ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Future106
    Original poster 1 posts

I lost eight hours of gameplay thanks to the awful save functionality on watchdog legion for the Xbox series X. The game crashed and took my save with it. I don’t believe the game saves unless you quit to the main menu which is utter garbage . This happened to me on so many Ubisoft games. I’m getting sick of this! I swore I would never play a Ubisoft game again when this happened on assassin Creed Valhalla… but here we are. I will never buy another Ubisoft game. Waste of time. When I reached out to customer support for Valhalla they gave me the runaround. They never provided any answers or said they would fix it so I have never touched it again. Looks like I won’t play Legion either

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• reaverman
    1 posts

@future106 Yeah, I found that out too this weekend!

• xDarkRaynx
    3 posts

@future106 I lost over ten hours of game progress and got started with the construction worker mission again. Played 2 more hours, went to the main menu and tried to start campaign again in an effort to save. Only option was new game. Went to home screen, quit then relaunched the game. "Load game" option was back, but the last 2 hrs I played were gone. Back to the construction worker mission again. I'm done until I hear about a fix for this. Ubisoft, just add a save game option in the menus next time!

• PhilCootes
    1 posts

How is this still a bug in 2022?

I will never purchase another ubisoft product again, just lost 15 hours of gameplay and cannot get a refund.

• samur2
    1 posts

Yep, just lost about 10 hours worth of play. Not bothering starting again, it's OK but not worth the risk of losing save games after lots of time progressing. very annoying..

• erobella
    1 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hey there guys,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this, I'm sorry to see you've lost save data!

Could you please let us know more about this, including;

• What happened in-game before losing your save (did you all experience a crash)?
    • What were you doing in-game before the crash / save was lost (mission / location / last action)?
    • Did you lose a local save / cloud save, or both?
    • Do you always close the game down completely or use Quick Resume?
    • Do you play the game / same save on any other platforms with cross-progression?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • xDarkRaynx
    3 posts

Here is a temporary work around that I found on reddit from adsefc1. It worked for me the one time I tried it, but it did not appear to work for everyone:

1. Once you have finished playing, change to another operative and go back to the open world

2. Go to options and change a setting (I changed a receptacle option) and then backed out to open world

3. Go back to options and change the same setting back, go back to open world

4. Open the menu again and quit the game

5. Go to your dashboard / home and quit the game so it’s no longer in a quick resume state (click 3 horizontal lines on controller when game is highlighted on dashboard)

6. Reload game as normal

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this @xdarkraynx , we appreciate it!

Official Response
  • xDarkRaynx
    3 posts

it did not work for me after doing a quick resume on Xbox Series X

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2571 posts

Hey @xdarkraynx

We wouldn't recommend using the quick resume feature on the Xbox whilst still on the game, as it disconnects you from the server whilst the Xbox is in rest mode, so please exit the game fully when you are finished for a session.

Official Response
  • alklein35
    2 posts
    Hey there guys,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this, I'm sorry to see you've lost save data!

Could you please let us know more about this, including;
    • What happened in-game before losing your save (did you all experience a crash)?
    • What were you doing in-game before the crash / save was lost (mission / location / last action)?
    • Do you play the game / same save on any other platforms with cross-progression?

Thank you!

What assurances can you give that this information will actually get us anywhere? Even way back in 2020 Ubisoft acknowledged this exact issue and was allegedly working on a fix. What new information could we possibly provide a year and a half later that suddenly gets Ubisoft to fix something as basic as saving a game?

EDIT: Actually, looking further, Ubisoft announced that this would be fixed in a December 2020 patch. Small indie company just didn't have the funds to make saving a game work I guess.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6048 posts

Hello there @alklein35! Welcome to the forums 🙂

We have requested this information from players who have lost their save progress as it helps us to better understand what might be causing the save progress to be lost, or if there are any trends in this behaviour.

As shared by my colleagues within this thread, we are aware that using the quick resume / switcher features of next-gen consoles can cause the game to not save correctly, and for progress to be lost. We would recommend that you avoid using this feature if possible whilst playing Watch Dogs: Legion, and that you exit the game fully when you have finished your gaming session to prevent any progress from being lost.

If you have lost any in-game progress, we'd appreciate it if you could provide us with the requested information, as this will help us to better understand your personal experience with this issue.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • akvbroek
    7 posts

@ubi-theberry

The first and second time I had an in-game crash. After the second, it happened every time I left the game on either quick save or quit through the menu.

The first and second crash both happened while changing wardrobe options in the pub base.

Both? I can't seem to find any save options at all in this game. Since I am connected to the Internet, I guess cloud?

The first crash + lost save was after a few hours on quick resume. The second was after two months playing only with quick resume. After that I tested other suggested methods to save (e.g. quitting to main menu, hard quitting from xbox menu, restarting xbox, changing a setting before quiting to main menu) none would save past the first main story mission after leaving the pub base for the first time.

No. I play only on xbox series x.

• akvbroek
    7 posts

@akvbroek I wonder why a save option just hasn't been added to the pause menu? As the auto-save does not seem to consistently work and there is no resolution in sight. Rather than further work arounds and bug fixes, why not simply give us a way to manually trigger a save.

I suppose this assumes that saving is the issue and not corrupted saves. But either way, it would be a good first step to at least give us a bit of control to test with.

• A1R50FT-10
    503 posts

@akvbroek corrupted saves is defo an issue! I have had this issue a number of times on another platform

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 847 posts

Hi @akvbroek, thanks for providing that information! So you're unable to save past a specific story mission? What is the name of that mission?

@A1R50FT-10 Sorry to hear you've also experienced corrupted saves. Which platform is this on?

Official Response
  • A1R50FT-10
    503 posts

@ubi-mushy It was on my PS4. The trouble I have is that this issue will occur out of the blue, making it hard to record. I don't think I have a screenshot because I haven't played Campaign mode for some time now.

• akvbroek
    7 posts

@ubi-mushy Correct. No matter how long I play, I end up outside the pub base after "Exit the Safehouse" on Restart Dedsec.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hello everyone, thank you for letting us know some of you are still experiencing this on Xbox Series X. We have reached out to our team who handles this game now to see if there is anything we can advise, or if it would be better to open private support cases for some of you to gather more detail.

We will do our best to update you when we know more, my apologies that your save progress is not registering at this time on XBSX.

Official Response

Suggested Topics