ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• gheu007
    Original poster 6 posts

Hello,

Since the last UC update, on Win 7 64 bit I get this error "CreateDXGIFactory2 Could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll" when I try to launch any uPlay game (e.g Div 1, Div 2, GRB etc.).

At first I thought it may be something with my Dx installation but other games from steam launch perfectly without any issues.

Once I close the annoying error dialog the game does start up and act 100% normally, the only issue is that I cannot open the Ubisoft Connect within game.

Any ideas?

Thank you

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Deta
    Ubisoft Support Staff 471 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone!

For those players who are on Windows 7 and still affected by issues on the Ubisoft Connect client, please be aware that newer versions of the client will no longer be supporting Windows 7. I understand this is not the answer many in this thread had hoped for and would like to apologize for any inconvenience. You can find additional information here.

If you are on a supported Windows system and still affected by this error, please know that our team is still investigating this issue.

Official Response
  • Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@gheu007 Same here after Update. It's only annoying here...

• Mefedron-_-
    1 posts

@gheu007 I have the same problems as you. I tried everything but it won't work... 😕

• gheu007
    Original poster 6 posts

Apart from the annoying error dialog the games does start up and act 100% normally...

I really hope a fix will come

• Dratkcuf
    10 posts

@gheu007 Having the exact same issue since the last update a few days ago now i cant use shift f2 to add people for raids or friends ect .

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@gheu007 No...not 100% normally, for example weekly challenges for the division 2 and steep are not working normally. Still after days of the last update...nobody is doing something...maybe go back to the last better working client software, nothing. But important that promotion and sales is working...great!

• makru1337
    3 posts

@gheu007 I got the error to disappear by installing the newest visual c++ redistributable from Microsoft: (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist). My Ubisoft Game Launcher is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)", so the right version to install would've been the x86. Online sources recommend installing both x64 and x86 on older Windows versions, though.

I still can't play Co-Op on Assassin's Creed Unity, even with the error gone, even after 10min of waiting (prior to the update, it took less than 30 seconds). Maybe the whole player base is affected by this bug, since the game is pretty old, but that still strikes me as unlikely.

Edit: Uplay overlay is still broken, too.

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@makru1337 Ok...tried...but for me the error message didn't disappear with installing this on Win7 64Bit.

• makru1337
    3 posts

@mr-t-magnum Try rebooting. When I launched the game after installing the vcred and rebooting, it triggered an install of DirectX, among other things (3 items, no idea what all of them were). Now that I think about it, maybe it had nothing to do with the VC++ redistributable.

But like I said, while the error message is gone for me, the problems (seemingly) caused by the last Connect update remain. I can't really enjoy the game under these circumstances. I have half a mind to uninstall it or reactivate one of my old saves with more Co-Op completion.

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@makru1337 It's clear that I made a restart...still get the error message, also after verifying game files for test from 1 game (without any error, but it was also installing some files again without any message why...lol). As I said before...only Ubisoft games are affected, no error message from non Ubisoft games of other platforms... The other issue has probably something to do with their servers...maybe including the last Ubisoft Connect Update together. It is still an clumsy amateur bunch here!

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@makru1337 fyi...I've tried AC Unity, there I get no error message and multiplayer was working for me without waiting long.

• Wolf68k
    11 posts

I'm getting this error as well and it's oddly reassuring that I see others are getting it so I know it's not just me.
    That being said I noticed a similarity with myself and @gheu007 we're both on Win7. This raises a question I'd like to ask all that are having this issue.
    What OS are you using?
    If everyone is on Win7 then we've narrowed down the problem.
    If it's a mix of Win7, 10, 11 then well the problem is still on Ubisoft's side the problem is that it's a really odd problem.

• makru1337
    3 posts

@mr-t-magnum Thank you for checking. I will try to reinstall the game.

@Wolf68k I'm on Win7 too.

• Wolf68k
    11 posts

@makru1337 Ok I'm starting to suspect that this issue is localized to Win7 and likely a limitation of DX11 since that's the newest version that Win7 limited to.
    You, me, @gheu007 and someone on Reddit all having the same issue and on Win7.
    I think the UC Devs screwed something up in the update that neglected Win7 and DX11 users.

I submitted a ticket with Ubisoft a few days ago. Worked with them as much as possible and no fix for me. By the way the error only shows up for with Div2. I only have Div 1 and 2 as well as Trackmania installed and for some reason the error doesn't appear with the other 2 but I can't open the UC in game. Luckily the Core Challenges I can still see in UCLauncher so I'm too worried about. Although I didn't think about this until now, the FPS counter from UC is also missing. Guess it's a good thing I didn't really rely on it too much any more.

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@makru1337 I don't think you need to re-install...maybe check the files in Connect but if you will play a special challenge for multiplayer and no other person will play it than it's normal that you wait for ages...my experience, but I have now all Multiplayer challenges finished 3times.

• Mr.T.Magnum
    149 posts

@wolf68k The error message also shows up with AC Origins, which isn't a DX12 title. Except for AC Unity it also shown up for me with Division1 and 2, AC Odyssee, The Crew 1 and 2, Steep (more I haven't tested yet but I'm sure others are also affected) under Win7 64Bit.

• TEJIEMACTEP
    10 posts

@gheu007
    Thanks for raising this issue. I also have Win 7 64 and also this error. Checked the game files (the division) - did not help. There is a 100% error in the last update of the uplay connection. I hope this way they don't force us to switch to Win 10/11...

• gheu007
    Original poster 6 posts

@tejiemactep I'm afraid this update is FUBAR ([censored] up beyond all repair) and the dev team doesn't seem to bother or simply can't find the issue.

Let's still hope the issue will be repaired.

• Domojaxx
    4 posts

I also have this error popping up when I try starting Rainbow Six Siege.
    undefined
    Ubisoft is blaming me for not having TLS 1.2 for the Overlay not working in-game. I checked and I installed the TLS 1.2 update since 2016. Ubi said that I need to update to Windows 10 to "fix" the overlay issue for the TLS thing... it's clearly something wrong that their new launcher does. I am also on Windows 7 (Ultimate) x64. Hopefully they find the problem and work on it. Their whole servers seem messed up.

Another thing I see (since I have the game on Steam) is that Steam cannot close the game anymore on its own and requires manually shutting down the RainbowSix.exe or clicking on the Stop button in Steam:

I hope this gets fixed soon as I have paid for their games, spent thousands of hours on them, and we deserve better service!

• Wolf68k
    11 posts

I closed my case with Ubisoft Support because there was no point keeping it open.
    In the end I explained to them that the problem is not with any of the games on their launcher but instead it's a problem with the last update of the launcher basically crippling Win7 users, which there are still plenty of. I even linked them to this topic. I also asked them to pass the issue over to the UC devs so they could come up with a fix.
    The last support message was that they would pass this along.

To be honest, I'm not holding my breath that they will fix it. Also keep in mind that I am a pessimist and I sort of kind of understand the mind set of developers.

Kind of off topic:
    The only reason I haven't gone to Win10 is that I have yet to see a need to force myself to. It also doesn't help that just about every month M$ puts out updates there is one issue or another, the main one seems to be screw up audio settings for streamers and content creators and I didn't want to have to deal with any of that. I have a new issue with Win10 now that I won't get into because in the end it's mostly a personal issue but still darn (trying to keep it clean) annoying and cannot find a fix.

Suggested Topics