ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KUATO87
    Original poster 2 posts

I bought the game when it was 60% off and played through it. Got to power level 475 I think and then tried a mastery challenge. Now my entire map is locked at power level 505. Is this intended? If so why is my power level not increasing and all I’m getting is mastery points. Before the mastery challenges I still had the base power levels for regions, 20 on up to 300 whatever. Now every region, as well as dlcs, is locked at 505. Someone help me understand.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@kuato87 that is probably due to Level Scaling, and is currently related to difficulty level. Are you playing on Aesir difficulty?

• KUATO87
    Original poster 2 posts

@bielik01 negative. My kid like to run around so I set it to the easiest difficulty.

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@kuato87 that's strange. Mastery Challenges shouldn't have anything in common with it. Of course there are Mastery Points, but those were around even before Mastery Challenges.
    So basically your power level is 1 + how many skill points you allocated in the Skill Tree. If you fill the whole Skill Tree, you start to earn Mastery Points, which can be assigned to Bear Mastery, Wolf Mastery, or Raven Mastery. Here’s what those do:
    Bear Mastery

• Slightly increase melee damage
    • Slightly increase melee resistance
    • Slightly increase health

Wolf Mastery

• Slightly increase ranged damage
    • Slightly increase range resistance

Raven Mastery

• Slightly increase assassination damage
    • Slightly increase evasion

And apparently, you can get 1000 Mastery Points in each category.

• Meteoritek
    5 posts

Why in Valhalla, after the ''mastery challenge'' from Hilderun, the required strength in the entire world is 505, while Eivor's maximum strength is 475 ?

• pesto.
    288 posts

It’s just always scaled to be 30 levels higher than you are.

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@meteoritek or you use Level Scaling. Another thing it may be an issue @KUATO87 has?

• elaine8405
    3 posts

I'm level 378. I finished all three trials in "A Challenge from the Gods." As I opened the map to fast travel to Ravensthorpe, I saw that EVERY region now has a suggested level of 408! So basically, the quest pushed everything to 30 above my level. I've done Internet searches to see if this is what happens to everyone, but found nothing. I quit the game & reloaded, hoping that would reset everything to normal, but it didn't. Has anyone else experienced this? Did I miss a warning that this would be the result of completing the quest?

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@elaine8405 you're at least third...
    Explain power level please
    Valhalla Strength
    Can you check if finishing Mastery Challenges changed your difficulty settings? Mainly Level Scaling.

• elaine8405
    3 posts

@bielik01 Thanks! I'll try that.

• elaine8405
    3 posts

It worked!! Thanks so much!

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@elaine8405 at least for you 😄
    The other two people didn't bother to check Level Scaling... Although it's strange it changed for you by itself.

• b.dauvissat
    4 posts

I'm level 286.
    When I look at the quest menu, I can see, among others, Ravensthorpe, suggested 316 and red (can't activate it).
    If I gain a 318 level, the suggested level for Ravensthorpe is now 318.
    So, always unreachable.
    Same for Wincestre or Jötunheim.
    Why is that ?
    Thanks

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@b-dauvissat have you started doing Mastery Challenges? Few other players had this problem and it turned out Level Scaling was set for them automatically. Turn it off in Gameplay options 🙂

• b.dauvissat
    4 posts

@bielik01 Indeed, I started (and did not complete) Mastery Challenges.
    I will try this.
    Thanks

• b.dauvissat
    4 posts

@bielik01 Thanks, that was it.

• dgeo13
    1 posts

I am doing side missions to increase my level(trying to avoid the main story) but suddenly all regions became level 313( higher than my strength).I think it happened after i tried Wenlocan Outpost first trial. 
    Its strange that all of them became same level and higher than my strength at the same time . Is it a glitch or is it a bad part of the game? 

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@dgeo13 I think it's a glitch, but one you an easily fix yourself. Go into gameplay options and set Level Scaling to default.

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 221 posts

Hi @dgeo13! Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. Could you please first double check your level scaling is default? If it is, try these troubleshooting steps to see if this makes any difference to your region's difficulty increasing. If these do not correct your level, we do have a few questions for our investigation.

• Does an older save file have your correct region level?
    • Could we get a video showing your current level and region levels?

Thank you so much in advance!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 683 posts

Hello @b-dauvissat , happy to hear the issue was resolved with a help of @bielik01.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything else.

Official Response

Suggested Topics