ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BennyMartins
    Original poster 12 posts

Hello.

I was away for a few days and just came back. Before I went away, I played AC Valhalla without any problem, but now, after starting the game, I lose Wi-Fi connection. If I close the game, the connection is resumed. I've tried all the ways I can to contact support through the website but just after I select something in the topics, I'm unable to open a case or start a chat. My Wi-Fi connection works very well with everything else from apps to browsers, downloads and uploads.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 783 posts

Hello @BennyMartins and thanks for reaching out to us!

I am sad to hear you have the connectivity issue in game now. Are there any errors occurring when you lose the connection?

Speaking about our live chat, may be you have tried to contact the chat outside of opening hours? Could you please try this link instead and see if it works?
    But first of all, I would suggest you to perform all the steps from our connectivity troubleshooting article and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Please feel free to get in touch if you need our assistance!

Official Response
  • BennyMartins
    Original poster 12 posts

Hello @ubi-oxavo and thanks for the response.

I've tried the steps of the connectivity troubleshooting article. So far, nothing worked. I've just forwarded the ports and I still lose connection everytime I open the game. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know...

This is what I have to add to forward ports for AC Valhalla's, correct?
    undefined

I connected to my router, went to the Port Forwarding tab and created a custom rule:

• Name: AC Valhalla
    • Server IP address: entered the IPv4 Address which I got from the ipconfig on cmd
    • Protocol: TCP
    • External ports: 80 * 443
    • Internal ports: 80 * 443

Is this correct? 😐

I even added exceptions to Firewall inbound rules specifying the ports for AC Valhalla, AC Valhalla_Plus and Ubisoft Connect. This seems to somewhat allow me to enter the game without losing connection but the menus on the title screen have the icon flashing all the time and when I close the game I can't synchronize the game saves with the cloud because Ubisoft Connect window says it doesn't have connection...

I have no clue what changed from last Wednesday to yesterday Sunday to make me have these issues. When I lose connection, everything else that is connected to the same router works 😧

Thanks in advance.

• BennyMartins
    Original poster 12 posts

Hello again.

With the help of my ISP provider, I was able to forward the adequate ports for AC Valhalla. This allowed me to enter the game and play it without problems and yet...

The problem is that while I'm playing the game, I still lose my Wi-Fi connection which prevents me from surfing the web while I have the game running, all the while everything works fine on other devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.). In addition, when I close the game, the game saves don't synchronize with the cloud.

I've tried everything from the troubleshooting article. What do I do now?

Please help me.

• BennyMartins
    Original poster 12 posts

Hello again.

Just to let you know that I managed to solve my problem. I realized I was making a mistake in port forwarding and I fixed it. Then I did a reset of the router and everything is now working correctly.

• Ubi_Plush
    Ubisoft Support Staff 364 posts

@bennymartins thank you for the update. That is great news to hear! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics