Headshots pulses nearby enemies
    enemies pulse take headshot damage regardless of where the bullet hits

backpack Talent
    Third Echolan

scanner pulse haste at 200%
    duration 80%

Chest Talent
    fourth Echolan
    Enemies hit by Headshots are blinded and ensnared, Damage is reduced by pulse enemies by 50%

New handgun and Exotic

The FiveSeven handgun
    Base stats
    Damage 75k
    15 rounds
    magazine mod
    Top rail mod
    lower rail mod
    Barrel mod

exotic name: Sam's weapon
    base damage 115k
    30 rounds
    pistol Damage
    Headshot damage
    talent mercenary
    killing pulse enemies now subtracts 5 seconds from skill cooldown and drops 500 E Credits

Accuracy is set at 75%
    stability at 89%

equiped mods is a sound suppressor 10% Crit chance

Lazer sight 20% headshot damage

High capacity fast mag 15% reload speed 25% magazine capacity

this would bring a new way to use the handguns alongside feeling like Sam Fisher again

maybe even consider a Splinter Cell event

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• I_am_perplexing
    Original poster 44 posts

@dead-lee_g

This idea is to give the handguns a boost and make them usable and add more freedom in how people can play on higher difficultys

me and my friend both like to just pull out our handguns me my M9 or him his M1911 Classic and just kill these vet and elites but it's mostly near impossible but this gearset will give a boost to all handguns including revolvers

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts

Seems a little OP to me, especially when using the Regulas or Headhunter. Being on console, I'd rather see 25% CHC for handguns over headshot damage, but that messes with the 4pc talent.

I'd run it with all directives (pistola) and farm SHD levels as a skill build all rolled with skill tiers and skill damage. My D50 with In Sync gets a ton of use in this manner.

• Sock_Monkey
    487 posts

@dead-lee_g I think you can achieve just as good - if not better - already, and without a new set (which ain't gonna happen anyway).

I have a 4-pc Bulwark loadout (mask, gloves, holster, knees) with max armor and headshot damage rolled on every piece. Backpack is Providence (+15% headshot brand set bonus), plus max weapon damage, CHD and headshot damage rolled onto every attribute and slot, and Adrenaline Rush as the talent. Chest is D&H (+20% pistol damage brand set bonus), max weapon damage, CHC and headshot damage on every attribute / slot and Intimidate as the talent.

Skills are Bulwark ballistic shield and Artificer Hive.

For weapons, my sidearm is my primary: an optimized Liberty. I have an optimized White Death for long-distance headshots and a Cuelebre for occasional use when my shield is down.

For sidearm damage it's just plain OP. Base damage with my Liberty is 447k, but of course 95% of fighting with this set is in-your-face, so it's really more like 604k (Intimidate bonus). That's almost shotgun territory. Add to that my headshot damage is +277%, and reds are always one-shot kills. On Challenging, even purples are one shot kills if I get a critical hit on a headshot. Worst case they are two shots. Named Elite tanks I take down with usually around a dozen headshots (remember the Liberty stacks damage too, with each successive hit adding 2%, up to 30 stacks).

Add to that with my shield up (and the Artificer) I am almost un-killable. The only weak points in this build are if I am getting shot in the back, or a special ammo BT hits me with their EMP bullets and my shield drops. If I take out those guys first, and keep everyone else in front of me, I can facetank any character in the game and put them down, one-by-one, with a pistol, and almost no risk of being killed.

This is my go-to build for any challenge or project involving sidearms or headshots. It excels, and I'd argue that it's even better as a pistol-centric build than your proposal.

P.S. This is that build, effortlessly killing two rogue agents. You'll notice I was playing like crap and missing half my shots (I was one-handed, with my coffee cup in the other hand) and still easily put both down without even a teeny-tiny risk of dying. You want more OP than this?

• N3mB0t
    868 posts

like it was already said you gearset idea is totaly OP , not gonna happen.

what pistols usualy need isnt more damage or more handling , its more ammo , a regulus with 12 bullets would be nice to have , or a liberty with 16 , and yes there are pistols with over 20 rounds to spare but that is not the ones we want to use in a pistol build , liked the pulsing of nearby enemies though , but i would do it on HS kill and not on simple HS.

• Sock_Monkey
    487 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

We used to get some of this, just from the old High-Noon [with 400% Optimal Range, but lower damage boost] 😞

It basically made Pistols into Rifles with unlimited ammo [they still are, up close - they just lack the range now]. I still have a Pistol build [Claws Out rolled WD, Punch Drunk, Obliterate, The Gift], but it's not terribly effective on Heroic without a shield. Great fun just messing about on Hard and sometimes Challenging though.

spoiler

• Aced_100
    169 posts

How about being able to use a handgun in each hand at the same time?

• Noxious81
    848 posts
    (...) 2 piece
    100% Headshot damage

3 piece
    100% handgun damage
    150% optimize range

4 piece
    Talent Echolan

Headshots pulses nearby enemies
    enemies pulse take headshot damage regardless of where the bullet hits (...)

As already mentioned – this is a way too op concept. The bonuses for wearing two or three pieces are way too strong and are complete outliers in comparison to other Gear Sets, Brand Sets, or named items. For instance, A&E grants only 30% Headshot Damage, HF grants 15% Weapon Damage for SMGs/shotguns, D&H gives 20% Pistol Damage, Providence adds 15% Headshot Damage.

