ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• toreadorvampire
    Original poster 57 posts

As always with forums, people often don't post unless they have a complaint. So how about a thread of things we genuinely like about Breakpoint, especially (but not necessarily only) things that weren't in Wildlands.

For me, it's the Exploration Mode for objectives. Receiving an objective location as a few points of rough intel instead of as a HUD objective marker. I especially liked a few missions where we actually have to gather that intel piece by piece and you can visit the objective location as soon as you've figured enough out to find it (the hunt for Flycatcher comes to mind). That means you might not need to go collect every last clue, you go to the objective when you as a player figure it out.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

@toreadorvampire It's nice to have a topic about the good stuff. Even Phantoms had a fanbase, I believe. But onto the topic at hand. Let's see, first thing I enjoy is the class system. Some I like more than others, but so far, Assault class is my favorite. You can withstand more damage, especially with true grit activated. Once it's activated, you also have good recoil control, good for automatics. I also love using the gas grenades. I do dabble with them, and I like what Echelon has to offer: the pistol technique is good for keeping stealth, and the sonar pulse is an excellent tool for recon.

I also enjoy how Motherland is played, like before you take on the main objective, it's best to take out smaller side objectives first to soften up your target, another good way to make the series a tactical series. Also, Motherland brought back optical camo, but made it so much better for stealth. It's good to see that return because the prototype tech helps with tactics and is part of the series' identity.

Now, even though some here may not like the main story, or how it's handled. Even I think there's some parts the main campaign can do without, like some of the side missions. However, I do like what it's supposed to be about. Like a soldier's place in the world, or something. After a past mission was mishandled from higher-up, this broke Walker, like he tried to do his job, and people like him are thrown to slaughter, so later on he uses drones as a means to keep peace all over the world by keeping everyone at gunpoint. Everyone. That's not what Nomad believes in. He believes that soldiers are meant to be protectors, not tyrants. I wish there was more focus on that story. Drones are just a means to an end. You know what I mean?

Also, teammates. It took a while to get them for some reason, but we got them. At first, when we got them, they were pretty much like Wildlands' teammates. Then the Rainbow Six teammates came out and were a bit better because of abilities. Now, combined, they are much better because they all have abilities and grenades which help with combat. It would really help to switch between frags and flashbangs, and switching individual teammates to make a preferred fire team setup, but it has gotten better.

Also it's nice to see that the devs haven't given up on this game. I really wanted this to improve and it has. I could only enjoy it for a brief moment until I lose connection with their servers which lasted quite a while, to say the least. But after the Ghost experience update, getting into this game is much easier, and I could enjoy it alot more. Plus, they came up with some good stuff every now and then. Anyway that's all I'm gonna put in. It's nice to have a positive topic like this show up. Later.

• NewFool7
    51 posts

@jmagnum50 there's too much I disagree with here.

Big time no on the cool down superpowers for classes. What a god awful, childish addition to a grounded franchise.

The motherland update just kept map progression and segmentation closer to how Wildlands worked.

I don't want to nitpick everything you like, so I'll skip to the end and say that Ubisoft gave up on this game a long time ago. You're far too generous, and that's why Ubi likes you.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1384 posts

To each his/her own but personally speaking many of the things you guys like about BP shouldn't even be in a Ghost Recon game. Now, being said that, I can't fault you for liking them as they were introduced by the studio trying to widen their net (while watering the game down) and not because you asked for them perse .

The premise is faulty and the whole plot is lost almost immediately, I hate exploring so what can I say about that is good, it wouldn't bother me if it was in any other game (Far Cry for instance) but on a modern day military shooter? I question if a grunt on deployment goes exploring while in a warzone let alone a special forces dude. And no, that is not part of doing recon either.

Classes? again, on a modern military shooter? if you tell me that a dude is specializing in Support, another in Sniping and the next in CQB, ok, I'll bite but then again, you gotta give me 3 other guys that can do more than sync shot through the existing gaming world and make it more believable, otherwise, just don't bother with it and come up with something else more immersive. What you asked? I don't know, I don't get paid the amounts of money they do nor I take Millions to the Bank so I will leave that up to them, they are supposed to be the AAA studio.

I am sure that people are enjoying Gear Score but I am also sure that if they are true to what Ghost Recon was, they will say that this could have been awesome in some other game,

I did spend some hours shooting and well, that is always a good thing even if the annoying parts were more due to the simple fact that I thought I was going to be playing a Ghost Recon game but the enjoyment came from wrapping my head around the fact that it was not going to be and I made myself believe that I was back at playing Far Cry 1 but revised.

Suggested Topics