ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-Xki2pgXG
    Original poster 3 posts

Has anyone else had the issue with the new AC Valhalla expansion where all of your best runes are just gone!? I’m upset because I’ve put in almost 300 hours of play time here, only to lose all my most valuable boons. Please Ubisoft, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS, give me my runes back! I don’t even want to play Ragnarok now because I’m afraid I’ll be too weak. PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Metallo75
    198 posts

@guest-xki2pgxg Mine runes gone too,but only those that i put into store realted items,a bit again [censored] up.

• mentraton
    59 posts

You have one option to get them back but it requires a save before the upgrade to Ragnarök.
    You have to set your system to offline, load an older save where you still have the runes equipped, remove all runes from your equipment and save the game.

After that set your system back online and load that new save. Your items will again be upgraded to devine quality but you will have the extracted runes in your inventory and you can put them back to your items.

If you have played the DLC after the loss of your runes you have to choose if you will throw the progress away or get your runes back.

I can’t imagine a way for Ubi to restore the lost runes since they are saved locally in your savegame and the bug will delete them without an option to revert them.

By the way this bug is in the game since 2020 it occurred before with the berserker set from the special edition which lost the tier level temporarily and with this all equipped runes.

• guest-Xki2pgXG
    Original poster 3 posts

@mentraton man, that’s just a whole lot of extra work for something that shouldn’t even happen to begin with! I had all my good runes in my berserker set, and when they upgraded to divine quality, the runes aren’t socketed or even in my inventory. I understand what you’re saying, I just think it’s ridiculous that I have to go and now lose all my progress on the dlc if I want to have all my good runes back! Why did they disappear in the first place? And I feel as though they could definitely patch this somehow, although I’m no expert. We have the technology!

• ChuckKatse
    353 posts

To those of you effected by the Runes loss what a mess. I did not purchase the new expansion and after reading about the Runes loss I checked all my weapons and armor purchased thru the Ubisoft store and none have lost runes. So apparently it only effects those that purchased the expansion. After reading about all the different problems caused by the new expansion I am glad I held off on buying it.

• mentraton
    59 posts

@chuckkatse You can easy spot if you are affected. If you got a message on loading your save game that your items were upgraded and the color of them changed from gold to turquoise they lost all runes that were socked to them in the process.

If you had transmoged them they are also reset to their default style.

I think the bug is caused by the external influence to the game system. All shop items (I count Reda, Ubi Rewards and twitch items as shop items) are changed by this external process. Instead of the upgrade with the forge ingame which just change the tier level they are replaced by an other entity so all modifications to them (transmog and runes) are lost because the item is replaced by an other version of it.

That is the reason why I don’t think this will be fixable retroactively. Only the root cause may be fixable but that will be too late for many players.

• Ingel_Riday
    31 posts

Yeah, it happened to me too.

Thankfully, the damage was pretty minimal. I lost all my runes on the Moon-Scythe and my DLC Predator Bow (extra crit damage when full health). Otherwise, the rest of my runed equipment consisted of in-game items (Mentor Set, Fyrd Spear, the Gae Bologh I can never spell, Noden's Arc), so I wasn't completely buggered. It seems like only Helix Store items were affected.

That having been said, this is an incredible screw-up on Ubisoft's part. They've pushed the micro-transactions HARD for this game. I read somewhere that they've made almost a billion dollars doing so over the past year and a half, which wouldn't surprise me though I'm sure the figure is hyperbolic. Point being, there is over $300 worth of DLC in this game. People using Helix Store armor and weapons lost ALL their socketed runes. In some cases, I don't think those runes can be re-earned (looking at you, Frankia unique runes). In other cases, you're at the mercy of the RNG God and will just have to hope that the merchant / random high-level mobs drop what you need.

I don't know how this passed Q&A. I really don't. It's not the first time runes have been eaten in this game (I lost all my runes on my two sickle blades because the Wild Hunt event fight-club lets you pick a weapon category to use. If you pick the sickle sword category, it equips you with such said sickle blades and DELETES the runes on them. I was [censored] and I have never used them again), but at this scale? Potentially every existing customer that pre-ordered Dawn of Ragnarok just lost ALL their runes on their micro-transaction gear. That's incredible, haha. They'll never get them back, either. How will Ubisoft know which runes you lost? They don't keep a record of your character build or loadout on a server. They're just gone.

Just... jeez. I actually feel bad for the team. I have no idea how they didn't catch this.

Edit Addition: Oh, as a potential way out for some of you... I read online that one trick you can do is to:

1. Put Ubisoft Connect in Offline Mode
    2. Load a save BEFORE the Helix Store items were upgraded to Divine
    3. Remove your runes from all Helix Store items.
    4. Save

Then when you exit the game, get back online, and then load it up... you're fine.

I just tried it and it works, thank God. I'm personally only losing an hour of doing 3 Reda missions and selling resources in Ireland for cash to buy Skill scrolls. In exchange, I'm getting back my runes from my Fenrir Shield, my Moon-Scythe, my DLC Predator Bow, my Surtr Greatsword, and a weird Helix Store flail. Gadzooks, man. Imagine if I relied on auto-save instead of cycling the 20 manual saves we get. I'd be out of luck, given how often the game auto-saves. Oi vey. I'm just grateful for crazy, ranting, angry YouTube commentators that were raving about this. If not for them, I wouldn't have known to look for this and I wouldn't have found out in time to save myself.

• ChuckKatse
    353 posts

@mentraton I was not effected. Never got any message. Like I said I have not purchased the expansion and that is the key to the problem. I will wait until this mess is fixed to purchase the new expansion whenever that will be. Ubisofts's quality control needs some serious work. Testing prior to releasing new content would solve a lot of the problems players experience. Of course Ubisoft is not about quality only money.

• Hawkspire_23
    3 posts

Urg...

I had noticed there was something messed up with my runes on some of my armor but didn't realize how far it went.

I will attempt to find a save prior to the new content, guessing that would have been about 3/5 or so, but darn it, what a serious lot of extra work.

This is exceptionally lame.

I have really liked Valhalla a lot and have continued to play even though I was maxxed out some time ago and was waiting on Ragnarok. I am 2/3 finished with the new abilities and will have to start over I guess. Blechk again.

• Ingel_Riday
    31 posts

By the way, just wanted to say: thanks, all.

Between YouTube videos and your advice, my bacon was saved and I got to keep all my runes. I honestly can't thank you enough. I think I'm getting the experience as intended now. As in, all my Helix Store items are now Divine quality and pretty much maxxed out in terms of upgrades (just a few boxes to go) AND I didn't lose 20 or so runes in the process. The "entitled to Store items being upgraded to Divine quality" perk of pre-ordering is actually a perk now, as it was likely intended to be in the first place. I'm super relieved.

Whew! You guys and gals are a good community. I think I'll leave all the store gear un-runed for the foreseeable future until after any future hotfix, when I'm sure I'm safe. 😛

• nerex33
    15 posts

Same thing has happened to me before. This is getting real old, Ubi. Smaller Dev studios like Digital Extremes do not make these errors and should something occur, they hotfix scripts out to fix the 'oof', so a Triple A studio with the massive dev teams and amount of experience, this just shouldn't be happening. Learn from the little guys, I guess. A bit backwards, but yeah.

• Hawkspire_23
    3 posts

I spent the time last night on the older save removing all runes in offline mode and then reconnected.

I'll get my gear re-runed now and hope this does not happen again.

Suggested Topics