ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GnarlyAtol1793
    Original poster 383 posts

Recently someone made a post with the titel above, he got some bashes 😊. But honestly, all the time I play this game, I get this why question in my mind as well.

Because I very much enjoy discovering the open world and despite having played this game relatively intensively, at least more than any other game, apart from Division 1, being at SHD 5.300 right now, I still sometimes discover new places.

Some days before I entered the contaminated buildings in East Mall, West End and Constitution Hall, to check whether I can find there any secret. Then I was thinking: woah, great looking, darkish atmosphere, … great.

But: why so much effort has been put into designing and developing these great looking places for a few minutes usage during campaign only and never using these places again in the game.

I get this why question regularly in my mind because the map is full with great looking locations which has been very limited used only, or minor use only or not used at all.

Then I get the why question when I recognize that I cannot enter some areas anymore, eg from some side missions, eg the old bunker at Navy Hill, the great underground area of City Hall and multiple more … [censored], is this an open world game or only a partially open world game …

Then I get the why question when I look at the map and the open world activities … and thinking … [censored] … no one with a healthy mind can come up with such nonsense tasks and additionally repeting these all the time only … this game has been sold in 2019, not in 1999 …

I skip my other why why why thoughts.

This game is definitely a good game, otherwise I wouldnt have played it so many hours, great because of graphics and basic functionality, but the tasks are meh, especially the boss fights are sometimes so meh that I skip the final battle or do not play the missions at all. And why are these missions so extreme linear and why designing such great looking missions for limited and one time use only (the additional use is repetition only). If they would have designed the mission maps as kind of open maps (as the Conflict mini maps), the missions could be done in different ways as in other games and these mini mission maps could have been used for different missions, small side missions and projects. I simply don’t understand.

When they adding new stuff this is mostly of interest for only a part of players and I wonder, why putting so much effort in designing these, for one use only, eg the great looking raid maps, and not integrating the additional content into the open world maps as being done in other games where content is added later.

The game is good, but could be a fantastic game. Why are they so extremely concentrating on these nonsense bullet sponge and technical stuff, like gear, attribute, talent, skill, skill tree, mods … apparel stuff … and extreme repetitative gameplay with not even the slightest effort putting into motivating and realistic tasks and projects.

why why why, also from my side

Happy to receive bashes as well 😊

Best
    Gnarly

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bbqomglol
    2 posts

Good day to you Gnarly!

Let's start off by saying I haven't (and won't) read the past and bashed post... I just typed away after reading yours.

I've had my moneys worth of gameplay back in tenfold. The game is great for what it is and is visually really impressive. There have been many times where it just clicks while playing a mission and the music starts blasting, you completely ruin the enemy patrol or when you run around the corner with the sun rising... I just nod at my screen. Great feelings.

But of course, in my opinion you're right to throw some criticism at certain aspects of the game since that's basically what these why's mean.
    There are very detailed but effectively completely useless locations throughout the whole game, but isn't that the point of these locations? When spelunking you can still find spots you haven't seen or looked well enough at before. Sure, they could have experienced more with all the space available but it's just the world you're given to play around in. My questions lie more with the availability of only a couple of very generic lootable 'assets' (small/big backpacks, file cabinets etc. etc.) to accommodate that in-depth and spelunk heavy feel of the environment. Wait, actually I think I can make a long list of things I dislike, wish to see or things that I think could improve the game in an instant. Voice-acting, NPC's look and act very dumb, the little boundaries when climbing obstacles, sounds popping in-and-out, AI stuck, random AI aimbot from miles away, Dark Zone, builds, loot quality, actual loot variety etc. etc.

The (/My) whole idea behind the story is extremely gritty with this virus destroying mankind, cities getting torn apart, supposedly worldwide bloody/genocidal/facist/idealist groups sticking their heads up, acts against mankind every single day... And still they manage to make it feel like you're in some kind of action-hero-comic-book shooter that barely addresses these dark themes but only lets you see (shoot, gather) the superficial aspects. Though some critique is shared within the community, a lot of it is subjective in the end.

Hate to hear it or not since it's a very dumbing response: it is what it is. I can name a lot of games that would have been better if developers learned from previous 'mistakes', during playtests, post-launch feedback or maybe start asking opinions during development. But I can also imagine that at some point you have to sign off on an idea to start (and eventually stop) development. You can't keep investing time thus money into a game that's over the peak of it's lifespan and you can't keep changing bits and bytes around to suit everyone since you never will.

