ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• spideysoham1212
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello, Ghost recon team

I would like to discus the problem of CQC takedowns in game, considering there are more than 22+ CQC combats with different knives animations along with different surfaces/slopes/prones/bush animations and yet player's usually see the same animations again & again its really annoying to kill all players in same animations, when the devs have added so many animations to takedowns and we rarely see them... it lacks taste in game.
    As the game itself is so much fun, and fixing this problem will make the game more thrilling and more like Militaristic.
    Only the flat surface animations get boring, barely enemys come near incline surfaces,
    most of them are walking on flat surface or either they are standing still in base...
    WE WOULD REALLY LOVE IT IF YOU FIX THE ANIMATION ISSUES PLEASE 😞 .
    Thankyou! 👍

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Steven527
    384 posts

@spideysoham1212 yep been requested many times. There may be some valid reason for not adding all more frequently as they are premised on differences in slope position... but it has been the usual radio silence.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

Nomad can't communicate with the WASP sitting a few miles outside Aurora so why do you think that we can communicate with Ubisoft... the Communication Jamming is real people!!!

• Kean_1
    177 posts

I'm curious what is meant by militaristic in regard to take downs.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts
    I'm curious what is meant by militaristic in regard to take downs.

As in Hollywood Militaristic I assume.?

• wapeddell
    33 posts

@spideysoham1212 We've all asked countless times to incorporate all the various takedowns. I agree with you. The game has some amazing animations that never get used due to the conditions required for that takedown to be triggered. Rarely do you see off-trail or just scattered throughout the wilderness. You may catch a few stragglers but usually, those soldiers are either repairing something or have a small camp setup.

I believe what OP means by Militaristic is if you're in a heavily armed base and trying to role-play realistic stealth you would resort to using more takedowns instead of shooting a suppressed weapon. IRL, if you were to fire a suppressed weapon it would still alert patrolling soldiers nearby. Although, in this game, even on extreme the AI is deaf and can't hear suppressor even standing next to another soldier getting gunned down. That is my assumption.

• Kean_1
    177 posts
    @FcAc-No-Moe

As in Hollywood Militaristic I assume.?

.....that's what came to my mind.

I remember the Savage Actual guys (Patrick Moltrup and Jason Lilley; both Spec Ops) in a reaction video for Gameology giving their thoughts on Breakpoint. I think it was Patrick who said while watching one of these take downs, "why didn't he just shoot him?" He can't believe the character is wresting with another dude with his pistol in his hand. It's ridiculous.

As for hearing the gunshot suppressed or not, who isn't going to hear these two fighting and wrestling around? The takedowns in BP are about as authentic as the "combat rolls" which simply doesn't happen as they also pointed out. The BP take in all this comes off as Hollywoodesque. ......not authentic, realistic, etc.

• spideysoham1212
    Original poster 3 posts

@fcac-no-moe Hahaha That was a good one

• spideysoham1212
    Original poster 3 posts

@wapeddell In terms of Militaristic i just used the word to represent breakpoint gameplay... all i meant to say if the takedowns gets more variety, the CQC could be more fun and thrilling to do so, different animations every time we do cqc won't get boring
    It just feels good to do takedowns, As personally i like to be stealthy and do more cqc.
    Thats all👊

• Kean_1
    177 posts
    @wapeddell In terms of Militaristic i just used the word to represent breakpoint gameplay... all i meant to say if the takedowns gets more variety, the CQC could be more fun and thrilling to do so, different animations every time we do cqc won't get boring
    It just feels good to do takedowns, As personally i like to be stealthy and do more cqc.
    Thats all👊

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for clarifying what you meant by that.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

I am no Tier 1 operator. Hell, I am not even a grunt but, for the sake of the game and fun play, I am all about cinematics in CQC but I hardly use them because it never fails that I am in the middle of the mega cool cinematic when someone or multiple enemies see me and I can't stop the animation and next thing I see is my character on the floor turned into swiss cheese.

Or, and this is even worse, I never got the prompt to use the CQC button, missed the guy completely for whatever stupid reason not told before hand and I am now dead and since they never test their or codes or programming or if they do they don't care that the whole takedown hinders more than it helps then I also don't to use them.

I do believe we give them way too much free passes for broken stuff so I rather they don't do them if they are only going to be half churned.

