ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NaTrUxL
    Original poster 2 posts

Hi there,
    so I have discovered a bug that kind of completely breaks my game, since my influence policy does not work anymore: In the Department of Culture, the "10 Influence per Zoo-Module" policy does completely lock the influence gained through these modules.
    When unequipped, the modules consume Influence perfectly normal, but it is impossible to gain more influence. Buying/building ships, settling on islands or every other activity that consumes or brings influence works normally (as far as I know). Furthermore, when deleting some modules with the policy equipped, the influence also stays the same. The issue is portrayed in this clip as well:

As it is showed in the clip, replacing the building does not work and it does not matter whether the building is the Palace or on another island.
    Here is what I have tried so far:
    1.All the steps shown in the video, didn't work.
    2.Trying another savegame, same problem there, with the latest 2 DLCs missing here, didn't work
    3.reinstalling and verifiying the game(-files), didn't work

I am in possession of Season pass one, two and three, which means that I am using all DLCs except the cosmetic ones.

System specs:
    Ryzen 7 5800x
    Radeon 6900xt
    32GB Ram
    Game installed on SSD

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• banan1996.1996
    40 posts
    Best Answer

I don't see anything being bugged here. Let me explain:

Zoos and museums have a limit of 10 modules each, which can be built free from influence cost. Every next module costs 10 influence.
    The palace has policies which give you +10 influence points from either zoo modules or museum modules. When you have less than 10 modules built, building a new one while an appropriate policy is active would give you +10 influence. However when you already have 10 or more modules, building a new one won't do anything to your influence if the palace policy is active. That's because you spend 10 influence on the module, and the palace policy adds 10 influence per module, so in the end your available influence shouldn't change. While appropriate policy is active and you have over 10 modules already built, building or destroying a module won't change how many influence points you have.

If you change the policy you no longer gain 10 influence per module. Then you lose all influence gained from 10 free modules, and all additional modules start costing you 10 influence each, as they normally would. Hence your influence decreases when you get rid of the policy which used to give you influence from culture modules.

I hope it is clear now. However, if you think something is happening differently than how I just described it, please let us know.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1630 posts

@natruxl Hello there.

Sorry to hear you've encountered an issue with the influence mechanic, and the "10 Influence per Zoo-Module" policy.

Thanks for the provided video to illustrate your point, and your system specs, it's much appreciated.

We've reached out to the team to bring this to their attention, and we'll be in touch again once we hear back.

Please let us know if there's anything further we can do for you in the meantime.

Official Response
  • banan1996.1996
    40 posts
    Best Answer

I don't see anything being bugged here. Let me explain:

Zoos and museums have a limit of 10 modules each, which can be built free from influence cost. Every next module costs 10 influence.
    The palace has policies which give you +10 influence points from either zoo modules or museum modules. When you have less than 10 modules built, building a new one while an appropriate policy is active would give you +10 influence. However when you already have 10 or more modules, building a new one won't do anything to your influence if the palace policy is active. That's because you spend 10 influence on the module, and the palace policy adds 10 influence per module, so in the end your available influence shouldn't change. While appropriate policy is active and you have over 10 modules already built, building or destroying a module won't change how many influence points you have.

If you change the policy you no longer gain 10 influence per module. Then you lose all influence gained from 10 free modules, and all additional modules start costing you 10 influence each, as they normally would. Hence your influence decreases when you get rid of the policy which used to give you influence from culture modules.

I hope it is clear now. However, if you think something is happening differently than how I just described it, please let us know.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2860 posts

Thanks for sharing this @banan1996-1996 !

@NaTrUxL - just checking in to see how you're getting on?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1630 posts

Hello there @NaTrUxL

Just to confirm, as kindly mentioned by @banan1996-1996 this is indeed working as intended.

The modules cost 10 influence per module, and you get 10 influence per module due to the policy. This buff works as a way for you to have "free modules".

Hope that this thread has helped to clear things up a little! Please be sure to let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Official Response
  • NaTrUxL
    Original poster 2 posts

Hey @banan1996-1996 @Ubi-Nacho , thanks for clearing this up!

I somehow remembered the policy to always give me +10 influence, independet from before or after the first 10 modules and since the influence goes down by 10 and immediately snaps back (as seen in the video) I thought that this has to be a bug.

Maybe in earlier versions of the game this was different or was unintenionally giving me too much influence, which could be why I remember it that way. Anyways, your explanation makes perfectly sense, thanks again for clearing this up!

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 924 posts

Hey @natruxl,

Thank you for taking your time out to update us,

It is great to see the answers shared and helped, if ever we can help in the future then just let us know as we are more than happy to help.

Official Response

Suggested Topics