ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 12 Likes/110 Replies/16006 Views
    Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there @Legions_Reaper! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, as well as your workaround for the issue. Just to confirm, are you still occasionally encounter the blue screen and kernel error? If so, please let us know so we can look into collecting some additional information from you for the ongoing investigation.

The dedicated teams are still looking into what could be causing this blue screen to occur, and we don't yet have any updates to share regarding this issue. Once any new information is shared with us from the investigation, we will let you know within the forums as soon as we're able to.

The dedicated teams are interested in collecting system files from players who have been affected by this issue. If you have not yet provided these for further investigation, please let us know within this thread so we can create support tickets for you to submit these.

@Fezplum - Just to confirm, are you still experiencing a blue screen when launching For Honor? If so, please let us know if you have been able to submit your system files for investigation or not, so we can open up a support ticket if necessary.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Fezplum
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis yep, still having the issue. My support ticket has been open for a good amount of time now and I have already submitted all the files necessary.

• dehlenfeld
    8 posts

@ubi-theberry Just gettin an itch to play my dude. I will donate all my steel for a tourny

• Legions_Reaper
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis correct. I have the issue still when I launch through GeForce Experience. Only when I click off the screen to my 2nd monitor. If I only play the game, I dont crash. I cannot launch through steam, it will immediately blue screen as soon as the window for For Honor shows up. I noticed it opens in windowed mode. Launching through Nvidia GeForce experience, it goes to full screen. The crash is being caused by the windowed mode and it being minimized when clicked off. Any updates on a solution? Been over 2 weeks now. I'm not able to use the champion status I paid 15,000 steel for. 🙃

• hotchips89
    1 posts

its now day 3 of me having the horrid bsod crashes on launch of all games from Battle.net or Steam.
    I've tried all sorts, fresh windows install, redownload of all offending games, reseating hardware, driver updates on all components, NOTHING has worked (but now my pc is basically new in terms of service) ran virus / malware checks, granted relevant permissions to apps and launchers.

If anyone can help me please reply.

my specs are:
    i7 8700k (5.1ghz oc)
    RTX 3070
    trident z ram 3200mhz 2x 16g
    display running at 144hz / 3440/1440

• Legions_Reaper
    6 posts

@hotchips89 it looks like you're having a different issue. Maybe try and watch your event viewer and see what's actually happening when you crash.

• Legions_Reaper
    6 posts

@legions_reaper in addition, I rolled back my Nvidia drivers to Jan 1 2022. No change. No issues on any other games. Only ubisoft. Other EAC games work for me.

• Drizztmoon
    2 posts

@fezplum same here.. to pay for something you can't use sucks. rep 300 200k steel. two weeks plus now.

• ItsMayushii
    3 posts

i have been able to fix the bluescreen problem with Honor so in the game files i replace the anit-cheat file with my brothers file off his computer as i read that anit-cheat was causing the issue and my brother could use the game. and this has stopped the game from bluescreening so if you have a friend how can access the game ask if they could send you the file.

• Saba_MN
    4 posts

@itsmayushii what files exactly did you replace? I just tried replacing the easy anti cheat files I could find with my brothers files but my game still bluescreened 😕

• BarbedPrimarch
    2 posts

@itsmayushii This made me try something similar. I deleted the anti-cheat files and then told ubisoft the verify the game files (eac.exe and the EasyAntiCheat folder). I still blue screened after. I am wondering if it was a bad download. I am going to see if there is a cache somewhere that I can delete and try the same thing again.

• ItsMayushii
    3 posts

@saba_mn you need to make sure your brother can still access the game and the file location is ubsoft game luncher-games-for honor and in the anit-cheat should be the top one i think this worked for me because the anit-cheat file i replaced it with was older version of it

• ItsMayushii
    3 posts

@barbedprimarch yeah i tryed that at the start this work because i replaced the file with an older file verifying the download or updateing easy anti-Chet didn't do anythink

• Slozzzzzzy
    1 posts

it's still there

• Cyber_Savvy
    3 posts

Just bought this game last night. Been excited to play it with my friend. Bought the complete edition on sale from the Epic Games Store. Installed, updated, linked accounts, was getting ready to go when this blue screen crap started. I've tried just about everything besides reinstalling the game, but my internet speed is [censored], and it would take over 24 hours to reinstall everything. Plus, that hasn't seemed to work for most people anyway.

It's also definitely not isolated to the 20 series Nvidia cards. I'm using a GTX 1660ti, Ryzen 5 2600X, 16GB Ram. I've updated drivers, validated files, repaired the EAC service via their setup executable, and I still blue screen when trying to start the game. GeForce Experience also doesn't detect the game. I'm not sure if that's because I just bought and can't even start it for the first time, or if it's related to purchasing it on the Epic Store. Either way, I'm [censored] off and can't play a game I've been eagerly waiting for a sale on, so I'm just [censored] in the wind right now.

• Cyber_Savvy
    3 posts

Wanted to update that I was able to get mine working after trying a ton of stuff. I've tried all suggestions at the below link:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/suxeo9/unexpected_kernel_mode_trap_bsod/

I also opened a support ticket with Ubisoft ticket where I also explain my situation and the solution that worked for me:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/cases/16195432

Basically, I went into the game properties for For Honor on the Ubisoft Connect client and added the /fullscreen parameter. This is an incredibly frustrating issue, so I hope this info help someone else.

• Saba_MN
    4 posts

@cyber_savvy Glad to hear you found something that worked for you, but the link to your support ticket doesn't work for me. I don't quite understand how to do the /fullscreen parameter thing and I would like to try that too.

• PWR-oDHELK
    1 posts
    I'm also having the same problem, I did the same thing and I even uninstalled windows about 3 times and one of them I put another windows and it didn't solve it

Ícone

• BarbedPrimarch
    2 posts

@cyber_savvy the /fullscreen seems to have worked for me. You are a genius. If this works for anyone else with a support ticket make sure to add it. Hopefully it helps the devs sort their stuff out.

Edit: It only worked once and then when I rebooted the game because ubisoft connect was being dumb it started crashing again.

• VengefulStorm40
    1 posts

i got this game 3 weeks ago now and haven't been able to play once because of this. its really frustrating and support hasn't been able to help. I've given all the files that where asked of me but there's still no fix in sight. this is honestly a joke how long something that completely ruins the game is taking to be fixed . is there any news on this please

Suggested Topics