ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Simplethumb
    Original poster 164 posts

I don't know if this is a known thing but you can keep your weapon in hand indefinitely. Walking over some slanted terrain will cause your weapon to go back in its sheathe though

It's pretty simple, just hold your offhand attack button until the animation finishes and keep holding it.

With one handed weapons this works the best as you will do the Hidden Blade attack and only deplete a small amount of stamina. It will work for dual wield and two handed but you will have to wait for the full animation to finish which will empty all of your stamina.

This probably won't be useful to many people but for me I always hated how Eivor (and Alexios) put their weapon/s away so quickly especially when walking around a hostile area (camp/fort etc) (more so this game where the stealth can sometimes be nearly impossible becaause all the enemies are so close together) so you decide to just go on a rampage lol.

Another minor tip is that if you tap left and right quickly when flying around as Synin/Ikaros he/she will do a 'barrol roll'/spin. This was mentioned on Reddit the other day and I was surprised by the amount of people who didn't know about it. I knew about it since Odyssey (haven't played Origins) and I assumed wrongly most people knew of it.

Also you can get your horse to walk along side you by calling it but not mounting, and just keep walking, It'll tag along with you until you stop.

One for Odyssey is that if you stand the Eaglebearer close to a campfire they'll warm their hands near the fire. It works standing or kneeling but it's a little bit tricky. I haven't tried it much with Valhalla as the few times I did try nothing happened.

EDIT: You can also quietly get past the (noise creating) hanging bones by crouching and moving slowly.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    180 posts

@simplethumb They removed that 'warming up' by the campfire animation for Valhalla for some reason, I don't know why. Especially with the whole freezing cold vibe some of the zones have. But Eivor does at least shiver or blow on their hands in the cold.

And when crouching and standing still, they do a nice contemplative kneel, resting on their knee. Can function nicely next to a fire for some immersion as a replacement of sorts.

• Simplethumb
    Original poster 164 posts

@orcbeard92

Yeah it would have fitted so well with this game too. Thanks for letting me know so I didn't waste my time trying lol.

Suggested Topics