ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yorky65
    Original poster 19 posts

Hello, I'm aware that you can increase the size of farm fields by holding shift however in the actual game is the yield of produce actually increased or is it just a visual effect?
    I am a single player on PC only and sometimes I examine the layouts of the islands created by the AI and observe they can have some fields in their restricted mode which causes me to ask the above question.
    Thanks for any information supplied.
    Yorky 65

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asterix201252
    346 posts

@yorky65
    It is essentially just a visual effect. Increasing the number of fields above the number on the farm's build screen will not give you additional output. However, it could possibly be useful to add extra fields to ensure space when you know that you will eventually increase the number of fields that the farm can have by adding either tractors or items (or both).

• Yorky65
    Original poster 19 posts

@asterix201252 Thanks for the reply; I thought it may be the case. However that raises the further point; when using the DLC Bright Harvest does the adding of Silo and faster harvesting by tractor increase the yield or is that too just for effect?
    Thank you.
    Yorky65

• bartirix
    3 posts

@yorky65 Tractors and silos do have an actual gameplay effect.

Tractors require 1 fuel per 5 minutes and add 200% productivity to farms using them but require 50% extra fields, as well as reducing workforce required by 50%. They also give an extra resource every 3rd cycle I believe, but don't quote me on that.

Silos require 1 grain per 5 minutes and add 100% productivity to animal farms, without any additional requirements.

Keep in mind that to create and supply fuel for tractor barns you'll need a fuel station hooked up to an oil supply by train, but yeah, it really does have a meaningful impact on the game. Tractors are huge, silos are also a godsend.

• Asterix201252
    346 posts

@yorky65
    Yes. Tractors and silos substantially increase farm output. See https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Tractor_Barn: (https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Tractor_Barn) and https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Silo?so=search: (https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Silo?so=search). You need more fields for a farm with Tractors, but it's still a really good deal. With tractors and a good combination of trade unionists, I can get yields of up to 395% with at most 50% extra fields, sometimes with only 20%, depending on crop. You don't need extra fields with Silos.

EDIT
    Sorry Bartirix. My reply must have been near simultaneous with yours.

• Yorky65
    Original poster 19 posts

@bartirix and asterix thank you for your replies which certainly clears things up.
    Regards.
    Yorky65

Suggested Topics