ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ceekay.sickart
    Original poster 17 posts

Dear Ubisoft,

I want to commend you on the right move to apply temporary sanctions to Russia for their invasion of Ukraine and threat of a new world war. However, by forbidding Russian users to enter your store, you also sanctioned ALL THE OTHER former USSR countries simply because they have the same localization.

I live in Moldova. And my country is IP localized as Russian speaking, which is obviously WRONG. Moldova and Romania have the same spoken language: Romanian. Yet, you haven't set my country as part of Europe. The same goes for Ukraine, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and so on. All the former USSR countries have their own spoken language, yet you decided to IP-locate them as Russian-speaking simply because they were sometime ago part of the USSR. This is wrong. Specially now with the current affairs of the world.

So, on behalf of all the other former USSR countries, I ask you to either set us on the general English speaking localization, or at least the EMEA localization, because we're kind of... EMEA.

Most of your players from these countries CAN SPEAK ENGLISH! Because English is an international language. So please think about it and don't sanction the wrong people.

I understand Romanian, English, French, Russian, bits of Ukrainian and Spanish... Yet I'm categorized as Russian-speaking because of... history?

This is discrimination on Ubisoft's part.

Please make a new IP-localization or at least re-locate the non-Russia countries to other English localizations.

Thank you!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ratatooile
    18 posts

@ceekay-sickart yeah... they don`t care. I have been at it for months, nothing.

Suggested Topics