ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ApexXxero
    Original poster 79 posts

We can barely find a DZ server as it is on PC, and when we find one we're greeted with full blown hackers shooting through buildings across the map and killing you as soon as you come out of the checkpoints.

I know there have been NUMEROUS clips sent in and in game reports filed and these same cheaters have been running around for over a month. It's gotten so bad we can barely find a server with players because they are abandoning the DZ in droves because of the blatant hacking that is left unchecked. It's not even "Oh this player killed me, they must be hacking". The hackers are literally gunning players down through buildings, going solo manhunt on an entire server and wiping everyone before they can get out of the checkpoint.

What gives? Should we just go ahead and uninstall the game and abandon it as it seems the devs have? Consoles may be doing ok, but PC is practically dead and overrun with hackers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• echolecter
    306 posts

Nothing is going to happen, they don't ban people on daily basis. The should use automatic detection and flag users, then force them into the same session, cheat vs cheat. Just check latest the maintenance message, it's from Jan 11th. They don't spent any time on this game unless they really, really need to. Sending in reports is just a waist of time. If they would install the game on a PC themselves, create a character and go into DZ they would find plenty of players to ban within 30-60 minutes. But that doesn't happen, instead they ask players to make clips so they can have a good laugh watching them.

• ApexXxero
    Original poster 79 posts

@echolecter

That's the feeling I get. It's just pointless. That's not even taking in to account the bugs that have been in the game since day 1 and never get fixed. The cheaters completely ruin the PvP in this game.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1419958133?t=3h4m30s

This was a group that was playing last night. I timestamped it at the most relevant part. You can watch a little while before and after to see him killing players through buildings and across the map. He speedhacks as well. Sad part is there's multiple players like him that you run in to. Basically the game is unplayable while they're on. There's so few players left on PC that play the DZ because of this that you can't server hop. They are able to follow you around from server to server and continue killing you.

• N3mB0t
    980 posts

this game is hooked into a life support machine and unless that machine alarm goes off because some PVE player starts using a glitch to net a few more useless ponts or kill npc´s a bit faster , no one will come to check on the patient and machine will keep working as usual ... BEEEP , ... ,BEEEP , ... ,BEEEP , ... ,BEEEP , ... ,BEEEP , ...

• V4MPiR1
    247 posts

@n3mb0t

this game is hooked into a life support machine and unless that machine alarm goes off because some PVE player starts using a glitch to net a few more useless ponts or kill npc´s a bit faster , no one will come to check on the patient and machine will keep working as usual ... BEEEP , ... ,BEEEP , ... ,BEEEP , ... ,BEEEP , ... ,BEEEP , ...

This.

There is exactly no one currently working on this game, as I mentioned earlier in other threads, regarding significant internal dysfunction. Claims to the contrary are distractionary damage control attempting to maintain the illusion, by individuals whose purview does not make them privy to the actual goings-on.

Proof is in the stagnation.

As Nem mentioned before, the current best-case scenario is the completion and release of the intended and indefinitely postponed 'February' Title Update. Beyond that, I can virtually guarantee that any suggestions and feedback added to this forum daily are tantamount to feckless rumination.

In your case, Apex, I would operate under the presumption that no remedial measures will take place. The game is brought to you by artists, lacking both the technical expertise (esp. security) to combat cheating, and the initiative to hire those respective professionals.

• N3mB0t
    980 posts
    tantamount to feckless rumination.

love reading your posts because my english gets a classy upgrade everytime i do that 😂

• V4MPiR1
    247 posts

@n3mb0t LOL. Nice. 😂

• ApexXxero
    Original poster 79 posts

@v4mpir1 I'm starting to make my peace with this fact. The Division franchise quickly became a favorite after the release of the original game. I gave Division 2 a chance based on that. I was somewhat disappointed with the changes, mainly to the DZ, that they made. It's still a decent game though.

It's quickly becoming more and more difficult to log in and play. Aside from the obvious hackers, there's plenty of other issues. The laundry list of bugs that have been present since almost launch and have yet to be fixed is extensive. Apparently they've also managed to introduce more bugs rerunning seasons. Server instability is an everyday thing. Crashes are pretty much an everyday occurence as well.

I tried to set some new goals to keep me playing by starting Hardcore agent and checking off some of those related accomplishments, but with the crash to desktop issue it almost seems like it would be a wasted effort. There's more than one post about players losing their progress due to crashes.

