ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Unsolved Help - Vehicle Thumbnail Not Loading In For Every Car/Live Logo Hovers Over - Playing On XBOX SERIES X ?

0 Likes/32 Replies/429 Views
    TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

@obu42 - im not sure what you mean by your post, there isnt any option on the series x regarding cache?

• Anykeyer
    203 posts
    @anykeyer But on xbox I guess you can try deleting local saves data 

there is no option for this on the series x im afraid, only thing shows is reserved space?

Its pretty much the same thing, local files game creates that dont belong to any particular account.
    Have you tried clearing reserved space for TC2? And how large it is for this game?

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 894 posts

@beltran64 Apologies for the late response, and sorry to hear the issue persists after a reinstall of the game. Does this issue affect all vehicle previews, or just some? If it only affects some vehicles, is it the same vehicles every time?

@OBu42 That could definitely be the cause of the issue. Thank you for chiming in and suggesting some potential fixes.

@TC2-2018 As @Anykeyer said, clearing reserved space should do the same thing. Please update this thread once you get a chance to try that.

Official Response
  • Beltran64
    13 posts

@ubi-mushy Thanks for the response. It affects all vehicle previews.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 894 posts

@beltran64 No problem, I appreciate the clarification! Do you happen to have any video or screenshots we can share with the team?

Official Response
  • TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-mushy - Hi to follow up the issue still persists, have cleared/deleted reserved space, have cleared the cache under persistent storage option to see if this helps and also instead of doing full shutdown option i instead do turn off console and then leave the console plugged in for a while and then remove from socket and the same thing happens where every single car the thumbnail are gone when i log back in to play the game, i have hunch and say its due to poor optimization on the new console due to the SSD storage being too quick and not storing the thumbnails for the cars in the game like the old consoles did, i might be wrong but for the life of me i cant think what else would be causing this?

• Anykeyer
    203 posts

Its likely that game does save files properly but then they somehow disappear between sessions (reserved space size isnt large enough? game devs are usually the ones who increase it on consoles) or game tries to look for them in a different location each time.
    On PC if you delete a vehicle thumbnail while game is running it will be recreated next time you open vehicle selection menu. So if those files arent saved at all you would get them recreated each time you open vehicles list, not after game's restart.

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff 278 posts

I've touched bases with the team @TC2-2018 and they have now confirmed this is the normal behavior for the thumbnails. I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and my apologies for that.

@Anykeyer I'd like to thank you again for the insight. We really appreciate such things from our Community. 💜

Official Response
  • TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-ladyblue - That cant be right with normal behavior, hows it possible when i was playing on the One X this was never an issue, i seen players playing on PS4/PS5 and PC including Racemasterdave and they have none of the issue with the thumbnails of vehicles disappearing, i still refuse to believe it being a issue with Series X, i rather someone be transparent and say that the issue cant be pinpointed instead of saying its normal behavior of the thumbnails to save and load in fine for 1 week and then completely disappear the following week, A Static image of a car would have been better or something similar to TC1 instead of this thumbnails....

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 500 posts

@tc2-2018 Hey there! I apologize for any frustration this has caused. To clarify further, the team let us know that what was seen in the video provided earlier in this thread is normal behavior. The vehicle's thumbnails are always refreshed when accessing the vehicle inventory. This is why it sometimes seems like the vehicles are disappearing when they are actually loading/refreshing. However, I've made a note of your feedback regarding the thumbnails and will pass it along to the team to consider. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Official Response
  • TC2-2018
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-perseids thanks for the response, just to add to your response vehicle thumbnail would only be refreshed if the vehicle was purchased first time in the game or if its a new vehicle released, once you hover over the car and wait for the vehicle thumbnail to load in then going forward you don't have to do this every time when using the said car, it still doesn't add up to me when this is happening to every car i have brought in game in order for it to refresh or load in , if it was 1 or 2 car per say then that would be understandable or if i had a handful of cars then i wouldnt bother with this issue but when you have over 400 cars in the inventory then it can be tiresome to have to load in every vehicle in each 16 discipline categories, its time consuming when i could just be playing the game, i only play the summit due to this issue now, before this issue and on my previous console playthrough i use to be play the crew 2 every day even though i had already completed everything there was to do way back in 2018, it was my first game that i purchased full price and have got every penny worth out of the game, i could be playing the new stories but i will cant be bothered because of the issue i pointed out, its a shame that all my time of playing video games i have never come across such a bizarre issue, i really hope the feedback you have sent comes back with a solution thanks....

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

@tc2-2018

Hey there.

Thanks for the further info provided on this. If we hear anything from the team regarding this we'll return to the thread to let you know.

Cheers!

Official Response

Suggested Topics