ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheCraftyLemur
    Original poster 2 posts

The game doesn't launch, it shows the small splash screen and then exits.
    I have:

• Updated my drivers
    • Checked my DX version
    • Updated Windows

When I went to validate the game files, it said they failed to validate - literally 5 minutes after installing. This is the 3rd time I've installed this game... It takes at least 7 hours to install, complete waste of time.
    I checked the drive where the game was installed, I could see 36GB of files, the other 24GB is missing. The drive says there's around 60GB allocated (this is the only thing on this drive)
    I restarted my computer to finish updating Windows and when it booted up again the game was gone... disappeared into the aether yet still taking up 60GB on my drive.

What can I do to fix this? And don't give the the old 'just reinstall the game again' line, I tried that a few times, a complete waste of over 20 hours.
    This was my first experience using the Ubisoft Launcher, and will probably be my last.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hey there @thecraftylemur ,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I'm sorry to see the game is crashing for you!

If it's having issues validating the files, this would suggest the game is having trouble with it's installation.

Could you please ensure Ubisoft Connect is running as an admin when you next attempt an installation or verification of the files?

This will ensure it isn't missing any read / write permissions to find / write all of the files it needs.

Please let us know how you get on with this and if you need any more help!

Thank you!

Official Response
  • TheCraftyLemur
    Original poster 2 posts

Hey @ubi-theberry,

I ran some tests using other bits of software and found that my drive wasn't 512GB as advertised, and more like 50GB. I've returned it and will be trying a different drive later.
    Apologies for my tone in the previous message!

Thanks,
    TheCraftyLemur

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Thanks for the update @thecraftylemur !

No worries at all, you know where we are if you need any further help if you run into any more bother after changing drives!

Official Response

Suggested Topics