ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Nodzeth
    Original poster 17 posts

[Notice] I was unable to find the corresponding PS4 freeze/crash report thread. Only found the PC thread.

Gameplay

Currently if there is any area within the Dawn of Rangarok DLC that is largely filled with gold treasure, the PS4 will sometimes freeze.
    Unable to post video/force replicate. Unable to gather the corresponding Error Code. No code listed in Bug Reports via PS4's main Settings.

Character Menu

When out in the wild for Dawn of Ragnarok, anywhere, frequently when browsing my weapons, and armor for their individual sub-menus via items (Chest, cloak, helmet, Main Hand, Offhand, etc.), the game would freeze completely.

Specifics:
    Freezing started after grabbing the Hreidmar's armorset.

•Addeded two purification runes. (1 on Torso, other on Cloak for Hreidmar's armorset)
    •Changed the appearance of the Fallen Hero a few times.
    •Removed the customizations of every item I had, including the Fallen Hero cosmetics that I originally did.
    •Equipped the Shinobi (Night) armorset
    •Fast traveled away.

In this order.

Equipping the Fallen Hero Brestplate, Greaves, and Coak would cause a freeze.

I'm able to navigate through all of the other menus, walk around freely, and fast travel.
    I'm also able to equip other armors.
    Unable to take a video, but able to force replicate. No code listed in Bug Reports via PS4's main Settings.

Each one of these freezes I'd have to either manually turn off the PS4 by either pressing the button, using the PS4's side menu, or completely unplug the PS4. If the game freezes then I have to wait a few seconds, open the PS4's side menu and select restart. Depending on how swiftly navigate around the menus, the PS4 would freeze completely.

I'll update this the more I toy with the issue.

My only assumption is a memory leak, or something to do with the
    Hreidmar Armorset, currpoting armor peices of other armorsets.

Trouble Shooting a Temp Fix
    I'm currently still trying to find how to undo this freezing loop for the armor

•Fast traveled back to Hodda Shelter to change the cosmetics of the Shinobi (Night) armor
    •Went into my inventory, hid all of my Shinobi (Knight) armor that I originally had equipped
    •Talked to the Smith
    •Changed appearance of Shinobi Brestplate to Fallen Hero brestplate, and removed the change (no freeze)
    •exited out of blacksmit menu
    Swamped the Shinobi breastplate with the Fallen Warrior breastplate. (No Freeze)

*Repeated process for other Fallen Hero with Fallen Hero breastplate Equipped (Game Froze)

•Repeated process, but left the Fallen Hero Brestplate, and Shinobi Hood unhidden (No Freeze)

*Exited out of Blacksmith Menu to equip the real Fallen Order Cloak with only the Breastplate, and Cloak items both unhidden (Game Froze.)

•Repeated original process with every armor piece.

○Game Froze only when more than one Fallen Hero armor piece is equipped, via inventory armor sub-menus, at the same time)

(made separate save for each step)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5950 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. We've just received an update from the dedicated teams regarding the crashes / freezes experienced during the Dawn of Ragnarok cutscenes. A fix for this technical issue is due to be deployed in TU 1.5.2, which will be released May 24th 2022. You can read the patch notes for this update here!

If you are still experiencing crashes / freezes when changing gear / runes following the release of TU 1.5.2, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread. When providing a report, please include a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • That you are still experiencing crashes / freezes when changing gear / runes.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheDarkspine
    3 posts

I just acquired the Hreidmar set in dawn of ragnarok. I set 4 of the runes in and then went and grabbed the last one I needed up north. After I set the last one in I tried to equip the set and immediately on trying to equip the chesplate, it crashed.
    I reloaded and successfully equipped the gloves and the boots and then tried the helmet and it crashed again. I reloaded for a third time and decided to try equipping a different armor set so I tried thor's cape and it crashed again.
    I have not had this issue at all while playing the expansion until I picked up the hreidmar set. Also if this means anything the set I had on already is the fallen hero set.

