ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 1786 posts

TU 1.5.0.1 just rolled out... and I cannot download it. It's ridiculous because how small it is.
    According to https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/t4d5hq/assassins_creed_valhalla_title_update_1501/ it should be ~2.62 GB.
    Well, my PS4 thinks different:

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    Best Answer

After contacting Playstation Support I was told I need free space twice the size of the game. So basically yeah, I'm doomed to uninstall and reinstall other games I want to play, just to be up to date with Valhalla.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4293 posts

Hi @bielik01 the latest update should only be 2.62 GB on PS4. I can see that you have 55.27GB free space, however PS4 will always require additional storage when installing games and updates.

In this case you would need to free up an additional 34.77 GB to install the update.

If you have any further queries about this then please contact PlayStation support. On the support page select Games then Installing, downloading and updating games.

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-keo I can read, thanks. But maybe it should be fixed?
    2GB update shouldn't take space of the whole game to occupy my storage only for installation of said update.
    I thought updates are incremental - we're not dealing with data restructuring as it was with TU 1.4.1?

• bielik01
    Best Answer

After contacting Playstation Support I was told I need free space twice the size of the game. So basically yeah, I'm doomed to uninstall and reinstall other games I want to play, just to be up to date with Valhalla.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4293 posts

@bielik01 thanks for the update.

I was aware that more storage is required for updates, I was just unsure how much extra storage was needed.

I have played on PS4 myself for years and encountered the same issue with various games. In my case I decided to purchase an external hard drive for the extra storage to save me uninstalling my other games that I was still playing.

Official Response

Suggested Topics