ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Fallen.Cortex
    Original poster 2 posts

Look at Buck and Blackbeard, the brothers in arms who have always been at he back of Ubisoft's minds when considering changes. During the operation shadow legacy both buck and Blackbeard lost their 2.5x sights on their machineguns, and were confined to 1.5x sights. In the words of Ubisoft this change was implemented to entice people to use their rifles when thinking of long distance engagements. The rifles (the SR25 and the CAMRS) were given the new 3.0x, 2.0x and 1.5x sights. This change effectively did nothing that Ubisoft intended it for. People simply picked a new operator and moved on with their lives. This left the MK17 CQB and the C8-SFW in the dust as less than enticing guns to use, the MK17 CQB because it had almost no ammo and bad penetration(you barely have enough to destroy a wood barricade in one magazine), and the C8-SFW because of it's awful recoil and poor sights. With these changes I understand the changes to Blackbeard's gun (it does have CQB or Close Quarters Battlerifle in the name), however Buck's C8-SFW has this description, "Medium to long range assault rifle. Takes 5.56mm caliber ammunition." It has long range in it's description and may I remind you Buck's only ability is his gun. This change that was made makes buck basically on an equal ground with all defenders in the game who are now mostly armed with 1.5x scopes and most arguably have better weapons. If Buck and Blackbeard had 2.0x scopes I truly think that Ubisoft could right this change. I cannot even count the amount of times I have died as buck to someone who I was unable to see due to the 1.5 or holographic scope being too low magnification. The only ways to use buck effectively is to swing and pre-fire every angle or to hide in a corner like a defender waiting for someone to push you. Hopefully Ubisoft will choose alternate methods in the future to entice rifle usage. The truth is nobody wants to use a rifle unless there is no superior gun available, the only attacker with a relevantly used rifle is Dokkaebi because the BOSG is not a good pick for your average ranked game and her ability is strong, unlike Blackbeard(I'm sorry to all Blackbeard mains and their plastic wrap shields). The truth is some players just don't like using rifles, no matter how many changes you make people still wont use rifles unless they are the most overpowered new meta. Sniping has never and will never be a viable option on siege, even Kali who uses a sniper as used more actively as a close range cannon than a long range gun. In conclusion PLEASE give buck, and maybe blackbeard the 2.0 scope.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• HadesOrso9288_
    226 posts

@fallen-cortex Buck doesn't really need the 2.0x for his C8-SFW and the recoil is not as bad as you're making it seem, in fact the gun doesn't have much recoil at all, but yet again, that's my opinion and I've spent time to learn and control the recoil with a controller on console and MnK on my PC (before my PC blew up). As much as I miss the ACOG for the C8-SFW, the 1.5x is an amazing sight and it actually helps with allowing players to get a slight zoom and a good field of view outside of the scope when aiming down sights. And also, giving Blackbeard a 2.0x wouldn't help him considering that his MK17 CQB is plain terrible, same damage but slow rate of fire, 20 round magazine and no recoil. The gun needs more than a new scope, it needs a damage increase from 40 to 45, and the rate of fire is inaccurate and doesn't reflect the actually irl MK17 CQB which fires are 650 RPM, the magazine should be fine if the damage and rate of fire were to be buffed but lastly if Ubisoft is being hesitant to even buff the damage and rate of fire then the should at least nerf the recoil slightly (vertically) to keep it balanced. And another problem with BlackBeard is the fact that his shield is only resistant to 1 bullet, which defeats the purpose of it being a shield when you're going up against fully automatic weapons, so if anything the shields health should be brought up from 20 to at least 50 or 80 because at least then with 50 it'll take up to 2-3 bullets to destroy the shield and with 80 it'll guarantee that the should is destroyed in 3-4 bullets.

• kanamoney
    19 posts

Suggested Topics