ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RiskierStream34
    2 posts

@future106

Yep. I had the same. Was totally absorbed in the game, absolutely loving it and then lost all of my progress. Not even just the last update, everything. And just thought “screw it, I’m not starting the whole game again” so it’s sat there untouched since early this year. I’ll try again once more but absolutely livid. One thing to lose 20 mins gameplay, but days worth?? Just ruins the experience. So long ago I can’t recall the detail, but glad I’m not alone!!

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@riskierstream34 Thank you for your reply. We completely understand that losing a save is frustrating and we will pass your feedback on.

If it does happen again please let us know.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • RiskierStream34
    2 posts

@future106 Yep - having the same problem. In April 2022, long after the game was released! I must have started Legion four or five times since I bought it and it's never once saved (or if it has, it's lost the saved game within days). I'm absolutely seething. I can tolerate bugs and glitches in a game, but a game that doesn't even bloody save??? What the hell is that about? Worse still (and this really has hacked me off)... I contacted customer services, it IS A KNOWN ISSUE and there are no plans for an update. So Ubisoft are ok with games that literally don't save. Of all the fundamental functions a game needs!! All that says is that they don't care. I'm not prepared to part with more money for expensive games from Ubisoft as a developer, not if they are prepared to tolerate issues like that. They can suffer the same reputational damage as CD Projekt Red as far as I'm concerned. Which is a damn shame for a game that looked awesome.
    And if they care - it's not apparent when the game is autosaving. I try to avoid using quick resume. And whenever I start the game up again and select "campaign", my only option is "NEW GAME", as "continue" is greyed out.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6048 posts

Hello there @RiskierStream34,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry for any impact that this issue has had on your gaming experience. I'd like to assure you that your feedback has been passed on to the dedicated teams so they have visibility of this.

As you have been informed, there are no further Title Updates planned for Watch Dogs Legion, which means that there are no fixes currently planned for this issue. I understand that this may not be the answer you were hoping for. I'd like to assure you that the Player Support team will continue to assist you with any queries or concerns you may have, and we will also continue to forward any reports or feedback shared to the dedicated teams.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • splinterstan
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis not really very helpful at all. Basically, we acknowledge you have a issue but we can't do anything to help.

When people have paid full price for this game (in my case) and then lose many hours worth of progress do you agree that this makes the game unplayable in which case we are left nothing in return for our money.

As you can see this from a frustrated ubisoft fan and someone who enjoyed the watch dogs legion experience until this issue.

• alklein35
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis So Ubisoft's present day support strategy is to have commonly occurring critical issues that exist from day 1, blame users for causing it, and refuse to ever fix it until eventually they just end support and tell us to suck it up so they can pretend they're justified? Good information to have when considering future purchases.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2571 posts

Hey @splinterstan and @alklein35

Please understand that Ubisoft Support do share your concerns and if there were any other options for us to recover lost saves, we would happily do so for you. At this time though, all we can do is share the news that the dev team have shared about the future of the game and continue to pass on reports and feedback about it. If we ever hear of any changes to the plans to address issues that still remain (such as this), we will share news of this ourselves on the forums too.

Official Response

Suggested Topics