I can only put some of these why's on my wish list for the next addition this one-of-a-kind unpolished gem of a series.

Greetings!

• Gabriel.Knight
    179 posts

@bbqomglol Very happy for you. I looked you have less than 250 hours of play that I can see.
    I have 4 times that much, and really a lot more because I play mostly hard core and the agents I've lost cannot track time for them.

As I said, very happy for you. I too was happy once-upon-a-time. Now I am not playing D2. Too much angst and disappointment.

Its kinda like the codependant relationship with an alcoholic... keep hoping the wayward-one will come home sober. Instead they smash the car into the garage and and are happy that they didn't get pulled over by the cops.

• jdkzombie
    10 posts

I wish they were more generous in placing named enemies in places, so that exploration, REALLY diving into areas had a reason.

I think my biggest WHY gripe comes from bounties and the egregious overuse of the SAME spot over and over for a bounty. You have this extremely large vast open world with tons of nooks and crannies, but the game engine or whatever is in charge of spawning the assets for the bounty only ever choose the same locations, or same few over and over. Use open spaces, use the tunnels, use rooftops, all these available places and yet its always the same old same old.

Kinda like WHY I wish for manhunt missions they would drastically change up the missions, so it's not so samey feeling. If I am on a rogue manhunt, why are there no rogue agents in the missions that we can get our murder on with to collect intel from on their deaths? Why is there not more interactible objects in the mission to offer lore recordings to give us more in depth story as to what the hell is the reason we are chasing such and such instead of Kelso and ISAC just giving us a little blerp on a splashscreen for the manhunt after milestones are reached? The potential to really build out the lore here is incredible.

Maybe in Division 3, if we ever get one, they will focus on adding in lore more often to really allow us to immerse ourselves in the story world.

• Pssdoff99
    4 posts

@jdkzombie it's the cost. Pure and simple. If a Division 3 is likely to generate enough to cover development costs etc it will happen.
    I think it's unlikely.

• bbqomglol
    2 posts

@thevigilant-one | Ok.

• Aced_100
    169 posts

One thing I miss from Div1 is all the buildings you can go in and get to the top for those high vantage points, they just don't have that in Div 2. Imagine being able to snipe white tusk from a roof top with a Nemesis for example. Wonder why they left that out?

• N3mB0t
    868 posts

@aced_100

there are a few instances in the game where you can do just that , especialy on the NY map , in DC i guess most people forgot about all the hight places you can go after exploring them once to get a collectable.

• Aced_100
    169 posts

@n3mb0t I've searched around and there is not even a fraction of rooftops you can access in Div 2 like there are in Div 1. Even the few that are there have a very limited field of view unlike where you can run around them in Div 1. The devs made some high powered sniper rifles with great scopes but it seems they forgot about the best place to use them in DC.

• N3mB0t
    868 posts

@aced_100

yes , not nearly as much as in div1 but they do exist , not that they serve any purpose related to sniping from the roof.

• III_Hammer_III
    106 posts

Biggest "whys" for me: why hunters don't hunt? Why do we have to go through incoherent, 1990's style puzzles to even see one?

• GnarlyAtol1793
    Original poster 383 posts

@bbqomglol
    Dear bb… 😊, thank you for your feedback. I agree to everything you stated. Division 2 is the first game I ever commented in a forum (made some posts in Reddit as well).

Of course I accepted the game as it is inc all the crashes. The reason why I posted some of my views is that they are still investing into the game to develop it further. I was looking forward for new content but was getting really angry when I read their last announcements. I was hoping that they would offer something I am interested in. Basically I was hoping for a new DLC like WoNY and/or improved use of the existing maps, examples stated in my previous post.

They are still putting resources into that game, develop a new mask, change striker, change skill tree stuff, new game mode, whatever that will be, probably again something a small portion of the player base being interested in. I do not care at all of these things and no one of my friends in that game. So, extreme focus on technical and gadget stuff, but not the slightest effort that goes into the direction of my “dreams“ 😊, of course I do not expect that they ever would be. Their announcements made that clear for me.

They are still investing, but do they invest in the right things the major part of the player base is interested in? Might be, but not from my perspective and not from my friends in TD2. That’s why I couldn’t resist to make that post.

Best
    Gnarly

Suggested Topics