ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• youmustwearface
    Original poster 3 posts

Division 2 on Stadia runs really well, after about one hour the game degrades into 20 - 30 fps. Quitting and reloading the game fixes the issue for another few hours. Also going into Ubisoft Connect and back to the game fixes the issue.

It was documented here https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2303751-Ubisoft-Connect-causing-performance-degradation-on-all-Stadia-Ubisoft-games?s=774b0cbc02c9edf996c0bcaeebf27883: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2303751-Ubisoft-Connect-causing-performance-degradation-on-all-Stadia-Ubisoft-games?s=774b0cbc02c9edf996c0bcaeebf27883) and it's still not fixed. Any updates on this?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 225 posts

Hi @youmustwearface and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your framerate issue while playing The Division 2! Do you also experience the same problem with other games on Stadia?

Please also make sure to perform troubleshooting steps suggested by Stadia in this case! You can find it by searching for 'Troubleshooting your Stadia experience' on Google Support page!

Official Response
  • razfaz23
    3 posts

@youmustwearface

Just a quick note on that FPS drop over time and a workaround. This appears to be a consistent problem across multiple if not all Ubisoft games and relates to the Ubisoft Connect overlay. I have experienced this with Division 2, Breakpoint, and obviously Watch Dogs Legion. For all those games the FPS would drop over time during extended gaming sessions. This issue reminded me of memory leak I had experienced with PC games in the past.

The current workaround and temporary fix is, when the FPS dropping starts, open the Ubisoft Connect overlay, wait for it to load, and then exit the overlay to get back in-gameFPS should be ok now. It should be noted that this will fix it only temporarily and you will have to redo this procedure more and more frequently over time. After long sessions (several hours) with Division 2 and Watch Dogs Legion this workaround would not work and the game will still start bugging out i.e. usually audio stuttering, audio failing, or full game crash.

It should also be noted that for Division 2 and Breakpoint this had been fixed at some point without any announcement. I have not seen this issue being official addressed by Ubisoft yet (but of course they may have but i missed it?).

Nonetheless, I hope this is helpful to those not being aware of this workaround yet, and I really hope Ubisoft gets an ultimate fix out for their Connect implementation on Stadia as this is the most annoying consist issue. My other request would be "give us 60 fps performance mode" day one  🙂

Cheers,
    raz

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 977 posts

Hey @razfaz23,

Thank you for kindly taking the time out to share your knowledge and experience to help youmustwearface. This is greatly appreciated.

If ever there is anything else we can help with in the future, just let us know as we are happy to help.

Official Response
  • youmustwearface
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck so is this a well described bug already? When should we expect a fix?

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@youmustwearface Thank you for your reply. After investigating with the team be advised that we're unable to adjust any graphical settings in Stadia.

Further information regarding Troubleshooting this issue would be found here: https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9595943

If you need anything else please let us know.

Thank you.

• youmustwearface
    Original poster 3 posts
    https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9595943

This has nothing to do with graphics settings on Stadia.

The game runs buttery smooth when freshly started. After about 20 minutes, you will notice it's not that responsive anymore. After an hour it's unplayable. Going into menu, loading Ubisoft connect and closing it, fixes that for some time. You will notice when the issue occurs, the Ubisoft connect takes time to react to any key press.

This feels like some memory buffer filling up and loading Ubisoft connect or performing logout/login fixes that.

Apparently, this issue is on Stadia for all Ubisoft games and just Ubisoft games.

Is everything clear now? Will this be fixed? According to Stadia this is a known server side issue and it has to be fixed by the game developer.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@youmustwearface Hi there.

Apologies for any misunderstanding here. Thank you for taking the time to share some further details with us.

We've passed along your comments to the team, and we'll be in touch once we have any additional information on this for you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics