ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Oxavo
    804 posts

Hello @SpirantCrayon22 and @azullFR , thanks for confirming.

Please also make sure that your latest saves are uploaded to the cloud so we can reopen the investigation.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

• azullFR
    2428 posts

@ubi-oxavo

after a one month pause I just re-played today with the new 1.5.1 TU :

I noticed this :
    Odin sight seem to see some meter longer than before (or maybe it's just because I didn't openned Valhalla duriing one month)
    at some places you can't see ennemies through rocks or relief ( wolves east of Ravensthorpe, on the hill )
    at some places you can see ennemies through rocks or relief ( bear and wolves in East-Anglia )
    All bandits are unvisible while they are in the bushes ( Odin's sight not so Odin ... or not so sight 😉 )

This happened just near the Forest hideout in East-Anglia :
    seeing Bears and bandits some meters from me in plain sight (no songle obstacle) I used the Odin sight :

1. the 20 meters away plain sight bear was not highlited
    2. the 50 meters away plain sight bandit where highlighted (and still where were highlited highlighted after they walked downside the hidden side of the hill..)

Found a trapped wolf that Odin couldn't highlight in white ... I went with it some 50 to 100 meter away ... came back to the bush ... and found a second trapped wolf that I could highlight in white while my first wolf was still not able to be highlighted (I didn' freed it as this should crash the game after 2 or 5 minutes, tested and verifyed several times some months ago)

My manual cloud save is in the Cloud ( I always make a Manual Cloud save each time I play Valhalla )

• SpirantCrayon22
    1907 posts

@azullfr

weird, this one; I find targets do not glow red but others usually do - though not always and there's no pattern that I can see so I might (if I remember) try to be systematic like your comments

• azullFR
    2428 posts

@spirantcrayon22

it's quite easy for me to be systematic : I have the same routines for months ( except last one 😉 ) :

I'm only doing the exact same Redas' quests twice a day and sometime some XP farming at the same few places on my 2 accounts : so I can easily see which scripts are redundant, which one are, or can be server related.

(example 1 :
    in my 2 accounts I can find a trapped wolf in the exact same bush the exact same "server day" aka "Reda's day", the color of the wolves can be different but they always spawn at the exact sames bushes in the 2 accounts, and I started the 2nd accounts at lot of days after the 1rst one, that's why I think trapped wolves are somehow "server timed event" or "date and time related" events )

(example 2 :
    I've just done the "Tomb robbers" ("Tomb Raiders" ?) daily quest for the 2nd time = nearly same results concerning Odin's signt in this area
    Noticable difference due to the "GPS coordinates of the robber" = 2nd account : he was insinde the "Forest hideout"
    >> @ 40 meters away from the target while Eivor being inside the camp = little cyan target glow with Odin's sight + No single quest marker in the HUD
    >> @ 6 meters away from the target while Eivor being inside the camp = little Red Odin's sight light + marker on the HUD
    ... where was Odin ? .. where was my sight ? 😂

[EDIT] : I've just realized that I never tested if using "mediation time swap" could change the trapped wolves behaviour ... but I wouldn't want to steal Ubi's job 😉

• SpirantCrayon22
    1907 posts

yes, as @azullFR suggests, the wolves just north-east of Ravensthorpe do not appear through rocks when Eagle Vision is used; they do highlight in line-of-sight, though

actually not sure any wolves highlight through objects, seeing it elsewhere now that I've started looking

• azullFR
    2428 posts

@Ubi-Oxavo
    @spirantcrayon22

after some few tests (results may be different in different places, which is not helpull to do Ubi's job = giving us accurate infos) :
    ( targets marked (pinned) with Synin for knowing the distance)
    (Transparency = red light visible through ...)
    Note : when red light is visible through Eivor, it seems that the red light can be seen though everything = "Full Transparency"

Odin's sight radius // "Transparency" // visible distance of Red light =

• Basic Bandits (= not in bushes) plain sight = more or less 84 meters // Transparency = Full // once highlighted can be visible up to : 100 meters

• Squatting Embushing Bandits = No Odin, no sight, just a tiny white glow above one of the bandits ... (I suspect that is working as intended, but has never been clearly told to us, neither it has never been explained in what Odin's Sight can do ... ) // Transparency = not highlighted until they stand up, not tested more *(that's Ubi's job to test and to inform us) // once highlighted can be visible up to : not tested *
    • [EDIT] = Squatting Embushing Bandits (bis) = Varying = have been highlighted (very rare) in my last test while being accompanied by a former trapped wolf

