ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation into the runes that have disappeared from your Divine gear.

I'm happy to share that a fix for this issue will be deployed in a future update! Please note that we don't yet have an ETA for when this update will be released for the game. Rest assured that the Player Support team are checking in on the investigation regularly, and we will post any new information within this thread once it has been made available.

Additionally, any future updates will also be posted within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so please keep an eye out for these.

In the meantime, @bielik01 has shared a workaround that can prevent your runes from being lost. Please note that this involves loading up an earlier save from before the 4th March, so it can mean losing some in-game progress:

Go offline, load the latest save without the glitch, unsocket all the runes, SAVE, then you can go back online.

I used this workaround myself, and can confirm that all of the runes socketed in my now-divine gear were saved and could be reinstalled. We understand that not everyone will be able to load an earlier save from before losing your runes, and I'd like to assure you that a fix for this issue is coming in the future.

If your runes have disappeared from your gear, and you are not using any Divine gear, then I recommend you check out our dedicated Megathread for more information from the ongoing investigation into this separate issue.

Thank you

Official Response
  • Metallo75
    179 posts

Yeap,my runes gone too,i am amazed how non expectable bugs can happen every update bring into us,always thinking how the testing is going on if there is any.

• Tax_Fraud_420
    1 posts

@kamasutek I had the same issue, i'm using the same armor and weapons as you and have lost all my runes for each piece of gear and weapon, all except my bow, which didn't get automatically upgraded to divine quality.

• Ch0kZ
    1 posts

For those who own the game digitally, this worked for me:

1. Keep the Xbox online while initially booting up the game. This will authenticate and load your account for initiating and playing the game from this point.

2. Select a saved game from before March 5th.

3. While the save loads, and you can control Eivor in the Animus limbo, disconnect the ethernet cable. Either directly on the console, or unplug the wifi router.

At this point at least I got into the game with all the gear before it upgraded to divine, and the runes were still there.

4. Unsocket all runes, and create a manual save.

5. Shut down the game from the Xbox dashboard, and connect to the internet again.

6. Start game and choose the latest save to load, instead of just continue.

I know this is somewhat the same process as some others have already posted.
    But I thought I'd add this step by step, as I don't know if the launching and loading of the game is different for digital and physical copies.

Hope this helps someone. Thanks to the other players that also posted this workaround. 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences about runes going missing after your gear has upgraded to Divine quality. I'm sorry to hear that you've been affected by this issue, and that it has impacted on your gaming experience.

As shared in my earlier post, the dedicated teams have been looking into this issue further, and they will be deploying a fix in a future update! As soon as we have more details to share, including a confirmed ETA for the release, we will let you know within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be published within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so please keep an eye out for these.

In the meantime, a successful workaround that involves disconnecting from the internet has been found. If you're able to, please can you try the following steps:

Go offline, load the latest save without the glitch, unsocket all the runes, SAVE, then you can go back online.

This workaround works best if you load up an earlier save file, ideally from before you first noticed the runes went missing from your inventory.

If these steps do not work for you, then please rest assured that a fix for the missing runes is coming in the future.

@Metallo75 & @Tax_Fraud_420 - Are you able to try the workaround shared above? @Ch0kZ has also provided a more detailed step-by-step guide on how they were able to recover their runes in their own game, which you can also follow (thanks for sharing this!). By going offline and loading an earlier save from before the runes were lost, several players have been able to save their runes from disappearing, so I'd recommend giving these steps a try if you're able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Greybush1982
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis That workaround only works if you can actually play the game offline.
    So unless the future fix involves restoring the runes or giving out proper replacements, that leaves the rest of us boned.

• Gayngel2019
    24 posts

I hope to heavens the patch will encompass all types of runes lost accounting for differences between players. I'm so annoyed that I lost the spawn a trap on headshot ruin but I know some other players will have different runes socketed.

• TheNorfolkian
    1464 posts

@gayngel2019 Haha... sorry, I had to laugh. The odds of Ubisoft actually releasing a patch to give back exactly each rune lost by each player is egregiously absurd. It is, however, possible that they will release some kind of ‘sorry package’ like they did after the screw-ups from the very first Yule festival.

• SidSixT
    102 posts

@gayngel2019 My merchant in Ravensthorpe has the Trap Shot Rune for sale right now. I don't know if all players see the same things in the merchant shops, but I thought I would mention it. To be clear, I am not suggesting that everyone should buy all the runes they lost. You mentioned that specific rune, and I happen to know where I can get one.

