ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• martin90p
    Original poster 1 posts

Error code (CE-34878-0)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Belcechus
    37 posts

After the last update the error CE-34878-0 appears often and I don't know what to do! This error appears when I'm shopping in Ravensthorpe, when I'm talking with the npc, when I open chests, when I skip conversations... it is impossible to continue playing like this. And every time the error appears, I report it.
    Why this error only appears when I'm playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla and it's not appears in other games? I have my ps4 updated, so I don't know why this error appears.

• moriatii
    53 posts

I can appreciate the effort it takes to create a game but this is simply ridiculous, over 2 hours gameplay I had this error 7 time, come on whf are you guys playing at?
    Game freezes/bugs/missing items and these dam crashes..... maybe it's time you started to actually test the game prior to release, as of this game I will never buy another Ubisoft release, it's clear that you only care for cash and not the players enjoyment.

• Daegan87
    16 posts

Twice! I've gotten error ce-34878-0 during kingmaker last night during Triumphant Return and just now with The Measure of a Norseman. The ENTIRE time I have not been able to manually save and it is not auto saving. I have lost all save data both times starting all of the way back at the beginning of the Kingmaker. I'm getting so mad I don't even want to play anymore until they come out with a new patch. I'm not going to keep playing when I can't progress and I can't save. I have never been so disappointed with an assassin's creed game but they definitely rushed this.

• shyam3010
    84 posts

The game is crashing way too often to the point that it's becoming literally unplayable. Prior to the recent patch, it didn't crash for me at all. However I noticed that after the patch was installed, the game crashes on average once every hour for me. The fan in my PS4 is noticeably making a lot more noise while the game is being played, which is incredibly unusual as it has never happened before with any other game I've played and it's always very quiet, even in the middle of games in general.

I've had about 4 hours of gameplay since the patch was installed and it has crashed four times. The crashes are seemingly random, and I'm doing nothing to trigger it. For instance:

1st crash = immediately after I bought a couple of things in Yanli's shop.
    2nd crash = in the middle of a raid. (Had to reload latest save and do the entire raid again. Fun.)
    3rd crash = in the middle of a fight w/ a zealot.
    4th crash = immediately after speaking to Reda.

Funnily enough, the only other times I've experienced a crash in the middle of a game were on AC Origins and Odyssey – although in these games, crashes didn't happen too often (every 10 hours or so), so it was manageable, despite not being ideal. A crash every 10 hours is something I can live with, but a crash every hour in a game that is already riddled with bugs is just taking the mick at this point.

On the same PS4 I've played Sekiro, GTA 5, FIFA 20, Call of Duty etc. and absolutely NONE of these games have crashed on me. This isn't a surprise as my PS4 is in perfect condition and there are zero problems with it. As such, it's pretty obvious that the fault lies with ubisoft. The crashes need fixing since it's literally a game-breaking issue.

• Daegan87
    16 posts

This is the ONLY game I have ever had crash on my ps4 and now I have started to get other errors. I feel like this game broke my system. I keep getting this error and have had to start over the king maker mission twice and have lost all of my progress in that mission. I can't save ANYWHERE during that mission. I can't quick save or do the other save in the main menu. I've had so many issues I don't even want to play until they patch it at this point. I'm not going to keep playing when I can't progress because it keeps crashing and I can't even save to be able to pick up SOMEWHERE in the middle. I paid $120 for a game I can't even play because it's broken. I still haven't gotten through king maker because I'm scared I'll spend the time to go through it again and it will crash. I don't want to play the same mission 5 times.

• Belcechus
    37 posts

@shyam3010 I have the same problem and I reported this error in the Spanish forum and I was ignored. I even sent a message to technical support with screenshots and was also ignored. At this point, I assume that Ubisoft only cares abaut xbox or pc crashes.

• Belcechus
    37 posts

@daegan87 I have the same error constantly and the problem is not my ps4 because this error only appears when I'm playing Valhalla.

• ZenoTheStranger
    6 posts

I haven't had such problems that severe, but I have noticed increased instability, especially after the last patch. The game will sometimes crash when I'm streaming it, either on YT or Twitch, from my PS4, but otherwise it doesn't seem to be a problem.

• shyam3010
    84 posts

@belcechus
    Damn, seems like a lot of people are experiencing this problem. And nah, I don’t think they care at all. We’re almost a month since the game was released and they still have a million bugs to fix. I doubt they did any sort of bug-testing prior to launch because the game is literally unplayable at this stage. What a waste of money.

• shyam3010
    84 posts

@zenothestranger
    Good to hear you haven’t experienced any major problems. You’re quite lucky. Hope you continue to have a smooth (enough) experience with it. I haven’t touched the game since I made that post

• shyam3010
    84 posts

@daegan87
    Feel your pain man. My advice would be to swerve the game entirely until they’re actually bothered to fix it. They’ve taken our money and they’re taking FOREVER to fix these bugs that should’ve been fixed months before launch. It’s terrible

• A-CDN-MTN-BEAR
    14 posts

I've just reported the sixth CE-34878-0 error (PS4), since the November 10th digital pre-order launch. Fun. 👎

• A-CDN-MTN-BEAR
    14 posts

I just reported the 6th such error, since the November 10th digital pre-order launch. Each error happens at random intervals. It even occurred as I was closing this game: press the PS button, then press the Options button, and then select "Close Application".

I have 1 game on disc, "The Division", and it has caused me far less frustration than virtually any other digital (PS4) Library games that I have access to.

I'm not exactly sure why companies seem to think that they have so much pressure on them to appease the fragile and hurried mindset of some gamers. As I've been gaming, since the mid-80s, it's become apparent that this "push" coincides with a "gotta have it now" consumer approach and mentality. Well, I, for one, am so freaking sick of the developers continuing this lacklustre and lackadaisical effort to lazily grasp the gamers with this practically broken "game". Yeah, it has its moments of decent and even funny scenarios, but when a program is being marred by an almost unknowing (to the consumer) game crashing bug, how does this continue to be acceptable?

• Daegan87
    16 posts

@shyam3010 yeah, I'm definitely not going to play until it's fixed. There's not point since I'd lose everything when it crashes again.

• TheCosmicBob
    76 posts

I have gotten this one several times on the PS4. Many more than usual it seems to me. Other games would occassionally crash, but maybe only once every 25 or more hours. This one crashes almost every four hours and not in predictable/repeatable places.

So far, I haven't played anything else since I started Valhalla. I'm hoping it hasn't corrupted my PS4 system, like others have reported.

• guest-oPTbogsn
    9 posts

@shyam3010 im already at 25 crashes in a couple of days,and now the game crashes sometimes randomly,and today during cutscenes,this is getting out of hand,this is terrible,and it means the game was released without fully testing,im done with this game,not gonna bother anymore,i should file a lawsuit.

• jimmymac307
    1 posts

Every time I play this game it crashes on me with error CE-34878-0. I'm so sick of it! Please fix this!!!

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@jimmymac307 all you can do with this is report it to sony. Eventually they'll get so many passed on from sony that they'll have to take action. I've lost count of the number of these I've had. Always at stupid no logic moments like walking through a door in the traders hut at the settlement or doing a leap of faith from a location I've done countless times before.

• krissyd215
    7 posts

@jimmymac307 I'm having the same issue. It's always when I go underwater. I just keep reporting it.

Suggested Topics