ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ob1sApprentice
    Original poster 9 posts

Ubisoft, please fix this game, over the last week my friends and I are unable to enjoy this game anymore because of multiple issues:
    1. Game keeps crashing for one of us.
    2. NPCs are just tanking and sticking to character and you can't get away.
    3. 8 times out of 10, shield wint deploy, and if it does, it's too late.
    4. NPCs can shoot through cover now.
    5. NPCs can shoot you with smgs more than 2 blocks away with 100%accuracy and you can even see them, and their damage is ridiculous.
    6. Enemies aren't rendering, when they come out a door, sometimes they come out and they are invisible, attacking you and there's nothing you can do because they can't be seen.
    7. The NPCs are hitting way too hard now, it's overkill, dial it back to what it was before update.

This is out of control, ease fix these problems. We are veteran players and have been playing since launch and never have we had so anger in this game, we love a challenge but this isn't survivable anymore. Please do something about it!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ob1sApprentice
    Original poster 9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Imagine_Brata
    623 posts

Heroic is no problem for veteran players like me

• the_Kettle
    270 posts

@ob1sapprentice Sounds like server problems to me, but then a lot of the bugs and disconnects reported recently sound like they could be connection-related. I'm wondering if Ubisoft have been cutting down on the number of servers in the last few months as player numbers have dwindled, and and have maybe not been replacing them as numbers go back up again?
    I haven't had any of the issues you describe, although I did have a phantom fight going on in one area, all the sounds of a group of friendlies fighting a black tusk heavy, but nothing to be seen.

• Noxious81
    1026 posts
    (...) 2. NPCs are just tanking and sticking to character and you can't get away.

This can happen when rushers try to melee you while you've deployed your shield. So un-equipping the shield should do the trick here. But other than that – I have never heard of that issue before.

3. 8 times out of 10, shield wint deploy, and if it does, it's too late.

Sadly it's pretty hard to tell what happened here, if we do not have footage of this happening. I have already seen pretty simple solutions for such "bugs" (like simply being under the effect of an EMP or having activated a Directive), hardware issues being the real cause (broken button on a controller), and rather complicated connectivity issue that still in most cases will not be an issue with Ubisoft or the game. So yes... it's pretty hard to tell without actually seeing anything.

(...) 6. Enemies aren't rendering, when they come out a door, sometimes they come out and they are invisible, attacking you and there's nothing you can do because they can't be seen.

Again – this can have a lot of reasons. Connectivity, servers, graphics card... But again: that seems to be a rather rare issue, as I cannot recall having read something like that before. That at least miiiiight indicate a problem which could be found and fixed on your side.

7. The NPCs are hitting way too hard now, it's overkill, dial it back to what it was before update. (...)

Difficulty levels of the game were not part of the last update, so I guess that's rather a personal perception.

• echolecter
    319 posts

@ob1sapprentice Unfortunately these are all issues that game has from time to time. Either caused by lack of server response or simply bad implementation of NPC behavior, or difficulty by bullet sponges and extreme damage output. It's just how this game is made.

1. Many players are having this issue on PC, some days are better then others.
    2. When they get close (inside player) they actually glitch through your shield. Same happens in TD1, nothing new.
    3. Yeah sometimes skills take very long time to get activated by server, then deploy later, are invisible, or don't work at all.
    4. There are instances where they can, so as cleaners in TD1. If barrel is glitching through cover, they can shoot you.
    5. Not sure about distances but I can do same with a riffle, their damage is tied to difficulty and group size.
    6. Seen this happen a lot too, especially in Summit. They are only visible after some time, or they already start shooting while the doors are still closed. Either way, fighting invisible NPCs happens and it's quiet annoying when on highest levels.
    7. Could be, or just server issues where all damage comes at once, not spread over few seconds.

I would not expect any 'fixes' nor difficulty changes to the game. Maybe the next time you play it will be completely different and it feels like it's back to 'normal' and what you were used to.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3384 posts

Hey there @ob1sapprentice ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with these points.

Do you happen to have any video examples of any of these NPC behaviours that we can take a closer look into?

As for crashing, have any troubleshooting steps been attempted to see if they help reduce or resolve these?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Ob1sApprentice
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-theberry thankyou for your response, yes I can provide a lot of recorded evidence, im not the only one either, many I play with are having the exact same issues, the latest being the enemy npcs disappearing and respawning right on you and destroying you, it's so frustrating. But yes I can send you recorded sessions, I just need to know where and how?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2774 posts

Hey @ob1sapprentice

If you create a new thread for each separate issue, you can post links to video's with each issue. It's best to have separate threads for separate issues to keep threads easy to understand and manage and allow other players to find them too.

For the crashing issue, we'll need to speak to you or your friend through a support ticket to look into this. You can do so on the links below: 

Live Chat (when available)

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Private Message

Please make sure to provide your Ubisoft account username and email if messaging on Twitter or Facebook. 

Official Response
  • Ob1sApprentice
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-froggard thanks, I'll review my recordings and do that asap, there are a lot so I'll get them on here when I can over the next few days, cheers

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3104 posts

Thanks for that ob1sapprentice, PS4 consoles should give you an option to record a clip using the share button on your controller, then your console will ask if you would like to upload this to YouTube or Twitter, where you can then share the URL link with us, for us to be able to view. 

When you are able to capture each one of the issues you describe, please make a separate thread for each issue, this will help us track each issue separately and report them to The Division team, as well as provide updates or ask follow-up questions, more efficiently. I will close this thread now to encourage the posting of separate threads for each issue. Thank you for your help.

Official Response

Suggested Topics