ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• wckrick
    Original poster 6 posts

I've noticed that there are mods that have the same percentage but have different actual values. I suspect that the problem is that the mods should actually include a decimal but are incorrectly rounded up to a whole number percentage. Here's a screenshot of a few that I've collected...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    1007 posts

Yep, you are right that this way of displaying the quality of some mods is a bit... confusing. But it is not to out disadvantage, but to our advantage.

The first thing to know is that the relevant number is the actual number written above the bar. That's the percentage of for example Damage Bonus you will get for the shield mods.

The second good thing to know is that the bars generally only are a visual indication. And they do not start at 0 (which is true for every value of every attribute, no matter whether we're talking about mods or Weapon Damage on a Fenris chest or Health Damage on an AR) – they start at the lowest possible value of that stat. At the minimum quality so to say. Because at level 40 even the worst Fenris chest will not drop with 1% Weapon Damage. The minimum quality for this attribute is – I believe – 5%. Let's just say 5%. So the bar for said Fenris vest shows the range between 5% (bar is empty) and 15% (bar is full).

Now the same is true for your 5% Damage Bonus shield mods. I think the lowest possible value for these mods is 3%?! So the bar only shows the range between 3% and 5%.

The main difference with the Damage Bonus Skill Mods is now that they (as some rare Skill Mods) do not have decimal digits. So they will either have 3%, 4%, or 5%. While for example mods for Holstered Regeneration can have 4.1%, 4.2%, 4.3% and so on. Don't ask why – this is just the way it is.

So when you know receive a new Damage Bonus Skill Mod (for example as a drop from an enemy), the game will determine an overall quality of that drop. If you're lucky it will be of 100% quality – equalling true 5% Damage Bonus with a completely filled bar. If the overall quality of your new mod should only be 90%, the bar will only be filled up to 90%. But as a percentage this mathematically would equal 4.8% Weapon Damage. But as we remember – we do not have decimal digits here. Thus the actual Damage Bonus of your mod will be rounded to and correctly shown as 5%.

And that is the reason for this discrepancy.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@noxious81 Hey there! Thank you for posting here and for going into detail, on how and why the mods are shown the way they are. We couldn't have put it better!

Hi @wckrick . Thanks for posting and bringing this to our attention. Your provided screenshots are much appreciated, also.

We're happy to forward both of these comments on to the game team as feedback. If there's a way the team could reassess this, or if you have any further feedback on the percentages being displayed for these mods, please be sure to let us know.

Official Response
  • wckrick
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-nacho Thanks for passing this along to the dev team. I'm playing on PS4 if it matters. I didn't mention that in my original post. Note that these aren't the only mods that have this issue, these are just the few that I took screenshots of. Another thing I noticed is that all of the mods that have this display bug are single digit percentages and they don't have the "plus" sign in front of the number.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @wckrick, appreciate your response as well as detailed input on the issue, this will be extremely beneficial information to have for reproduction purposes.

Taken into account that you've stated that you've provided screenshots showing this with some of the skill mods, can I double-check whether there are any other ones? If there are, would you be able to tell us what it is?

Let us know!

Official Response
  • wckrick
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-karl

I think I found another one. They are both for the same ballistic shield "circuit board slot" and are both allegedly 1% Damage Bonus per enemy but one is clearly maxed at 1% while the other is not.

• wckrick
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-karl

One final skill mod (cosmetic) oddity that I found was this mod that has a yellow bar for some reason. For all the other mods I checked, the bar is white (see my previous uploaded images for reference)...

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3348 posts

Thanks for these @wckrick , I've passed these onto the team!

Appreciate it!

Official Response

Suggested Topics