ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 487 posts

@ubi-froggard Three crashes in under 10 minutes (yesterday). And this has been ongoing about a year now.

Can you honestly tell us with a straight face (and no giggling under your breath) that someone, anyone, is actually "investigating" this?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2516 posts

Hey @lexibrat_ and @Sock_Monkey

We do understand exactly your point that it's something we have repeated a lot, but there's not really a lot of information that the devs can say either, they can either say they are looking into it, they've fixed it and the patch will release on X date, or it won't be fixed, and as long as the game is still being worked on and receiving updates, they will be looking into reports of crashes, files we send them, along with all of the other things they have to do, and will announce any dates for fixes in patch notes when they get announced.

The most recent influx of crashing issues has come since title update 14 as there is a large thread here on this. As you both mention you have been experiencing crashes for over a year, it's likely related to something else, but it's hard to determine what the issue is for every player who has a crashing issue, especially if it's on PC rather than all platforms, so when we come across another crashing thread, we need to go through the basic troubleshooting we can with players to see if any of that helps them, and advise it also helps to have players contact us directly with their system files (if on PC) to help look into those to see if we can see any possible causes too.

Official Response
  • WrecK3rr
    298 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • V4MPiR1
    224 posts

@sock_monkey

Can you honestly tell us with a straight face (and no giggling under your breath) that someone, anyone, is actually "investigating" this?

They can, because the reply doesn't presuppose competence. In fact, even if you rephrased that to 'competently investigating', you would still have to contend with the respondents' policy-relative definition of competence.

Ultimately, it's gaslighting, making discussions moot.

There are only two questions you need to answer:

1. What is your assessment, given your life experiences?
    2. What are you prepared to do about it?

It's clear that Massive Entertainment (inc. proxies) lacks the technical connectivity skills required to operate on the world stage, AAA or otherwise. Both Ubisoft Connect and Division 2 are aberrations in this regard. Keeping them on board in said capacity is Ubisoft's prerogative. What consumers can do on their end, is theirs.

• WrecK3rr
    298 posts

Haha! Oh Boy! They deleted my post. Now that is some incredible "Support"

• racdavies
    7 posts

Im getting so many DELTA errors at the moment not to mention games crashes, i was beginning to think it was something to do with windows antimalware service...when i was getting a game crash antimalware memory usage was spiking to almost 2gig of of my 32gig but the game is crashing now without the memory spike, is anyone else using Msi mystic lighting and/or Corsairs lighting together and also getting issues.

• V4MPiR1
    224 posts

@racdavies Did you have the Polarity Global Event active during that time?

• Sock_Monkey

I just had a new experience for this: it froze up on a fast-travel loading screen.

It didn't dump to the desktop, it just sat there on "Loading..." indefinitely, so I had to kill the game in Task Manager.

I think the crashes are indeed getting worse.

• Acceleratum
    2 posts

@sock_monkey Just got a new computer so I maxed everything and playing in dx12 it crashes way less... sometimes I play several days without a crash, I think it happens mostly when you disconnect, since my net is now far more stable.. so either try dx12 or 11, or make sure your connection is stable.

• Sock_Monkey

@acceleratum I've been at DX12 since its release (7 years ago?), and I'm not about to step it back to an ancient DX11 as that would bunk up too many other things.

• Terminusaquo
    1 posts

Thought I would add my experience to this thread. The crashes happen at random for me, sometime I can play for hours with no crashes at all and other times I'll be playing for 30 mins to an hour before I get a windowed black screen and the game freezes.

• Colidace
    2 posts

Switch from DirecX12 to DirectX 11 and choose STOCK High grapahic settings. and all be much much better..

Previously in The Division 2 history only DX12 make a lot of crashes or skill bugs, but now also Ultra settings make many troubles.(Crashes, skill dissapear etc.) Propably higher than stock HIGH options like extra streaming distance and level of detail are the reason for this. If you like keep Ultra setting except these two options but best result are on stock HIGH.
    Worst results on DX12 and max settings (nvidia experience max - over stock Ultra = all maxed out).

Conclusion safe settings:: DX11 + Graphics profile: High

• V4MPiR1
    224 posts

@colidace

Conclusion safe settings:: DX11 + Graphics profile: High

aka Retrograde Mode 😉

As operating systems advance, logic dictates that overall stability is greater by respectively retiring obsoleted drivers in favor of updated ones. While you have had success with that config on your system, I would think that the vast majority of systems would fall into Sock's category per his above post, "... that would bunk up too many other things." I would also wager that individuals -- including yourself -- would rather not downgrade their config after purchasing a new rig simply because some others f'd up. I myself, am not an enabler of that. I do, however, appreciate the practicality of your advice, to whatever extent it's applicable.

Another factor that many don't consider is that one can't directly infer causality WRT D2 (online) stability from client-side experiments simply because they aren't controlled. To do so by manipulating independent variables and measuring the effects on the dependent variable (stability) is to presuppose that all other variables are held constant. They aren't, necessarily. There is an entire server-side of variables integral to the equation to which the client-side has no awareness of and/or no control over. However, one can indirectly infer causality by doing nothing with the exception of ensuring the operational capability of both their system and connection, and measuring stability over time. Significant variations of which indicate a server-side cause, which most have accepted as the predominating culprit.

This explains marginal and/or temporal successes client-side; lesser contributors acting as triggers to a more significant culprit. Hence, my previous suspicion posed to Racdavies.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

I may be speaking too soon, but I sporadically played for a few hours over the weekend without a single crash. I hadn't played in weeks, and the last time I tried playing [well, it had been happening a lot, for a long while], I would hang after about 10 minutes..

Now if they could just "fix" the clowns that backdoor you while you're engaged with the Landmark boss.. at least they mostly kept to themselves in a little PvP corridor [they seemed to concentrate around an extraction location most of the weekend]

• Sock_Monkey

@latenitedelight I think it's just the luck of the draw. I crashed four times in under 10 minutes before giving up yesterday.

Suggested Topics