ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Hi_im_Argo
    Original poster 2 posts

Greetings,

I am a fellow Tank enthusiast. I love the feeling of standing there with my Big shield, soaking all the damage, laughing at their incapability of harming me.
    However there is a glaring issue with tanking in The Division 2.
    The only time Tanks have any value are in the Raids where it is required on some bosses such as Fiser in the furnace. Outside of raids on the other hand I am completely useless. I am supposed to be this Frontline Shield for my team and allow them to DPS the enemies but I have no ability to make the enemies target me. That is how their AI works, for example if I have a sniper on my team that shoots an enemy, the enemy will switch target towards my sniper on the other side of the map and ignore me. The only way I can pretend to be useful is with True Patriot de-buffing enemies or being a revive bot for my team, a job that can be done better by anyone with a Reviver hive equipped. I do no damage so I'm not helping to clear, and I fail at giving my team breathing space to DPS, I would be better off switching to healer since I can provide sustain and greater buffs as a healer than as a tank.
    (Yes I am aware the Meta calls for 3 DPS + 1 Eclipse or 4 skill builds for good clearing)

My idea currently would be along the lines of:

• Perhaps implementing some sort of aggro system, New Brand-sets, certain items or combinations that increase your aggro level, increasing how often enemies target you and even ignore Agents who are doing the most damage to the NPC.
    • Some kind of Taunt mechanic, a New Talent or buffing Vanguard by giving it the ability to, When Shield is deployed, Force enemies within a certain Radius to target you no matter what

I've made this post to encourage discussion on how to improve Tanking other than creating Hybrid tank/damage builds.

tl;dr: Tanks suck, you're better off with a healer or another DPS build, pls make tanks useful outside raids.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    830 posts

Old suggestion i made long ago was to make that melee with shield when no enemies around be a taunt to draw aggro or make it so when using shield the closer you are to the enemy the more aggro. But it's pretty much as you said, tanks are useful but not necesary in any content outside of raids

• Invictus_Maneo1
    4 posts

have you seen the shotgun champs in conflict? this crappy build is so annoying and requires no skill plus somewhat of a tank.

• Aced_100
    199 posts

I made a build with 3 x Badger Tuff, 2 x Belstone Armory, Memento backpack. I made two of the pieces reds and use Technician. So I have 4 blues, 3 reds and 2 yellows. Not a true tank build but with 1.5M armor and 20% of armor on kill, with the Memento trophies healing as well I just roar through Heroic missions.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@hi_im_argo drop your Armor cores for Skill and WD cores! The key is the Artificer Hive.

I went full tank, then TP, then more offensive back when our group was trying Legendary. You just need to get the Bulwark to Tier 5.

Claws Out, Memento, Kard Custom & Technician get you to Tier 5, with a Tier 4 Artificer. There isn't much you can't take on with that combo, and the Claws Out offers some of your lack of full WD cores with the 9% Pistol Damage.

This frees you up to hit only a little behind the Rifle folks. Punch Drunk is a no-brainer, then round it out with (2)Providence & Ceska. Obliterate on the chest to boost. I also like to have some aRegen to top things up when I take splash damage.

• hralex1951
    183 posts

I have seen the value of a tank in a group where he went into the mob and drew fire, the rest of us were free to shoot at will. In both these cases the guys did this on each level and it was a virtual tutorial on how to tank for a group. It is very rare, tank builds seem to be rare and not really used to advantage. It is also almost a thankless job, albeit I made a point to thank both for their fine work. To the OP, you may be underestimating the value you brought to the fight and enabled the group to attack more fully as a result.

Suggested Topics