• Wild Boar plain sight = more or less 44 meters // Transparency = None // once highlighted can be visible up to : not tested

• Wolf plain sight = more or less 44 meters // Transparency = None // once highlighted can be visible up to : 66 meters

!!! once highlighted and marked (pinned) with Synin the wolves could be visible red highlighted up to 66 meters, sometimes only 63 meters, then they simply visually vanished from the video card = only the Synin marker was visible, showing and following the wolf's path, but no single wolf visible 67 meters, highlighted or not (I suspect that this specific behaviour can vary from place to place, from the place where Eivor stands to another one, some meters on the left or on the right (aka : Eivors' GPS coordinates in the scenery) and, maybe, from video card to video card)

Note about trapped wolves : I previously said they were a kind of server event (Same bush during same "Reda's day"), in fact I may be wrong, today I had one in a bush in an account but none in this bush in the other account (4 hours delay between the 2 tests, but I also had some "fake Ubi disconnection" that won't help to 100% reproduce this behaviour ...)

[PS4 pro & Valhalla up-to-date // Manual Cloud save done]

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @azullFR & @SpirantCrayon22!

Thank you for sharing some updates within this thread of additional testing you've carried out with hostile NPCs following TU 1.5.1. I'd just like to clarify the findings of @azullFR before we pass these along to the dedicated teams, as you've discovered quite a bit!

If I've misunderstood any of the details you've shared, please don't hesitate to correct me, as this will ensure the dedicated teams get the report you'd like to share 🙂

• When using Odin's Sight in TU 1.5.1, it seems to detect enemies that are further away than before.
    • When using Odin's Sight, you sometimes are unable to view hostile enemies through rocks or relief.
    • When using Odin's Sight, you are unable to detect bandits hidden in the bushes. You are also sometimes unable to detect trapped wolves.
    • The distance in which enemies can be identified using Odin's Sight differs between enemy (for instance, bandits were detected at 50 metres whereas a bear was not detected at 20 metres).
    • The distance in which enemies remain visible after identifying seems to differ between enemy types (for instance, bandits remained visible up to 100 metres, whereas a wolf was only visible up to 44 metres).

I can see you've provided more precise details, which I greatly appreciate! I wanted to provide a brief summary of your reports for clarity, but rest assured your full reports would be forwarded.

It would be helpful to have some additional videos demonstrating these issues as experienced in TU 1.5.1. Would either of you be able to provide us with some updated videos? In particular, it would be helpful to see the following:

• Odin's Sight not detecting enemies that are in the near vicinity (whether they are in plain sight or hidden behind walls). Please show your location on the map, and whether you are in a specifically hostile area (such as a fortress or military camp).
    • Odin's Sight not detecting enemies hidden in the bushes and / or trapped wolves.
    • The difference in Odin's Sight detection between enemy NPCs. Ideally, seeing the difference in detection difference between a human NPC and an animal NPC would be helpful.

@SpirantCrayon22 - It looks like the videos you uploaded previously have expired. Is there any chance you can re-share these so we can ensure that they're included in this report?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1907 posts

@ubi-borealis

I am a bit lost as to why those clips aren't there, I haven't deleted them, the Xbox has done that by itself, it seems. I might well get in touch with them about that. Forza Horizon 2 keeps recording clips but I thought the box asked before deleting anything if storage became an issue. Also it's older clips that are still there, the newer ones aren't. Weird.

From here all I can do is record something new as and when I notice it.

My main observations

targets of contracts from Reda (and, I think, any other mission) do not glow red

wolves do not glow red through rock but do in line of sight

Some Svartalfheim enemies do not show through rock but do in line of sight

• azullFR
    2428 posts

@ubi-borealis

Hello there,
    what you understood is perfectly correct, I will just make a kind of "warning" (sorry it's not the best word but I don't remember the good one... even in French !) about what I said :

When using Odin's Sight in TU 1.5.1, it seems to detect enemies that are further away than before.

in fact, after verification, I'm not 100% sure, I may have been "fooled" by the detection distance that is different between humans and animals

All the other points are corrects (and have been verifyed since my previous post)

I would be glad to share some videos, but this will take way too much hours (may be up to 12 hours ...), so I can't promise I will, but for sure I will try to send some screenshots, separating cases post by post 🙂

