ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 415 posts

Or still nothing?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hralex1951
    183 posts

I read an article about Heartland that was encouraging. It stated that in the PvE part of the game, players can have up to 3 coop partners and have access to the entire map to attack NPCs and farm and the map is very large. This is referred to as prep for the PvP so I assume you can farm weapons and gear. We'll see. No campaign or missions but a large scale enemy hunt.

The PvP part or storm is described as such.
    "The fact that Storm is referred to as PvEvP and not PvPvE could suggest the emphasis could still be on fighting NPCs. The Division’s Dark Zone is a similar experience where you can hunt down NPC enemies and try to extract powerful loot. But unlike the Dark Zone, where the threat of other players is optional based on how aggressive other players want to be, it seems like PvP in The Division Heartland will be mandatory."

The map is contracted by expanding circles of contamination.
    "Getting caught in the gas will cause players to go into a downed state, though you can survive if you’re wearing gas masks- for which you will have to scavenge and craft filters. Meanwhile, players can also look for Strategic Homeland Division (SHD) Beacons all over the map, which will allow you to call in supply drops, purchase upgrades, clear contaminated areas, and more."

The Storm part sounds like the Dark Zone.

• TK105
    64 posts

@dutchlmb4ever UBI/Massive said on October 27, 2021.
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/76iviwhtPviBcgLnJWt7Uo/an-update-from-the-division-2-team
    "On a monthly basis, and until the big reveal of this update, we will release dedicated in-depth articles to detail key features and changes."

However, at present, only the following two pieces of information are available (text only). Information disclosure is stagnant.

- Specialization Revamp
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/2AEi1DGvFH061RUUtvZD1Q/intelligence-annex-specialization-revamp
    - Expertise
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/3Eqa62fOd4sDI1hqjSVdI2/intelligence-annex-expertise

* Notice the date and time of posting for each.

One of the most important and strange points is that even though it has already been a year since the following announcement, the only information that has been released is two texts.
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/3TEZgBvercmUmsJvTv3KBG/the-division-2-the-road-ahead
    What have they been up to for a year? ...It seems to me that they discussed only the idea a year ago, and then left the production stagnant.

Probably around the time we published the "Specialization Revamp" article, the development finally started and the production was started.
    The reason for this is this. There were no images/video/information that could be released at both E3 2021 and gamescom 2021. They didn't produce it, so they couldn't release it. This can be considered from this fact.

At the moment, we only have two pieces of information, and we're procrastinating time, piecing together the place with season redistributions. development finally just started around October 2021, so they must be in a hurry to start making it now. I'm sure.
    The above is my personal conclusion based on my observation of Ubi's development of Division 2 and Massive's progress from its release to now.

I predict that the next content update will probably be implemented around the end of this year.

• Aced_100
    202 posts

I think it would be awesome in Division 2 and this new game if you could choose three friendly NPC's to be on your team, give them weapons and gear to deck them out just like yourself. Healers, DPS, Skill builds for them and be able to direct what they do like in Ghost Recon.

• Noxious81
    1007 posts
    (...) development finally just started around October 2021, so they must be in a hurry to start making it now. I'm sure. (...)

This is pure speculation – and probably quite far from the truth, otherwise they would not have had anything to actually play during the playtest in November.

spoiler

• TK105
    64 posts

@noxious81 Well, that's a possibility of course. I also know what is being talked about in the video inside that spoiler.
    It is important to note that the purpose of the tests mentioned in the spoiler was not necessarily convened for purely Division 2-related purposes.

Only the person who was summoned can confirm the fact of the test content, but it is possible that it was called a test for Division2, but was actually a call for testers for "The Division Heartland". Also, there was a rework of Striker later in December, so it could have been to test those existing changes. In other words, it doesn't necessarily mean that the testing was done for purposes related to the new content in Division 2.
    Personally, I am filled with so much doubt about Massive/UBIsoft that I feel that way.
    Think about it. "Specialization Revamp", "Expertise" ... Why, in the current situation, why do we only have text-only descriptions? There is not even a single screenshot. Why is that? lol

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-ca/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/TREbbv9NRdfyvHlQ5S5Z7/the-optimization-station
    There are past examples, like the URL above, that have disclosed information by producing images of the UI and other aspects of the development process long before PTS.

Assuming that the ongoing season re-distribution will end around May, I can imagine a flow of re-distributing something again after May to buy time again if the PTS does not start in April. (Apparel events, etc.)
    Based on the current situation of Covid-19, and taking into account the resumption of Massive's development and production and the speed at which it is progressing, my conclusion is that the PTS will be around September, and the next update will eventually come at the end of this year, around October or November.

I digress. As of now, there are only two pieces of information about the new content. Unfortunately, after that, there is not a single piece of information released about anything else.
    Today is a scheduled maintenance day, but there seems to be no maintenance. The promise to release information every month is long overdue, but perhaps new information will be released today or tomorrow. I think it's about time to release the upcoming PTS schedule and other information "if the development was really underway.

• Noxious81
    1007 posts
    (...) It is important to note that the purpose of the tests mentioned in the spoiler was not necessarily convened for purely Division 2-related purposes.
    (...) but it is possible that it was called a test for Division2, but was actually a call for testers for "The Division Heartland". Also, there was a rework of Striker later in December, (...)

Yep, true. We will probably never know for sure what playtests comprised what content of which game exactly. But I still think that playtests for TD2's new content are much more likely than the assumption that the development for the new content would not have started before October 2021. (And personally I also don't think that they did external playtests for the Striker rework at all...)

Personally, I am filled with so much doubt about Massive/UBIsoft that I feel that way. (...)

Well, no one can blame you for that... I can truly understand why people feel this way.

Think about it. "Specialization Revamp", "Expertise" ... Why, in the current situation, why do we only have text-only descriptions? There is not even a single screenshot. Why is that? (...)
    There are past examples, like the URL above, that have disclosed information by producing images of the UI and other aspects of the development process long before PTS. (...)

To be fair – the article on the Optimization Station was released early November, while the final update dropped December 8th. So we're talking about screenshots a month prior to the release of the final product.

The Intelligence Annex about the Specialization Revamp was published October 28th – so almost four months before the later to be postponed release date in late February. So it's not as telling that we did not see any screenshots as one might think.

(...) my conclusion is that the PTS will be around September, and the next update will eventually come at the end of this year, around October or November.

Well... we don't know. We cannot know. But I personally can't agree to your speculations here and prefer to stick to speculations (which still nonetheless also are only speculations) that are at least build around actual information and "soft" evidences hinting towards May.

(...) Unfortunately, after that, there is not a single piece of information released about anything else. (...)

Yeah, somewhere on Twitter someone from the team (Yannick?) added that the Intelligence Annex articles would also pause until a few months prior to the final release of the new content. So I'd expect to see the next article maybe late March or somewhere in April, but no earlier.

Suggested Topics