Moved Game keeps crashing during gameplay6 Likes/34 Replies/6829 ViewsUbisoft Support Staff Ubi-Thrupney 2657 posts
Hey @kyleallen87 , thanks for your post, and my apologies for the delay in responding. I'm sorry to hear you've also faced these crashes. Our teams are currently investigating a number of crashing issues, and I'd like to ask a few questions to help narrow this down. Can you answer the below for me?
- When did you start experiencing crashes? Was it after a particular update? If it was the whole time you've been playing, when did you first start playing?
- Does the crash occur when you do something specific in game such as fighting, viewing the map, riding a horse etc or if you are in a certain region or on a certain map?
- What is the current main story quest in your quest log?
- You've posted here in a thread about the Xbox One S specifically - can you confirm for me that this is the platform you've been playing on?
- What happens when the game crashes? Is there an error message? Do you get booted out back to the Xbox dash? What happens immediately before the crash?
Please let me know if I can clarify these questions, and thanks for your help with this.
DAsa2337 5 posts
Same here XBox Series X. Have hard reset console, uninstalled & reinstalled game, etc… every time I start uninvited guests the game crashes…. Extremely frustrating
A few months on, and Valhalla is still constantly crashing. Sometimes the game will play for an hour then randomly crash, sometimes like tonight, won’t even load (crashes at the load screen when you try to open last saved game). Outside of wiping everything and starting the game from new I have tried everything - and as I have done all dlc and Ragnarok I really don’t want to start afresh! Running on Xbox one X, and not having these issues with any other game…
help me, this is driving me insane - the game has crashed during loading 6 times so far tonight (after playing fine for 45 minutes earlier)…!?!!
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Keo 4257 posts
Hi @cp78mcuk I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Assassin's Creed Valhalla crashing.
We were aware of an issue that was reported previously on Xbox platforms where Eivor and NPC's were flickering and this would also occasionally cause crashing. However, this issue was resolved in the latest updated (1.5.3) that was released.
Can you please confirm the following:
- When did you first experiencing the crashes?
- Do you own a disc or digital version of the game?
- Is the game installed on your consoles internal hard drive or an external hard drive?
- How much free storage is left on the hard drive that the game is installed on?
- Do you experience the crashes in any specific locations/maps?
- When the game crashes are you doing any specific in game such as a raid? or are the crashes random?
Could you also try creating a new manual save and then exit the game to the main menu and close the game. Then can you relaunch the game and load the newly created manual save and see if the crashes persist.
yes I hoped the update would work for me but alas not. This problem has been ongoing for about 3 months. No logic as to when it crashes, and happens at random times (although once it happens, it will continually do it for long periods).
game is on internal storage and there is 1.3TB of space left - it is a digital version. Game and system is up to date.
confused why this is happening
Manual save made no difference, still crashing back to Xbox Home Screen
Randelia 156 posts
@cp78mcuk Since nothing has worked for you so far, this post is worth a shot: for me on PC I have significant less crashes after switching to "Fullscreen". My system installed with "Borderless" as default and that seems to have problems. I now have 1 or maybe even no crashes a day compared to 8 or more with borderless.
Alas no option for this on Xbox
NANDO1388 2 posts
YO ESTOY IGUAL DECARGUE LA NUEVA ACTUALIZACION Y CON LA LLEGADA DEL FESTIVAL YA NO ME DEJA JUGAR PUES SE CONGELA Y ME SACA DEL JUEGO X FAVOR ARREGLENLO
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Mark. 2554 posts
Thanks for reaching out!
I'm afraid that we can only provide support in English over discussions. As you mentioned crashes following the latest update and the festival, I can confirm that this is a known issue and its currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.