ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• L0K1.01
    Original poster 239 posts

Hi,

I wont do any other post about this but this one..
    I Know no one will read it and do something about it.. but lets give a try.

Basicly its a low tier and underrated hero, even if it is so good to play (in my case), but when you face a new assassin hero or something that has a lot of moves like shaolin, you only can do your 3 moves...(and its become boring) and the heavy attacks slow as hell. and doesn't even reach the enemy sometimes when you clearly see it should reach.
    Every hero is faster than Jorm... Hitoriki has dodge and side attacks ( I think..) Jorm none. Just that gut punch, light and heavy.. And the out of stamina hammer slam...
    Jorm doesn't even have a varied skin collection in the game... but that's secondary.

Thanks if you read this and think about it , and sorry for my English.
    Peace out .

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1696 posts

@mr-3luesky
    I mained Jorm a while ago... And hes got a lot of issues. Hes a low tier hero.
    His short range, short mixups, no dodge attack makes him very bellow other heroes. The Stamina drain game does not work at all... He needs a lot more.
    Are you on PC or PS4 / 5?

• L0K1.01

@picoancus I play on PC, but with a controller.

I love jorm actually but I hate too.. When an Orochi or something like that come in the way I can't do anything but spam light and that gut punch.. Because if I try a heavy it is so slow.. A blind man can parry it. Sometimes I can hit with the heavy but its almost luck..
    It's becoming boring because of the few moves he can do.. 😞

• IlluminatiEyes
    1696 posts

@mr-3luesky
    If playing at 60fps he already suck...i imagine playing at 144fps.

• Night_Fury147
    118 posts

The way I see it he needs the following things changed/buffed/added.

• Dodge attacks
    • Attack speed
    • Stamina bully that actually does something
  • Csodaszarvas_G
    337 posts

Jorm's heavy attacks are on par with the majority of heavy attacks in terms of speed. All of them are 800ms except the top chain starter which is 900ms. There's nothing wrong with that. The problem is probably the animation, since those attacks are extremely telegraphed. To give you an example: LB also has this problem. The statistics of his heavies are fine, but the animation makes them seem slower that they actually are.

Imo Jorm doesn't need an attack speed improvement. His issue stems from everything else he does.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1696 posts

@csodaszarvas_g
    He does not need speed. Need more options as Lawbringer needs too. They need more chain options. Probably a dodge attack of some sort (because is meta now).
    These with Warlord are the ones i look forward to see their reworks.

• L0K1.01

@csodaszarvas_g Hi are you from Hungary? Because I am 😅

• Csodaszarvas_G
    337 posts

@mr-3luesky

Indeed, I'm from Hungary.

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

I am back with a vengeance.

Also I thought of something that sounded pretty neat.

It would be pretty cool if he had a passive thar made him do more and more damage depending on how low his opponents stamina is. Excluding hammar slam.

• Eroglas
    41 posts

@night_fury147 Please, no more dodge attacks. It was supposed to be an assassin's thing, and now even sakura has one... a tank...

Jorg needs a stronger stamina drain and one unblockable pummel attack. The same buff Zanzhu recieved.

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@eroglas dodge attacks are for punishing bashes. Every character needs one. Every character who doesn't have one is nearly an auto loss to characters like bp, conq, and shinobi.

Stamina drain is a bad concept and "more stamina drain" does not fix jorm.

• Eroglas
    41 posts

@deathtocakl how is jorgunmand fighting style a bad concept? Stamina drain is a very fun and interesting way to fight. Lately, heroes have been very bland. Dodge attacks, bash, unblockable and call it a day. We need more unique heroes. Jorgunmand is a very unique one and should keep with his figjting style revplving stamina drain. Not aggreeing with your first point. You can beat bashing heroes withouth revolving to dodge attacks. The problem is that ubisoft gave everyone a dodge attack, which basically made it a problem for the few that do not have one.