My main issues:

• Crashes. They have to fix the crashes. They disrupt every aspect of gameplay, both PvE and PvP. They've only gotten worse since the "fix", not better.
    • Gear rebalance. Both PvP and PvE suffer from the fact that there aren't many options due to some gear being extremely effective and other gear being not really effective at all.
    • Cheating. Cheating ruins PvP. Period. This goes for the obvious magic bullet and aimbots all the way down to the glitches players use to boost their performance.
      • Hackers- We all know you can't stop every hacker, but atleast put a little more effort in to policing it. When I see the same hackers running around for months and shooting people through buildings and speed hacking. Something is wrong.
      • Aim Assist- This has fast became a problem on PC. After the video showing how players could activate aim assist while using mouse and keyboard was released, there has been a flood of glass cannon one shot builds in PvP. This needs to be addressed by limiting input to either mouse and keyboard or gamepad. Both should not be able to input without changing a menu setting.
      • Glitches-
        • There are apparently still glitches in the game that allow players to stack talents on weapons and increase damage or apply other talent effects. Someone needs to go back through and make sure that they are vetting how any functions that handle this are working.
        • The chest piece swap is a big issue in PvP as it allows a player to swap to a Perfectly Efficient Chestpiece while kitting and obtain the related bonus(400% bonus over 10s for Firewall), then immediately swap back to a chest piece with a damage talent. It also seems to make the process of applying a kit faster. Huge bonus for a player as it makes them extremely difficult to kill while also allowing them to return to using a damage talent while fighting. Several known streamers and YouTubers now use this as there appears to be no reperussions.

I could go on with a number of issues in the game, but it's just exhausting at this point. Those are a few big one that would at least help. A lot of them are PvP focused because I do a lot of PvP lately due to not wanting to run any number of the same missions for the umpteenth time. I still do some missions and maybe Summit occasionally, but it's gotten pretty stale and PvP is the only thing that is still somewhat dynamic.

• michalokkie
    3 posts

@apexxxero seems you can buy special boxes that you can connect between your router and Xbox, DZ Xbox is still reasonably OK... Only the spawn rapers etc.

• ApexXxero
    Original poster 79 posts

@michalokkie Imagine someone being able to target lock you atuomatically and shoot you 3 blocks away through buildings. It's that much fun...

• BT3241
    132 posts

The answer is very simple on this subject - do a search for Division 2 cheats - you will find many sites offering cheat packages with tech support to make sure you can cheat - all these cheat packages are immediately updated every time a fix is installed - its a paid for product that has support. Cheating is big business on the internet as long as they can counter with their package they will remain in business and cheating will go on.

• ApexXxero
    Original poster 79 posts

@bt3241 There's always going to be cheaters in PC games. There's nothing they can do to stop that. How you deal with them matters though. Why are players that are so obviously cheating left to play for months on end? It's not even questionable. They're speedhacking, shooting through buildings, sniping at 40m with a shotgun. It's just ridiculous that they can't even spend a little time each week cleaning that up.

• TxDieselKid
    328 posts

@apexxxero Because Massive/Ubi is too soft to do an actual full on hardware ban of them.

Ban every component of those computers along with the account.

End of story.

• Sock_Monkey
    531 posts

@apexxxero Wow, this was just last week?

I first encountered that player (HIT. x3) months ago. He repeatedly downed me from halfway across the DZ - through buildings and all.

I guess this confirms all the more cynical responses here and on this forum in general. He's been doing this for months, never changing his name, has been reported probably more times than you can count (and with plenty of video evidence), and Ubi has done...wait for it...absolutely nothing.

Well, the game will indeed be dead soon. In the waning days, every time I see this I just FT to another DZ - or out altogether if need be.

They won't fix it and don't care, so why give the hackers the numbers their fragile egos so desperately crave?

• TxDieselKid
    328 posts

@sock_monkey It's sad really, because there's some great concepts in the DZ, but poor management of it (PvP in general) has lead to a really poor end game experience in there.

• Sock_Monkey
    531 posts

@txdieselkid Agreed. I'd consider the DZ as-is a good starting point. There is much I'd change to the way contaminated gear is handled, how going rogue is done, etc.

Of course, it goes without saying all those changes would be after they fixed the cheating...if it's even possible.

• ArnudSwazaneger
    63 posts

Can't they just ban based on things like Game ID, IP Address/MAC and Machine ID and/or other Machine fingerprints?

I can't see cheaters being bothered to buy a new motherboard every time they get banned from the game, just to be banned all over again. It'd get very expensive very quickly for them.

• ApexXxero
    Original poster 79 posts

@arnudswazaneger

So they do ban by account, or what you're referring to as GameID. This is the most common way to ban in online gaming. Unfortunately, when games are past their peak years this does little to deter cheaters. At that point a replacement can be aquired for very little money. That's one of the reasons, aside from lack of updating, that cheaters are more prominent in older games.

IP banning doesn't work because IP addresses generally aren't static. Not only that, but due to limitations on the number of IPv4 addresses and the prominence of NAT, it's not an effective means of banning a single account.

HWID banning is a fairly effective means of banning most cheaters. However, hardware ID(HWID) spoofers can be used to manipulate the hardware id to bypass or prevent bans by producing a false ID to the anti-cheat program. The effectiveness of this varies depending on the anit-cheat and the spoofing software.

• HonestlyOK1986
    195 posts

@apexxxero https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/honestlyok1986/video/154604314

Welcome fo the xbox dz where cheaters just stand and wave at you...Skip to 1.40ish, its only a 2 min clip as a quick capture. Usually id put it down to the guy lagging out however usually when players lag out they run on the spot or dont move at all, not emote at you whilst remaining immune to all damage...

• Focus1now.
    15 posts

@apexxxero you really expect massive to do something about cheaters when they are cheaters themselves?

Suggested Topics