ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Deflagosseur
    Original poster 47 posts

Were you trying to make the most ridiculous game of the franchise?

The supremo, really?! What the actual [censored] is that?
    Car bumper attachments, again, what the [censored] is that?
    Overheating silencer, yet again, the [censored] is that? I'm no weapon expert but I highly doubt a silencer overheats after 10 shots and stops working for a few seconds.
    Resolver, I'm a man of few words I guess because, again, [censored]?
    Libertad paths/roads, I love how more than half the roads are only used by libertad yet, when I set a way point it won't use them so, gj on that.

You basically took a bunch of stuff (not necessarily the best ones) from the previous titles and combined them and made this game.

It is still decent, immersive and fun but man am I frowning all the time.

Also, the two difficulty levels, how I wish you were more accurate in your descriptions, I picked story mode since I like to explore more than anything and description seemed to fit that but, yeah, again, [censored]? I was standing on top of a tiny house with like 4-5 enemies shooting at me, took them at least a minute to kill me to kill me. Description should've been more like: story mode, for blind people who wants to try anyway.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Deflagosseur
    Original poster 47 posts

After playing a while, I feel like you've put so much efforts into making the world "complete" with a lot of depth that you've neglected some "core feature"

Like fast travel, half of the time I try to, it says I'm in combat when in fact, my radar isn't even blinking, there are no enemies around but just because of an explosion I made caught the attention of soldiers 1km away I'm considered in combat? Sure they heard the explosion but there is no way they know it's me, that's silly.

Also, very often I can't fast travel because (I guessed/figured) I'm in a radio conversation, now I suppose that make very little sense, but for the sake of the argument let's pretend you did this so we do not miss key information by canceling a conversation, now that would make sense but considering the freaking dialogues trigger E-VE-RY SINGLE TIME we get close to a target, that's actually a major [censored] feature.

The wingsuit controls, "Lshift" to open, that's fine, "spacebar" for parachute, again, that's fine, "e" to cancel wingsuit, also fine but the moment you get close to the ground, "spacebar" stops working and "e" becomes the parachute key... who came up with that?

Cockfighting controls, by default, moving is stil "AWSD" but the attacks are "JKL" who taught of that? Same person who did the wingsuit controls obviously. I realize I can change the key bindings, I already did that but seriously, fire whoever made the default controls.

As much as I love the game, the issues mentioned here are driving me nuts and quite frankly, makes me want to slap some of you in the back of the head.

• teh_greg
    97 posts
    The wingsuit controls, "Lshift" to open, that's fine, "spacebar" for parachute, again, that's fine, "e" to cancel wingsuit, also fine but the moment you get close to the ground, "spacebar" stops working and "e" becomes the parachute key... who came up with that?

I swear, they changed this somewhere around the time the Joseph DLC dropped. I remember skydiving like crazy while platinuming the base game and being able to open up the parachute at the very last second before hitting the ground. Now you have to open it up way in advance because there is no way to tell when the parachute prompt disappears.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

I couldnt agree more. As I've said to friends before - FC6 is a Just Cause 4 expansion. You are Rico's younger brother/cousin sent to Yara. Im convinced the FC6 dev team are huge Just Cause fans because this game feels exactly like that. The only thing missing is the infinite parachute and rocket pack.

The weapons in FC6 are dreadful, obviously made by people with no knowledge of them. The glowing overheating suppressors are hilarious. The ballistics are laughable.

Then theres all the clown stuff - companion crocodile, cart-towing dog & attack rooster. Along with the ridiculous superpowers some weapons give you along with Ubi favorites xray vision, xray tagging, in game wallhack. Its like they want to take all the challenge and fun out of a game. Hand holding X 1000.

The massive annoyance for me though are the rebels. So the people battling the tyrant are a bunch of EDM ravers plucked from a beach party. Riding into a gunfight on a zebra bare midriff and all. All thats missing is some cheesy trance.

Difficulty mode - they really really need to fix this and give us an Immersive Mode like they did with GR Breakpoint. Only allowed 2 weapons, tougher enemies.

This release is - pardon the pun - a FAR CRY from what the FC1/2/3/4/Primal bought to the table. After that it all went downhill. Now we are at the bottom and I got a bad feeling FC7 will be even worse.

Im going back to the old ones , currently enjoying a playthrough of FC4

• Deflagosseur
    Original poster 47 posts

@dv20katana Now that you mention it, I did get a 'just cause' vibe. And yeah, a lot of goofy stuff.

As for far cry 7, it will probably be in russia and I surely will enjoy killing putin and his army of turds.

• AngusVohaul
    5 posts

@teh_greg Yes, it changed around then I think. It's worse on a controller because now the normal 'Open Parachute' button disappears near the ground and the only choice is a long-hold 'Close Wingsuit' button, which does the same thing but takes forever when you least have it. It has to be a mistake from then that they didn't bother to correct this time around. It's hard to imagine no one officially reported it. There's no logical reason for it and yet they took a lot of fun out of wingsuiting, and probably won't ever fix or explain it. If there is a reason for the change they could at least share it with players. But they don't do communication because the community doesn't deserve it? (I think they despise their player base, but that's another thread.) One thing that helps is to come in a little more horizontally, but that's not where the fun adrenaline is. That last split-second open was sweet. And it's gone.

• Deflagosseur
    Original poster 47 posts

Just when I thought I was done with all the [censored]...

I started the last mission... like many games, the last mission locks you out of the game for its duration which is fine I suppose but did you really have to take away all the gears I worked for just because its a semi undercover mission. I understand taking away the supremo, resolver weapons and vehicles but did you have to give me not only just two weapons but probably the [censored] of them all and AN UNSILENCED PISTOL FOR A STEALTH MISSION?

But wait there's more, you know how during THE WHOLE campaign you get keys to locked doors from officers? Well not in this one, because reasons.

But wait, there's more, you know how before going in, you can scout the area with your binocular to spot enemies and alarms, well that still works so to [censored] things up a little, we decided that new enemies would spawn on top of you even though no alarms were activated but because we did not know how to make the mission hard enough to be worthy of a game's last mission.

At this point I am genuinely wondering if you're trying to kill the franchise.

I enjoyed the game most of the time but every now and then, a [censored] mission comes up. Also [censored] is up with esperanza? I already thought it was dumb to have two indestructible anti air cannons but for the sake of it, I just imagined they were hidden somehow, I guess you did not want us to rain havoc on the city with helicopters and planes, fair enough but why the [censored] can't I parachute or wingsuit from a second floor when I was able to do it the whole time, anti air cannon present or not, just another cheap way of making the end game "harder".

edit: turns out it was not the last mission but that does not change much does it.

• teh_greg
    97 posts

As much as I loved the whole game, Esperanza was just a blatant artificial extension of the game by making an "unparachutable" maze that would be nicely scripted for the final missions.

+ Make the entire area hostile so you can't fast travel out of it to keep the player in the game for longer. Dying doesn't respawn you in a safe area either.

Oh, and let's add an untrackable, collectible side quest that spans over the entire area too.

Instead of being the highlight of the game and satisfying finale it was a boring slog.

The game gives you so much fun and freedom only to take that all away at the end.

• Deflagosseur
    Original poster 47 posts

Oh my, I just tried Vaas dlc, I was pleased at first but that did not last very long.

Suggested Topics