• MikeWeeks
    392 posts

I'm experiencing some of the more interesting CQC takedowns while out free-roaming on none-level ground in the boonies - but only because instead of just shooting the target, I'm still grinding XP ... <sigh>

• Kean_1
    177 posts
    I am no Tier 1 operator. Hell, I am not even a grunt but, for the sake of the game and fun play, I am all about cinematics in CQC but I hardly use them because it never fails that I am in the middle of the mega cool cinematic when someone or multiple enemies see me and I can't stop the animation and next thing I see is my character on the floor turned into swiss cheese.

Or, and this is even worse, I never got the prompt to use the CQC button, missed the guy completely for whatever stupid reason not told before hand and I am now dead and since they never test their or codes or programming or if they do they don't care that the whole takedown hinders more than it helps then I also don't to use them.

I do believe we give them way too much free passes for broken stuff so I rather they don't do them if they are only going to be half churned.

I have experienced that in other games with these types of mechanics (animations). In Red Dead Redemption 1 & 2 this was a problem when skinning animals as I recall. You really had to be sure no baddies were around before you do.

Personally, I could do without CQC animations. Most of it is just Hollywood action movie stuff which does nothing for me.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

@kean_1

Agtain, I am not opposed (even if Hollywood-esque) as it will help with the feeling like a bada$$ Tier 1 operator, although a quick death is enough for me but the problem is they always skimp on the whole situation or better said, it feels like the people coding have never played a shooter game or they are cheating the testing with a God Mode so they don't realize that at some point in the animation there should be an option to stop it if you get painted/seen or the world around you should momentarily stop living until said animation is done... that would not break the gaming or fantasy immersion.

• Kean_1
    177 posts

@fcac-no-moe

Understood and I'm not opposed to these types of mechanics in a game like this as I realize that total authenticity isn't their goal. .....and it shouldn't be. It's just when it gets a little over the top that I (personally) feel it gets too arcadey. I'd rather have quick, simple hand-to-hand "take-downs" for several reasons.

It's funny because EA / DICE is suffering from a lot of the same design choices in BF2042 as Ubisoft made in BP.

• Steven527
    384 posts

@kean_1 One I miss is the rifle butt from Wildlands.

• Kean_1
    177 posts
    @Steven527
    @kean_1 One I miss is the rifle butt from Wildlands.

......simple and effective.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

Future Soldier had some good animations, some of them very good but a bit longer and still, I don't recall once getting angry because I had died because of what I said before, it seemed like the world around me stopped moving and waited for the whole thing to stop to begin moving again. Sometimes, I did died but that was because I attempted to take down an enemy to close to the other guy but that was more my fault than the game's.

Some of the Wildlands were good as well and some not so much. That takedown in BP where you slice'm & dice'm multiple times is a bit much and it seemed like I won the lotto with that one because it was the only one that I was able to mustered. Even switching knives didn't change so Yes, I tried the takedowns, I tried them enough times to last me forever and those sucked the big donkeys.

I am sure most people loved them just like I am sure those people don't care whether the game is called Ghost Recon or just Froot Loops: Animations.

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

@spideysoham1212 My personal opinion about the animations is while I do like how brutal the cqc looks in game, I will say that some animations take much longer than others. I think this is mostly for the karambit-style knives. But yeah, too bad we don't see other kinds of animations more often, as I think they are locked to whatever position we are in.

As I said, I like how brutal it looks, much more appealing than the basic neck-breaks and butt stock takedowns, but faster is a bit more efficient. Especially when the lead starts flying. What I'd like to see is a mix of quick and brutal with cqc. Let me ask you a question, have you ever played on the PS3 before? If so, have you ever played Killzone 3? If so, you may know what I'm talking about.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

Kean makes a very valid point; violent physical struggles/assaults are anything but quiet. During the 26 years I worked for my State's Prison System I witnessed, helped break up, or heard about literally dozens, if not hundreds of violent assaults/fights, etc. I can only recall one that ended with the victim on the floor, and the assailant initially getting away clean. All the others were pinged on within the first couple of seconds even when they WERE NOT in line of sight of anyone. So, yea, the use of CQC "stealth" take down is pretty Hollywood in my book----though I've seen a few in various games that I liked regardless. A more likely scenario is going "hand to hand" during an accidental close quarters encounter, (or your firearm just ran dry and to reload would take too long) and going to fists 'n feet, or maybe a knife; because anything else would be too slow.

Suggested Topics