ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Unsolved Help - Vehicle Thumbnail Not Loading In For Every Car/Live Logo Hovers Over - Playing On XBOX SERIES X ?

0 Likes/32 Replies/429 Views
    TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

Im playing on the Xbox Series X and each week i log in and play the game the vehicle thumbnails disappear so i have to go through every car to load in the car thumbnail/picture, this is really frustrating as this wasnt happening when i was playing the game on the xbox one x, i know you have to do this when you either uninstall and reinstall the game but each week or the week before i go through every car to have the thumbnail load in of the car only for the following week the thumbnails disappear and the live logo hovers of the car, can anyone tell me what the issue is?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@tc2-2018 Hi there.

Sorry to hear about this issue you're seeing with the car thumbnails when playing on Xbox Series X!

Thank you for taking the time to explain in detail what's happening when you attempt to choose a vehicle. So that we can take a closer look at the issue for you, would you be able to provide a short clip of your car thumbnails? You can upload this clip to a video/file sharing site like YouTube or Google Drive, and post the link in your reply to share the video with us.

Many thanks.

Official Response
  • TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-nacho

Hi, here is a link for a short video of the issue, each week i come back to the game the vehicle thumbnail disappears and the live logo is hovering over the car until the picture of the car loads in, this is for every discipline and used drift discipline as an example and it is like this every week, im playing on the series x and i never had this issue of the Xbox one x, i have disabled auto hdr as i thought that might be the issues, im also not uninstalling the game and the game is installed fine, i have to do this every week and is time consuming can you please find the source of the issue? thanks

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@tc2-2018 Thank you for your reply and thank you for the video.

Can we ask how are you connected online in order to play?

Is it wireless or wired? Also what is your upload and download speeds?

If wireless can you see if the issue still happens over a wired connection?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-viral

Hi, i usually play wireless and get 110.7mbps download speed and 10mbps upload speed

I have also tested via Wired Connection too and the same thing keeps happening, when i come back to play the game after a 1 week away the vehicle thumbnails again keep disappearing, this makes it annoying as i cant do anything with the car until the vehicle thumbnail has loaded in, having to this every week for over 460 cars is frustrating after spend 15-20min the week before loading in each car thumbnail to only disappear again the week after?

If no solution is found i may have to stop playing this game!!

• Ubi-Nacho

@tc2-2018 Hi!

Apologies for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Would you be able to take a look at both our Xbox technical troubleshooting guide and connectivity troubleshooting guide? This should help us to rule out a lot of common problems, and may help to improve the time it takes for these thumbnails to load in.

Please be in touch to let us know how you get on with these steps.

Many thanks.

Official Response
  • TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-nacho

Just an update from the last response, im still having the same issue, play for 1 day and come back the following week and the vehicle thumbnails for every car in the game disappears and having to go through each car to load in the vehicle thumbnails, have followed the technical troubleshooting guide, have made my xbox series x the primary console (having sold the xbox one x to see if this issue would help), have done every single thing imaginable and this issue is still persisting, the strange thing is that the game keeps thinking im installing the game for the 1st time, i never had this issue on the previous console one x, nothing wrong on the internet part i.e speed and having tested both wireless and wired, since moving the game to the series x has caused a this issue, stats and everything else is working fine but its this vehicle thumbnail issue that is annoying, there must be a work around to get this issue fixed?

• Anykeyer
    203 posts

@tc2-2018

Im 99% sure this isnt networking issue.
    Thumbnails are stored locally in the same folder game keeps its other local data (like unuploaded liveries). Game recreates them when it cant find them in the usual location. It would be a lot easier to troubleshoot and fix on PC where you can have direct access to file system. But on xbox I guess you can try deleting local saves data (this wont erase game progress).

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3276 posts

Thanks for this suggestion @anykeyer !

Further to this, @TC2-2018 may we please know if you have the game installed on the Xbox's internal drive or are you using an external drive?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Beltran64
    13 posts

@ubi-theberry I also have the same issue with vehicle thumbnails as well on PlayStation 4 and Pro models for a few years now. Basically if I play any other video game and then start up The Crew 2, the vehicle thumbnails need to be reloaded once more. I have already done troubleshooting to fix the issue, but nothing changes.

• Ubi-Nacho

@beltran64 Hello there!

We appreciate your input on this issue with vehicle thumbnails. Sorry to hear this persists across PS4 and PS4 Pro too.

Could you confirm if this happens exclusively after playing another game, and then launching The Crew 2? Will you have this issue when launching The Crew 2 after turning the console off and on again, or launching this game only back to back?

We'll pass this information on to the team for a closer look.

Official Response
  • Beltran64
    13 posts

@ubi-nacho The issue occurs when I start another game after playing or idling 2-5 minutes or rebuild the database of the PS4 or Pro. The preview thumbnails remain intact when the console is turned off or in Rest Mode as well. Launching the game back to back does not wipe or reload the preview thumbnails.

• OBu42
    246 posts

@beltran64

I don't know much about the x-box internals, but to me, it sounds like your internal storage might be full and the temporary storage is freed by the system once another game needs space for temporary items. Is this a possible explanation?

• Beltran64
    13 posts

@obu42 Hello. I tested both PlayStation PS4 and Pro models with over 200 gigabytes of internal drive space available on each one.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

@beltran64 Thanks for that information! I saw you mentioned you have already completed some troubleshooting, have you tried to fully uninstall and reinstall the game yet by chance?

Official Response
  • Beltran64
    13 posts

@ubisushivamp Indeed. The issue still persists unfortunately.

• TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-theberry - the game is installed on the internal storage of the series x and have over 330gb free space its nothing to do with the storage, i dont understand because it was never an issue on the one x the 2017 model, i soon as moved the game over to series x this issue started happening, there was a brief moment when i played the game on a thursday and played again on a saturday and the odd vehicles that i loaded in thumbails was still there as normal on the saturday but then i came back to the game yesterday and the thumbnails disappeared again for every car, so its something happening in the background?

• TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

@anykeyer - ill try this and report back

• OBu42
    246 posts

@beltran64 @TC2-2018

Once again the disclaimer that I'm not a console player, but for both consoles, I saw reports on the internet, that the "local cache" can be cleared by switching the console off and removing it from power for some time. If those reports are correct, the amount of disk space left is irrelevant since the local cache has to be a memory chip, otherwise, it would not be wiped once the power cord is unplugged. And this cache will be much smaller than the disc space you are having available.

So one thing you could check is, whether you are unplugging your console (maybe indirectly by switching off a multiple socket extension), or whether the other games you are playing are using the local cache as well. This would explain why older consoles did not have the issue - they might have a different concept for local caching.

If this is really the source of the problem, it would be a good design decision to shift the local cache location to the hard disk, even though this will slow down the loading of the thumbnails a bit.

• TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

@anykeyer But on xbox I guess you can try deleting local saves data 

there is no option for this on the series x im afraid, only thing shows is reserved space?

Suggested Topics