ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Solved CreateDXGIFactory2 Could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll (Windows 7 no longer supported)

5 Likes/175 Replies/10238 Views
    Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@ubi-gizmo Did you read what I wrote...??? Do you understand...why players looking by themself for a workaround? No? Because of Ubisoft Connect's outstanding last update more than a week ago in combination with...again...server issues which impacts Error Messages and not working overlay for the most newer games for Win7 users (and before it was working!)? I'm sorry, but for me it looks Ubisoft Support is anyway unable or unwilling to assist or better to fix their own issues...and not only since the last update...and of course you will never downgrading to the previous better working solution! Btw...to remember an update last year (or was it the year before?) which freezes The Division 2 when the Connect Overlay for inGame use is enabled (which was working before this!)...Nothing happens from your side, it doesn't matter if your outstanding new forum is full of complains about that until now...nothing!
    Regarding to this topic it is indeed very helpful to scare players with your comment!

Current state:
    Division1/Division2/Steep/TheCrew/TheCrew2 Overlay not working ingame...
    Error messages still for 2games see below.

• malistaticy
    4 posts

@mr-t-magnum sorry, i didn't specify what game i meant, the reshade workaround works for 'for honor' and perhaps other games

• Mining_Moon
    2 posts

@gheu007 same issue for me aswell... Really tired of playing alone at this point.
    Also on windows 7

• malistaticy
    4 posts

@ubi-gizmo i do not presume that ubisoft would ever condone the use of third party software to fix their games, but i would also have hoped that the games work without said software to begin with
    i trust that it's being worked on, but i felt the need to let my fellow players know that the games they paid for are still playable one way or another in the interim

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@malistaticy You do not have to apologize...but thanks for your information. I'm aware that the most games work with rehade because I've used it sometimes before for graphics improvements (mostly picture sharpening).

• hauer74.PL
    1 posts

I have the same problem -win7 64bit

• xGwynbIeidd
    3 posts

I hoped this would be fixed before the new season of Rainbow Siege dropped, but no such luck.

Does the workaround being mentioned here work with Siege, and can anyone send me a link please?
    Sucks not being able to play when everyone is having fun with the new season, so I'd like to give that workaround a shot as well.

• Domojaxx
    4 posts

Ubisoft are washing their hands with the older operating system, lazy and unwilling to fix it, suggesting basic and unrelated things, instead of fixing their launcher, which covers so many of their games...
    Check out their answer:

Outrageous! They advertise Co-OP and online Co-op, but you cannot play the game with friends now, because of their launcher. Every game, launcher, update is written and works with Windows 7 and was advertised with Windows 7 and written on older engines compatible with Windows 7 like the Crew 2, Rainbow Six Siege and so on. I won't tell you how many mistakes they did in the last 2 weeks when writing support messages, and in the past. What is relevant is that they DID make mistakes and they made mistakes with their launcher and do now want to fix it.

I say we boycott and whoever got the game on Steam to write a negative review writing about the current state of their broken launcher and unavailable co-op and other connectivity issues. For some players the games do not even start after the dll errors!

I cannot believe this whole situation! Other companies would have released a hot-fix or a new launcher update by now fixing the error...

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@domojaxx About which game do you get that "great" answer for? It's simple...if Win 7 is in the system requirements defined (the game is not working as it should and was also working before their Launcher Update) than EVERYBODY should be able to give back the game(s) for the price they paid for...if Ubisoft doesn't care about, take a lawyer and don't buy anything on this site as long as this company is not fixing their issues! Normally I don't get politically here but for now we are still live in democracy and not in a dictatorship of a software dealer!

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@xgwynbieidd Google helps... But probably Reshade will not work because of BattlEye Service...And if it works it has nothing to do with multiplayer is fixed (only the error Messages will be gone maybe).

• EddyB3ar
    3 posts

Im on Win7 64Bit and have this problem as well, I only play Rainbow on Ubi but still i'm a customer and this disables the overlay for the game, without that I can't buy any currency packs as I would have done for the new season. Just cheating themselves out of money now.

• EdgxLord
    26 posts

Same for me. Windows 7, Ubisoft Connect overlay stopped working March 1.

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

The next "Update"...and oh wonder...error messages still there!

• Dratkcuf
    10 posts

@ubi-viral apparently this is not being looked into as of today there was a new update for ubisoft connect that did not fix the problem so now we are 2 updates since this issue showed up with no resolution.

• igoralex123
    9 posts

I would like to notify ubisoft devs that i found out which file causes the error
    Heres a link to my post
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/144126/dll-launch-error-uplay-overlay-error?lang=en-US

IMPORTANT I will not be following what happens on this thread so i wont be able to reply on this thread

Thanks for your support

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

Hello "Support"...hello Ubisoft...thank you for nothing until now! Thank you for no information, thank you for not testing/checking/verifying and not being aware of the issues mentioned in this thread! THANK YOU! And a special thank you for the german "Support" because of opening and closing a ticked for the issues mentioned in this and a german thread with giving useless information!

For all the players they are annoyed by the error messages...here is a fix which I found out by checking another thread. Rename 2files in "Ubisoft Game Launcher" folder: overlay.dll to overlay64.dll /overlay64.dll to overlay.dll
    Error messages are gone for me.
    For this superior "Support": Overlay in game is still not working on some games!!!

• EddyB3ar
    3 posts

@mr-t-magnum cheers for the help on getting rid of the error message, but it's the overlay thats the problem for me, I basically only play Rainbow Six Siege on Ubi and without that overlay there is so much I cannot do. If you do see any other fixes can you please let me know, cheers in advance.

• malistaticy
    4 posts

@eddyb3ar i have verified that installing reshade also fixes siege

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@eddyb3ar Found out...the problem has something to do with the 2dll's. I've overwrite the 2 original overlay/overlay64 dll's from the latest Connect version with the 2dll's from 129.0.0.10647 (the latest that I found for download...) and voila...Overlay is back in The Crew 2/Steep/The Division 2 (these games I've tested) but probably a bit buggy for the handling.

Hello Support...are you there???

• DoroTheMadd
    2 posts

@mr-t-magnum How do I download version 129.0.0.10647 so I can replace overlay/overlay64dll's in my folder? Thank you very much.

Suggested Topics