• TheNorfolkian
    1464 posts

@sidsixt Honestly though, that rune sucks. The ‘explosive’ power of the trap is not based on Eivor’s Power level or the quality of the bow being used. It’s the same thing as manually setting a trap... you’d have to set multiple explosives in order to kill one enemy who investigates.

• TorDorAssassin
    1 posts

@thepetrus89

“Turn off the internet connection on your PC/console
    Launch the game offline
    Go to “Load” and find the last save with runes prior to the Divine upgrade
    Load that save
    Remove all runes from Reda and Shop items (they will appear in your inventory)
    When you remove all runes, manually save the game
    Now you can safely turn your internet on again”

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences and feedback regarding your experiences with your runes disappearing from your Divine Gear.

As shared in my earlier post, the dedicated teams will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this fix will be released for the game. Once we have more details to share, they will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be published within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes. There will also be more details about what the fix includes within these patch notes as well, so please keep an eye out for these.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • ThePetrus89
    8 posts

@tordorassassin , if I turn off the internet connection I'm unable to play because the only one thing needed to play on Stadia is an internet connection 😅 thank you anyway.

• Joekilla1992
    16 posts

Yes same thing for me on Xbox. I bought the new expansion 2 weeks ago and both my bracers and pants (night Shinobi) were downgraded to silver and I lost all 6 runes (great feather runes) on them. I connected support , opened a case and haven't had any word from developers. I want to play this game and new dlc but can't now. I want my runes back and my armor fixed. I paid full price for this game at release and bought every dlc/season pass. Why am I, or any other player, treated like this.

• Joekilla1992
    16 posts

This happened 2 weeks ago just after the release of the dawn of ragnarok expansion. I bought and downloaded it on my Xbox. When I went to play it I found my store bought bracers and pants(Shinobi night) were downgraded to silver and the 6 'great feather runes' on them gone. I opened a case thereafter and have been told nothing of value except, "wait for the next update." I don't know what that will fix, if anything, or when it will occur. I have been unable to play it since. Also my case was threatened to be closed so now I add a comment everyday so I'm not forgotten or discarded.

• AnGeLLx
    2 posts

@freddypelli same happened to me! Lost the special runes with the double perks from the siege of paris rebel mission store 😑 and yeah, you cannot get those more then once.. I want my runes back man

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences about your runes disappearing following the upgrade of your Divine Gear. I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue in your game.

The dedicated teams will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! As soon as we have more details to share, including any confirmed ETAs for the update's release, we will let you know within this thread. Any future updates will also be made available via patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum.

@Joekilla1992 - Please be assured that a fix for this issue will be made available in the future. Even if your case is closed, it does not mean that the dedicated teams aren't looking into this issue further. Your report has been forwarded to the dedicated teams, who will continue their investigation of this issue until there is a resolution. Rest assured that those affected by this issue won't be forgotten about.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • MK_2014
    14 posts

@auditoreac3 same with that happened to me and I noticed that .. I'm fine if you want to add Divine gears but don't take my ruins once for all and what I mean by that the ruins that were equipped not in the inventory at all and just gone wasted .. that for example critical damage or Assassination's damage great ones is gone .. you have to start all over and find new ruins .. I remember something like that happened before with Ubisoft connect rewards weapons that got downgraded .. I've noticed a lot of bugs and glitches which is very unfortunate .. and I know there's ways around before .. but already gone and I equipped new set and ruins because divine set are more powerful than Mythical in numbers.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @MK_2014!

I'm sorry to hear that you lost the runes that were equipped to your Divine gear following the upgrade. The dedicated teams have been notified of this issue happening in-game, and they will be deploying a fix in a future update!

We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this fix will be released for the game. Once we have more confirmed information to share, it will be posted within this thread and via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Btaker22
    3 posts

Hello,

As everyone here, I'm also having this issue on my Playstation 5 after the Dawn Of Ragnarok update, and I didn't seem to notice this until some weeks before because I haven't started playing the DLC yet.

All the runes that I had on my Feather Bow (bought in the Animus Store) are gone. It's very possible that I also lost runes in the rest of my Ubisoft shop gears but since I'm not using them currently, I don't know for sure which runes were equipped there.

In my Feather Bow I believe I had:

1x Chained Deft Rune (Diamond rune slot)
    1x Big Combustion Rune 
    1x Big Rune of Perfection or 1x Big Rune of Finesse (I'm not sure...)

These are the ones more important and that I can still remember and as you can imagine, this issue is taking me away from playing the game because I worked hard to get some of these runes.

I hope to hear from you soon...

Suggested Topics