ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kale3l
    Original poster 21 posts

I just saw jorraptor who said he finnish the extension in 12 hours
    my question is [censored] the 40€
    you said 35 hours of content and now we have one third of it ?
    you said the map is 1/3 of england jorraptor just show it it's smaller than paris and same size of irland

it's not a extension it's just a little dlc

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Datastorm58
    4 posts

@kale3l Your going by some big shot streamer that just rips through the game...

• JCar4327
    705 posts

@kale3l He may have finished in 12 hours, but I find it likely he skipped a lot of stuff. I can assure you I will be at least 40 hours playing this expansion. I am not sure if it was worth the $40 at this point, but time will tell.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    636 posts

12 hours, he must have done the main missions and nothing else. Kinda like going to a restaurant and leaving most stuff on the plate. My playtime counter went up at least 30 hours and if I wanted all the arena prizes that might take additional ages.

• JCar4327
    705 posts

@xbl_laberbacke Yeah, I added at least 30 hours as well and still need like 10000 arena tokens to get all the stuff from her. That will take at least another 2 or 3 hours to complete. Overall it will land somewhere in the vicinity of 35 hours, but I do have to agree with OP that this does not seem like a major expansion and just a minor DLC. They claim it's the largest DLC in AC history, but I think that is fantastical because "Freedom Cry" from Black Flag seemed larger. The DLCs from Odyssey may be close to equal IMO. I think $40 was a bit steep and should have been more like $25 or $30; but hey, they get $22 for a gear set, ship and village cosmetics, and a couple weapons.

• davidtsmith333
    67 posts

@kale3l Ragnarok is huge bro. There's lots of stuff to do and definitely worth the $40 bucks plus you also got the Twilight pack as a bonus if you were smart enough to pre-order.
    Anyone who finishes it in 12 hours rushed through the game and didn't take the time to fully enjoy the ride.

• AtomeTreillis46
    2 posts

@kale3l I finish ragnarok 100% in less of 30 hours maybe 20h.

In fact the same time of other DLC. The price is not correct. Odyssey for example three big dlc for the same price.

Yes the game is very good but i 'll wait a little more for this price.

• AORUS2017
    346 posts

@jcar4327
    So if it's taking you 40 hours of playtime, that's $1.00 dollar an hour and you can't agree with the price! So what can you buy for $1😁

• JCar4327
    705 posts

@aorus2017 The $1 per hour price would normally be my argument, but when you compare the size of the DLC to the size of the other DLCs then it does not come close to warranting a $40 price tag. They pushed this as a major expansion of the game; the largest DLC in AC history, which it clearly is not, and at best is a minor DLC. I will use an example here. Far Cry 5, another Ubisoft title, sold for a similar price to Valhalla. The expansion, Far Cry: New Dawn, which left off where Far Cry 5 ended and expanded on the game with some of the old characters and several new characters, sold for $40. The time to complete New Dawn was roughly 2/3s the time it took to complete Far Cry 5. The time to complete Ragnarok was around 1/3 of the time it took to complete the main game. See the difference?

• AORUS2017
    346 posts

@jcar4327
    I don't believe all the Ubisoft Marketing hype and game media hype😀 So Norway, Vinland, and England combined was bigger than Origins and smaller then Odyssey. But England & Odyssey map was wasted with just landscape with huge big empty spaces in. To me it doesn't matter how big the map is as long there is allots locations on map and quest it's just a game to enjoy yourselves no matter what the prices is.

And This might be the last expansion😢

Suggested Topics