So when proposing a new Gear Set, such numbers should be kept in mind so that we're at least not starting our discussion with a vastly overpowered suggestion. But with something that at least has a chance of being on par with the current game balance.

And you're also adding features to your Gear Set that already exist as a skill. But while equipping and using a skill always does cost a skill slot and in most cases at least some minimal invest into skill power in some way, you are giving away a pretty powerful feature basically "for free" here. So not trying to incorporate other features and functionalities which otherwise would need to be unlocked or equipped and leveled also seems to be a better way of creating new meaningful sets.

• ApexXxero
    79 posts

@dead-lee_g

Yep. Extremely OP

Just speaking from a PvP perspective, Big Shield + Handgun is already massively OP in the DZ. Basically a huge tank with big damage. Usually a DPS build will down a player in 1-3 bullets. It's annoying AF to fight against.

• xcel30
    791 posts

Concept is good, numbers are too big but the idea of increasing pistols damage, headhsot damage and range is something i also have suggested many times before as pistol gear set ideas and concept. Also the Five-Seven should be low damage but constantly spammy pistol type it just looks like you are slapping waay too much damage on that

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts

Ok, so I do like this idea of buffing handguns because they are very underwhelming in the Division franchise due to ROF and mag capacity, but what was mentioned is overly OP. People would be able to fire off 1m non-crits with ease, and a handgun simply shouldn't compete with an m1A in the Division universe. I believe in Destiny the hand canon class is VERY viable for all content, but that's a more fantasy based game where they can do that. Even the onscreen reticle sucks for handguns in Division though.

Since we are just throwing ideas out there, what if the purposed gearset was more along these lines?
    2pc: +20% CHC (+15% in PvP)
    3pc: +30% HSD (+20% in PvP)
    4pc: Allows for CHC (only) with a Handgun to be raised to 85% (75% in PvP), and gives additional +20% CHC (+15% in PvP). Also disables the ability to equip a shield, but gives +10% AOK.
    Chest: Turns all Crits in to HSD, death from crit adds 5% stack of CHC with ability to stack to 100% CHC, and additional 5% AOK per kill stack.
    Bag: +20% CHC, +20% Handgun Damage, +20% HSD. (all lowered to +15% in PvP)

I feel like this would be a little more balanced, while still giving some love to the handgun class that is severely lacking in end game viability.

• jdkzombie
    10 posts

You know I've contemplated a handgun set idea before, but never really took off with it.

Your idea sounds good for handguns, but we all know that people aren't going to use the set bonuses for handguns.

What we need is bonuses that apply ONLY to handguns.

Like the 2 piece set bonus should be strictly increased handgun mag size, or revolver reload speed(depending on which you have equipped).

3 piece should be increased accuracy and stability for handguns. Or something of the sort.

My idea for a 4 piece bonus actually comes from the old form of an exotic holster we have that used to grant increased handgun damage, and more importantly PENETRATION of targets, meaning you could fire into a group and hit the guy behind the guy you were shooting already too. Except add in some flair.

Here's the idea. Random cycling special ammo on a timer, kills shorten timer to renew special ammo. Handgun SPECIFIC special ammo, so you'd get +P rounds which deal increased damage entirely, AP rounds which deal increased armor damage and penetrate unarmored targets, Hollow Points deal bleed and increased Health damage, and maybe add in a special Taser round that deals EMP or disruption status to make it viable to mini-tanks and Robo-dogs.

Of course this idea would never take off, because this would make handguns actually fun to use.

• I_am_perplexing
    Original poster 44 posts

@dead-lee_g
    Obviously this would be way to OP for a vary broken PVP and dark zone
    so the stats I'd mention would be replaced when in the dark zone or conflict

PVP stats

2 piece gear

50% weapon damage

3 piece gear

40 percent optimal range

4 piece

talent Echolan- PVP

Scanner Pulse haste 120%

headshot Damage 10%

Gain a 20% damage reduction while not in cover or using a shield

backpack talent

third Echolan

Hides your nameplate from players

pulse resistance 30%

chest talent

fourth Echolan

increase damage to spotted Enemies by 25%

(60% to npcs)

this build is supposed to allow you movement freedom in PVE without the need for the Bulwark shield or having to grind Iron Horse for the exotic or finding pieces to craft the library which are the sole Handguns in the game beside the basic D Eagle that can be used in harder PvE content safely

the build I'm suggesting will allow players to be able to use their handguns any of them without needing to hide behind a shield which will get destroyed if you don't have armour cores

liberty and the memento

on another note this build has legendary content in mind

the sole safe legendary build is the Skill build

just spec right ,use the drone and turrent go outside on the balcony and have some crumpets and teawhen you get back the floor should be cleared unless the enemy was able to destroy your skills and they shouldn't unless they were set in a too exposed position

• I_am_perplexing
    Original poster 44 posts

@jdkzombie

that tazer round idea reminds me of the shock ammo in the game enemies hit are immobile and this actually deals on going damage to skills and waehounds alongside stuns them too a great CC ammo

Suggested Topics