ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 488 posts

Three for three: I do a manhunt mission, Heroic, all Directives enabled, solo. Slog all the way to the end, and in the final boss showdown...CRASH.

Restart the game and all progress lost.

Seriously, what a POS and what a fantastically incompetent team.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    612 posts

Not sure if you are on p.c or console but for me (console) i have pretty much zero crashes, can't even remember when i last had one.

If it was happening to lots of players on console or p.c i'm pretty sure the forums/reddit/YT would be swamped with posts/videos about it but i ain't really seen any.

So with that in mind maybe it's a hardware problem for those it's happening to?

• WrecK3rr
    302 posts

@oatiecrumble It's a long term PC specific issue. Consoles aren't effected by it.

• WrecK3rr
    302 posts

@sock_monkey CTDs have definitely increased with this Season.

• Sock_Monkey

@oatiecrumble It's PC, and there are LOTS of posts about non-stop crashing on PC. Some on consoles as well, but not as many.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@sock_monkey

There is no team, just a few people working from the side of the desk, if and when have time...

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@wreck3rr

They increased with every season.

• Sock_Monkey

@adrian-11

There is no team, just a few people working from the side of the desk, if and when have time...

LOL - the sad part is that I think you are right!

• V4MPiR1
    231 posts

The crash frequency is at its highest now. Lucky for you, Sock, you predominantly run solo. My guys have been noticing increased occurrence rates while grouped; pointing back to Ubi servers.

• Oatiecrumble
    612 posts

Oh well it must be a p.c thing as i only see a handfull of people mentioning it, unless it's because only a handfull of players are still playing 😂

On a different note, if they don't bring out some new content or even some news on new content soon they may even lose that small handfull of players 😧

• Sock_Monkey

@v4mpir1 You're right. Weekend before last I grouped a few times for DZ runs (just can't beat a 4-man team doing DZ landmarks for crazy-fast leveling up) and on average every 3-6 minutes one of the team members would go into that super-slow motion (you are probably familiar with) indicating they've crashed.

BTW, since the last rollback I've noticed a LOT of new bugs that I hadn't seen before. Most are animation bugs, thus not game breaking, but it looks so ridiculously incompetent and bodes poorly for Red Storm's professionalism. I was doing a manhunt bounty in NYC that was Outcasts, standing in a raised, open structure that had one side marked as an entry point you could climb into from street level (had the yellow sheet draped over the side). I watched as one of the Outcast suicide bomber "runners" ran across the street toward that entry point, then backed to the other side of the room to prepare to shoot him from a safe distance.

Well, instead of cresting the wall he popped up through the floor, then before he stood up and while still in the "climbing" animation he floated back so that he was on top of the crest of the wall, then completed his climb, stood up and started to run towards me.

I actually couldn't believe my eyes. This is like the kind of animation bug you see on alpha previews of software - not a mature product that has been out almost three years. And THAT is why I think the crashes and other crap will never go away. The game will die with those bugs still in place.

• N3mB0t
    923 posts

fear not !!! the floating screwdriver bug is now reported and is being investigated with the utmost urgency it deserves , all the games problems are minor compared to this so the whole team is working hard on this , some dont even go home for weeks now and are on top of it until it is fixed.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/136736/floating-screwdriver-bug/9?lang=en-US

• Aced_100
    179 posts

@wreck3rr Thank goodness, I would be spitting chips if it happened on PS4, I had Div 1 freeze a couple of times when I first started playing it, but no crashes at all on Div 2.

• WrecK3rr
    302 posts

@aced_100 Sadly, this has become the norm for us PC players since launch.

• XxMoleRattxX
    3 posts

Yep the game crashes so much..

And you can tell they don't give a flying F about the game by the season menu.. They just took one of the events out leaving a massive hole in the menu, When you open the menu it defaults to that everytime.. (I know its a small nit pick) But still.

Servers are laggy as hell most of the time. Also when you ask for help from Ubisoft support all you get is.. (Oh am "SORRY") your having problem I will forward the bug to the development team <----- lol team.

Cheaters in the DZ are so bad now its a total yawn fest.. Same clan cheating and still havn't been banned.

I really dunno how massive is going to revive this game as they left it to long..

• RamBRO-
    3 posts

@sock_monkey Yup, and I did something about it! Im on PC, did some research on the crashing b.s. and found some fixes, they definitely helped ALOT. I was using DX11, now I use DX12 and I have less crashes. I read about the engine of Div 2 and DX12 handles it better than DX11. I use a Gsync 240hz 1440p monitor with an Nvidia Asus TUF 3080, I have Gsync and Vsync enabled with Low Latency mode on Ultra. Never believed in Vsync, ALWAYS had that off in games. But I read that to get the most out of your performance especially in Div 2, both Gsync and Vsync work well together. I also fixed Easy Anti Cheat so that it only uses Core 1, the affinity settings, did it permanently thru a program called Process Lasso, its free. I also use Nvidia Image Scaling, I am on the resolution right below the max resolution for my monitor. The scaling only takes effect when you are running a resolution less than your native resolution, works wonders and I don't lose any image quality, but the game runs smoother as I also get 15 more FPS this way. All my drivers are updated, GPU, MOBO, AUDIO, peripherals, everything. I don't overclock, don't mess with anything other than what is available as a click option/setting. I don't know if these things will help everyone because every setup is different, but it drastically cut my errors from maybe 3-4-5 times within a 3 hour period, to maybe 3 times per week. And I don't even crash anymore, my game will just POOF and I am sitting at the desktop, no lock, no reboot, no ctrl-alt-delete....just go back to UbiCon and start game again. So to me, that is waaaay better. Good luck in trying any of these things, it sucks to have to do some much just to play a dam game in 2022, but I like the game and wanted to enjoy it. If I think of anything else I did, ill edit. Good Luck all 🙂

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1672 posts

Hello there everyone, thank you all for posting to let us know you've been affected by these crashes in The Division 2.

We understand that some players have already tried a number of troubleshooting steps. We'd recommend ensuring that the steps listed here have been followed, as these steps should solve common issues, and help keep these crashes to a minimum.

Our team is aware of this issue, however, and they are actively investigating. Should we require any additional details from players, to aid with the investigation, we'll be sure to reach back out here. Once we have more news to share, we'll post in our News and Announcements section.

Thank you for your patience.

Official Response
  • Sock_Monkey

@ubi-nacho I really do wish the standard "update your drivers" and similar replies would not be relied on so heavily as a "response." Besides the fact that most drivers update automatically these days (Windows + graphics cards), most PC gamers tend to not fall into the PC-as-an-appliance category as a user who just browses the web and occasionally plays Solitaire...and it goes without saying that user won't be here.

Put another way, we've all already done the basics - and usually as soon as it became apparent this was an issue, and not a one-off quirk. Most of us have gone far beyond what's listed, and it still isn't helping.

Summary: the game has an inherent issue, and driver updates won't help that, and suggesting they might only comes across as a distraction.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2565 posts

Hey @sock_monkey

We're aware the troubleshooting links provided won't help everyone and we have said the dev team are investigating an issue, but the troubleshooting may still help someone else who is having crashes related to something else.

Official Response
  • Lexibrat_
    32 posts

@ubi-froggard - You need to understand this from our point of view. Giving us the standard answer "the devs are investigating the issue" no longer suffices. It's the same line that is heard every time there is an issue with the game. People expect results and frankly the devs have given us none. Its hard to believe that line when nothing gets fixed in the game. You have had well over a year to fix the crash issue that has been happening. You cannot tell me that over a year they are still looking into it. Nothing against you but that line is old and worn out and until they actually do something no one believes it anymore.

Suggested Topics