• L0K1.01

@eroglas At least Jorm needs hyper armor on unblockables. Or some tracking because there is none on the heavys. When someone spam the dodge attacks you're just standing in one place waiting to be dead. When you try to hit with one heavy its easy to dodge or parry.
    The side heavy animation looks like Jorm doing it at 180° but actually maximum 10.

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@eroglas stamina drain is only fun for the player playing jorm. And that's only if the opponent is average. His bashes are pretty reactable and he won't even get to deplete someone's stamina bar.

Players are incentivized to turtle when fighting jorm. The devs want the attacker to be rewarded, not the defender.

I'm not saying you can't beat bash heroes as jorm, Highlander, warlord, or cent. But since these characters don't have a dodge attack, many bashes simply cannot be punished by them. Other bashes put the defender into a mixup if the defender dodges and doesn't have a dodge attack.

• Eroglas
    41 posts

@l0k1-01 that would be perfect. What i mean is, ubisoft need to be more elaborate when buffing or nerfing. Its not just about giving a new dodge attack or giving light speed ( like the atrocity with highlander), but rather making tweaks that hingers or facilitates the hero kit.

• Eroglas
    41 posts

@deathtocakl i honestly dont see a problem about turtling. Defense heroes like tanks should be turtling. Assassins should be attacking. Jorg need a buff on his stamina drain and maybe another small tweak. Sadly ubisoft already went too deep with thos new combat system where everyone is an attacker. Highlander swing faster than an orochi, shugoki will most likely get a dodge attack, sakura got one, and all of the new heroes have one. Very sad for real.

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@eroglas again. Ubisoft wants players to be able to attack with meaningful offense.

They don't want both players to just stare at one another, get a small punish, then continue staring.

Giving jorm more stamina drain will not fix his flawed kit. His basic chains are good.

His bash does no damage and does not have frame advantage on the unblockable follow-up. Both bashes are also consistently reactable.

It would be better to remove the stamina drain and oos punish part of his kit in order to give him more meaningful moves.

Random examples being a dodge attack/bash

unblockable uninterruptable forward dodge heavy

bash does less stam damage and either does damage on contact and gives proper frame advantage, or leads into a unique mixup. Finishers could lead into chain bash, chain bash would lead into finishers.

Hamarr slam could be incorporated to a bulwark counter like move. You don't have to give him a dodge attack if you think literal bulwark counter is good.

Not all of these are exactly what I would have in mind for a jorm rework. But they are examples of changes that would fix his underlying problems. Rather than saying "Jotunn Surge now deals 150 stamina damage"

• Csodaszarvas_G
    337 posts

@deathtocakl

I'm not well versed in the arts of playing Jorm, but recently I have been thinking about how his problems could be resolved. Of course this is just my thoughts, but I think that Jorm should get better chain pressure which is further enhanced with a bit of stun.

I don't have an exact and detailed rework in mind (like the ones I did before) only some basic changes.

• Jorm now has 3 (5) basic chains, these are L + H; L + L + H; H + H; (Zone + L + H; Zone + H)
    • He no longer has light finishers, his current ones are now function as a light chain attack. They are no longer undodgeable and deal 13 damage (from 14).
    • Heavy finishers stun for 1000ms; side heavy finisher damage is 28 (from 29)
    • Jotunn Farewell (the in-chain bash) is now only accessible after heavy attacks (but after any heavy attack) with a chain link speed of 333ms.It deals 20 stamina damage (from 30), doesn't pause stamina regeneration and guarantees the "new" chain light attack. Can chain on miss (chain light or heavy finisher), furthermore the miss recovery for counter GB-ing is now reduced to 600ms (from 700).
    • Give a bit of extra range and tracking to heavy attacks.

There are probably better ideas out there, this is just a basic concept. However, I think it's better than what we currently have.

• Eroglas
    41 posts

@deathtocakl Giving an UB UN forward dodge heavy and keeping his kit intact would be better. I mean that we should not nerf his stamina drain. It's what makes him unique. Im all about having variety. And variety is what ubisoft is killing.

Suggested Topics