• azullFR
    2428 posts

@ubi-borealis

Screenshots only for documenting :
    Animals are invisible (while being red-highlighted) behind :

• Relief
    • Rocks
    • Bushes

• Platform = PS4pro
    • PS4pro model = CUH 7116B
    • PS4pro firmware = 9.51
    • Number of PS4pro = 1
    • Number of internet box = 1 (some tests are done with a different internet line and a different internet box)
    • Connection type : wired
    • Wire lengh = 1 m (can be 10 m depending on the box tested)
    • Wire type = Cat 6E
    • AC Valhalla = TU 1.5.1
    • AC Valhalla install location = internal drive
    • Drive type = SSD
    • SSD Model = SSD Samsung 860 EVO (internal)
    • SSD Capacity = 1To
    • USED SPACE = 595 Go / 861.4 Go = 69.07 %
    • FREE SPACE = 266.04 Go / 861.4 Go = 30.93%

[Screenshots below]
    spoiler
    These are just 9 screenshots for the simpliest thing (technical data are a simple copy/paste from a textfile made on purpose, so it takes 1 second) = I didn't documented the distances of highlight, disapearance, etc. .... nearly 30 minutes...

• azullFR
    2428 posts

Very rare issue :
    First Trapped wolf not white-highlighted // 2nd "replacing" Trapped wolf correctly white-highlighted

!!! WARNING TO EVERYBODY !!! = last times I freed the 2nd wolf = the game fully crashed after : from 30s to 3 minutes ! (tests were done before TU 1.5.0, I won't try again !)

For technical datas and TU : see my previous post
    [Screenshots below]
    spoiler
    that's all for the moment, need to play a little 😉

• azullFR
    2428 posts

Issue :
    Embushed bandits Team not glowing while in bushes

Common ? = yes (I suspect that it is fully intended but as never been told by the dev team)

Reproductible ? = yes, easy, very easy

Place related ? = no, any embush in any bush will do the same

Tech data & TU = see one of my previous post in this thread

Pictures =

[Screenshots below]
    spoiler

• azullFR
    2428 posts

issue :
    wolves detection distance
    may vary depending on the video card ? (I'm not rich enought to test them all) :

my tech data & TU = see in one of my previous post in this thread

reproductible ? = on PS4 pro = easy, very easy

Place related ? = No (some distances may vary a little, but a very little...)

Pictures =
    [Screenshots below]
    spoiler
    [EDIT] : just made a new test at the exact same place with the exact same PS4 pro and with my 2 accounts 😉 = for both accounts : new wolf red highlightable distance = 45 m

• azullFR
    2428 posts

issue :
    wolves 3D datas disappearance
    may vary depending on the video card ? (I'm not rich enought to test them all) :

reproductible ? = on PS4 pro = easy, very easy

Place related ? = No (some distances may vary a little, but a very little...)

Pictures =
    [Screenshots below]
    spoiler

• azullFR
    2428 posts

Issue :
    Reda's target highlight :

intended shorter range and less visible glowing ? = surely

reproductible ? = very, very easy

place related ? = No

Pictures :
    [Screenshots below]
    spoiler

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @SpirantCrayon22 & @azullFR!

I apologise for my delayed response. Thanks for taking the time to share your updates within this thread.

@SpirantCrayon22 - I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered some trouble with your Xbox videos. If you're able to record any newer footage, please don't hesitate to share it with us within this thread. I appreciate you taking the time to share a summary of your main observations as well. I've shared your report with the dedicated teams so they can look into these inconsistencies with Odin's Sight.

@azullFR - Thank you for taking the time to collect such a detailed range of screenshots for us! These are very helpful, and I've forwarded all of them to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at these too. I've popped your screenshots under a spoiler warning/read more, just to make reading this thread a little easier! I hope you don't mind me doing this 😅

If we require any additional information from either of you regarding your experiences with Odin's Sight in-game, we'll reach out to you within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2428 posts

@ubi-borealis

no problem with the spoiler warnings : these are very usefull 👍

I didn't thought about this tip, I will use it in my next post with multiple screenshots, many thanks to you !
    Have a great an nice day 🙂

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello @azullfr,

Thank you for the update! I'll pass your feedback to @Ubi-Borealis 🙂

If you have any additional questions, please let us know - we'll be more than happy to assist!

Official Response

Suggested Topics