• Khrel.
    6 posts

if you wanna equip Hreidmars Armor... go to England and equip it there. It wont freeze. At least for me 😉

• Nodzeth
    Original poster 17 posts

@ubi-borealis Yes, I have done the listed troubleshooting provided. The freezes with my armor items only occurred directly after picking up the Hreidmar armor set. After picking it up, I tacked in the two cure runes, and proceeded to, customize my armor.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for confirming that you've tried the suggested troubleshooting steps, @Nodzeth, and for letting me know that the freezes only started occurring after picking up the Hreidmar armour set.

You mention in your original report that you're unable to capture a video. Would this be capturing a video via the PlayStation console, or are you able to capture a video using an external device (such as a mobile device)? Having a video of the freeze occuring once the Hreidmar armour is equipped would be very helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Nodzeth
    Original poster 17 posts

@ubi-borealis I'm simply unable to transfer the video to post it. It's the Fallen Hero armor that's causing me to crash. I just tested the Hreidmar armor, and I didn't crash. I equipped the Fallen Hero armor, and I crashed.

• Ubi-Borealis

I see, thanks for letting me know that, @Nodzeth.

Just to clarify, does the freeze / crash only occur in Svartalfheim? Or has it occurred outside of Svartalfheim as well? Once we've been able to establish this, I'll be able to forward your report to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Nodzeth
    Original poster 17 posts

@ubi-borealis Yes, it crashed only in Svartalfheim. I extremely appreciate you working with the player base diligently.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing me with all of that information, @Nodzeth!

I've now forwarded the report you've shared with us to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at this. If we require any additional information about your experience, we'll reach out within this thread.

In the meantime, I would recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • WesJet224
    1 posts

I’ve been playing the dawn of ragnarok dlc and every time I change my armour the game will just freeze. No error message it just freezes it worked once but now I’m wearing one piece of a set and the rest another set unable to use a full set bonus until the glitch is fixed.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @WesJet224! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing freezing when changing your armour set. If you haven't already, I'd recommend trying some basic troubleshooting steps for your platform. These troubleshooting steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes/freezes in-game, such as checking for missing/corrupted files. You can find the dedicated support articles below:

If the issue continues to persist after trying these steps, would you be able to provide us with some more information about this?

• Which platform do you play on (PC/PS/Xbox)?
    • Have you been able to try all of the suggested troubleshooting steps for your platform, linked above?
    • Do these crashes / freezes only happen whilst in Svartalfheim? Or have they encountered outside of this realm?
    • Did the crashes first start after collecting the Hreidmar armour set?
    • Which armour set do you currently have equipped? Which armour set seems to trigger the crash?
    • Do you have any videos that demonstrate the crashes / freezes occuring in-game? These would be helpful for further investigation.

If you'd like to share any images or videos with us, I'd recommend uploading them to a sharing platform first, such as Google Drive or One Drive. This will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • X-BERG_Bartman
    3 posts

same here on ps5. even changing runes ends in freezing.

• TheDarkspine
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis I have tried going to England and I still had the crash happen. I've since messed around and tried to equip the jotun set too and several other miscellaneous pieces of gear from the base game and they all cause a crash.

• KaraKaori
    3 posts

Also experiencing freeze issues.

Started after getting the cursed armor. At this point I’ve cleansed it all, but every time I try to equip *any* armor, the game freezes. The visible pieces of my current armor (legs, and when needed, cloak of berserker armor) is appearance-shifted. And am able to do change appearances at Svart blacksmiths. Am also able to browse all stats, and, as stated, change runes and whatnot of unequipped armors. But the second I click on any piece of any armor, BAM. Game over.

The armor, it seems, is truly cursed.

EDIT: Went back to England, changed a couple pieces, then it froze again. Undid ALL my appearance changes (still in England), first piece I tried to change (one that worked before) froze me. All bugged out.

• AwakentheDead
    21 posts

@ubi-borealis

Greetings, PS5 NA, Dawn of Ragnarok Expansion. Game crashed to Home Screen only AFTER picking up the cursed amor in the shelter and attempting to slot the runes. First attempt, game crashed when trying to slot a rune on a second piece of cursed armor. Second attempt, was able to slot all the runes but the game crashed in the quest dialog for “The Masters”. Game crashes have not happened in the game prior to picking up the cursed armor.

