ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Gui_Heinen
    Original poster 8 posts

Severe stuttering issue in Dawn of Ragnarök DLC during autosaves (PS4), pretty annoying for the fluidity of the gameplay. The same thing happens in the base game, but it's much worse in the DLC.

Gameplay recorded today: https://usaupload.com/63VJ/AC_Valhalla_Stuttering_Issue.mp4

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2925 posts

Hello @gui_heinen,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing stuttering.

I must admit that I haven't encountered this issue while testing on my console, to be honest. Can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? Secondly, can you please reinstall your game? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this issue.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Gui_Heinen
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-mark Hello,

Thank you for the attention. I performed all the steps mentioned and reinstalled the game, it didn't work.

The game has minor stutterings and more severe ones, depending on the area. And it happens every time the autosave appears on the screen. I marked on my map the area where I saw the most annoying ones (same place located in my video), so you can check in your console too:

https://ibb.co/gF0PGgp: (https://ibb.co/gF0PGgp) (around the perimeter of the dwarf shelter exit).

I mean, I really think a little performance patch would help a lot. If we at least had the option to turn off autosave it would be good as well.

• Gui_Heinen
    Original poster 8 posts

It's actually curious that you didn't notice the same problem on your PS4, because even the base game has minority stutterings every time the autosave pops up. Even more so when I notice that the problem does not appear in other open world games and my console was cleaned not long ago...

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 940 posts

@gui_heinen No worries - thank you for your reply. We've seen this issue in some new-gen PlayStations, so I've gone ahead and added this to our team's report. Can you also let me know if you're using performance mode or resolution mode? Is auto-saving the only time you notice the stuttering?

Official Response
  • Gui_Heinen
    Original poster 8 posts

Thanks @ubi-spacecats

I'm playing on a PS4 Slim so there is no performance or resolution mode. It's standard 1080p, no HDR. And yes, stuttering only happens when autosave pops.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 940 posts

@gui_heinen Ah, thank you, and apologies for my oversight. I've added your information to our team's investigation of this issue. Keep your eye on News & Announcements page, as well as the Assassin's Creed Twitter for any updates or announcements.

Official Response

Suggested Topics