ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• toreadorvampire
    Original poster 56 posts

While I wait for Ubisoft to fix their game servers, I guess I'll have to hang out here for a bit. I've had a couple of amusing (well, kind-of) bugs recently.

Whilst fighting a Behemoth, I was climbing a ridge with a stream and somehow managed to get my operator into an invalid state. I was trapped in a "sliding down an escarpment" animation and my movement went haywire. If anything it actually buffed me because I was gliding over all terrain with no resistance, as if I had a hoverboard. The only downside was that if I stayed in one place too long, I was forcibly moved. That's consistent with the way some physics engines kick you out of place if they detect you resting in an invalid position. I actually managed to complete the Behemoth battle and get the rewards like that before I quit & restarted the game.

Also, last night I managed to accidentally clip out of bounds near Shark Base and I got stuck under a rock near the water and couldn't escape. I had to fast travel away to get back into the game world. Thankfully, because i wasn't KIA, enemies I'd already killed (sniped them from the cliff nearby) remained dead and I didn't need to repeat any of that mission. Here's a screenshot taken whilst I was trapped under the rock. Notice the out-of-place polys from the rock I'm stuck beneath.

Neither bugs are repeatable (not that I've specifically tried) so this isn't a "support" post by any means. Just a silly anecdote.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1246 posts

On the other side of the token and as a silver lining... noice moon shot! 🤠

• Steven527
    381 posts

@toreadorvampire I get stuck under the mesh quite frequently. Certain places are more prone than others. exiting water seems to be a particularly good way. also exiting a helo

I am still enjoying the superior lighting model

Here I am near skell tech head office where the train goes under. That lighting is from the tunnel beneath.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1246 posts

Authenticity at is best then.

Sometimes I wonder why I dislike them so much if all they do, aside from taking pride in their work, is work as hard as the next guy... where the next guy is a dude on vacation chilling on a Hammock drinking Margaritas and Piña Coladas.

I caught one of the hard working guys
    undefined

• Infl1encer
    39 posts

Yea, rotating Camera when u jump with Truck from a Mountain, spawning into the Floor when leaving Cars or have some Grass in your Car.

• Steven527
    381 posts

not a bug, but the dialogue choices are great

Fury "One shot, one kill!
    This immediately after I empty a full mag into some guy.

Fixit: I think they lost us, things are quieting down
    Wolf Rifleman: Lost target, find them! Maneuvering!

Fury: All clear
    Me - what about that guy right f'n there?

me tossing grenade tasking out 5 guys in the middle of a compound
    Fixit: Watch it boss, I think they know we are here

• AvengerGR35
    67 posts

@steven527 The worst one:

Teammate: Decides to throw grenade while you are in stealth

Also teammate: I think they know we're here

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1246 posts

I got one and this one is as recent as a few minutes ago.

But wait!!!! ... There's more

Soooo, sometimes that would have taken 1 minute or less to post, took about 10 minutes plus. Awesome.

• Steven527
    381 posts

there are no bugs in this game. Ubi soft is a AAA studio with a passion for delivering an immersive rewarding experience

• Steven527
    381 posts

not buggy at all. it is a known fact that if you don't dismount from a helo properly you'll be injected into the earth. If you then lie prone you will descend into the earth's core. This is how most fossils were actually created.

• MikeWeeks
    316 posts

All is well; well not exactly, when you happen to attempt to cross over that "special" rock:

and of course attempt to move off the "special" rock:

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1246 posts

All they need now to listen to the community and fix the issues are for you guys to word it eloquently and have videos of it. Once they receive that, boy oh boy are you guys going to be surprised.

• Steven527
    381 posts

@mikeweeks those special rocks seem to be in a lot of places. maybe not so "special" after all.

• toreadorvampire
    Original poster 56 posts

I just started playing through Act 2 and ... is this a nod to an upcoming Dune-inspired DLC?! (if so, I heartily approve!). I think actually it's a texture mistake. I also noticed my own operator's eyes were Fremen-style blue-in-blue during that scene but didn't screengrab in time.

(minor Act 2 spoiler below - shows the focal character of the missions)

spoiler

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1246 posts
    All is well; well not exactly, when you happen to attempt to cross over that "special" rock:

and of course attempt to move off the "special" rock:

WTH ????

Mike is this supposed to be a Future Day Warfare Military Ostrich? 😊

• MikeWeeks
    316 posts

@steven527 - I suppose it all depends on what we (or Ubisoft) mean by "special" ...

• Steven527
    381 posts

This is one that has occurred to me several times recently that I don't recall ever happening before. Once you are up on two wheels the freakin thing just won't come down and won't stop.

• Steven527
    381 posts

help! help! I am waist deep and will probably drown! I ended up having to fast travel to get out. Notice the second shot. His feet were just flailing in the water not touching bottom. great job Ubi

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1246 posts

Pride in what they do... this game is all that and a bag of chips.

But hey, worry not, this is nothing that a few tweaks here and there couldn't fix... just like in Wildlands.

• Steven527
    381 posts

hey you don't even need water! woot! time to fast travel again. good thing I am not in combat as I'd have to hope someone kills me and isn't just hunkered down hiding.

Suggested Topics