I will try to continue the story without collecting the armor.

Update: After restarting the game I was loaded into the cutscene for The Masters quest. Didn’t even have a choice. The scene played fine and I was able to finish the story arc. However, I can not equip any other piece of armor without the game freezing. I still have the cursed armor in my inventory and all pieces have runes in them. I even went to England, Isle of Skye, and other places to try and swap gear. The game just freezes.

I will try to remove the runes from the cursed armor and then see if I can swap gear.

Update 2: Was able to remove all runes from the cursed armor. Was able to equip 1 piece of armor from another set but when I went to equip a second piece of armor of the second set the game froze again. I’m also equipped with the Fallen Legend armor set but I don’t think that is culprit since the issue didn’t occur until after collecting the cursed armor.

• jemocles
    1 posts

joining specifically to say that i'm also encountering the fallen legends armor glitch. i've found and equipped the whole set, now when i try to change runes, OR EVEN try to unequip/change my armour, the game freezes completely.

i play on ps5. i've troubleshooted. i've deleted and reinstalled the game. still happening. this is really freaking annoying.

edit: it's happening in england too.

• F0D0K
    10 posts

@Ubi-Borealis

About the crash i recorded here:

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your reports about crashes / freezes encountered during "Dawn of Ragnarok" whilst changing your gear loadouts. I've separated the reports about this specific issue into a thread of its own, so I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this move. Creating a single thread will help us to collect information and share updates into the investigation into this specific technical issue.

I can confirm that the dedicated teams have been notified of this issue, and they are looking into this further. To help with the ongoing investigation, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which platform do you play on (PC/PS/Xbox)?
    • Do these crashes / freezes only happen whilst in Svartalfheim? Or have they encountered outside of this realm?
    • Did the crashes first start after collecting the Hreidmar armour set?
    • Which armour set do you currently have equipped? Which armour set seems to trigger the crash?
    • Do you have any videos that demonstrate the crashes / freezes occuring in-game? These would be helpful for further investigation.

If you'd like to share any images or videos with us, I'd recommend uploading them to a sharing platform first, such as Google Drive or One Drive. This will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

@X-BERG_Bartman, @TheDarkspine, @KaraKaori, @AwakentheDead, @jemocles, @F0D0K - I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these crashes. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and for letting us know what you've tried in-game to resolve the issue.. Would you be able to provide us with all of the requested information from above? We can then forward your report to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheDarkspine
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis I'm glad to know it's being worked on!
    To answer those questions:

• I'm playing on PS5
    • The freezes happen inside and outside of svartalfheim. I've tried going to England and even the isle of skye and still had the exact same issues occur.
    • Yes, I first noticed the freezes after acquiring the hreidmar set.
    • Currently I have the fallen hero set on. From my experiments it seems like once this bug starts, any armor set will trigger it. Sometimes I can manage to swap a piece or 2 out before it freeze but that's inconsistent and it very well may freeze my game again if I try those same pieces after I restart the game.
    • So while capturing the footage for this I have made a discovery. I got footage of it crashing but thought maybe I should record another to be more informative. As I stated above, the crashes are seemingly inconsistent despite what set I use. In the crash video I just randomly grab the Rus boots and it crashes. In the second video though I manage to get on the entire huntsman set, replacing my fallen hero set. I'm then even able to put on my purified hreidmar chest with no issues!

Here is the crash footage:

Here is the footage of it not crashing:

I didn't include it in my video where I got it to work because frankly I was afraid to touch anything but I've messed around a bit. I put the fallen hero chest back on and them spammed around my capes and didn't get a crash but the moment I put the fallen hero cape on, it crashed again. I believe that armor is one of the key issues here.

• Nodzeth
    Original poster 17 posts

Sad to say, but I'm now not able to put any runes into my shields either. Sometimes, rarely, I would freeze when putting runes into weapons as well. I've tried multiple shields, light/heavy, and I get the same issue.

Suggested Topics