ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dacamster
    Original poster 11 posts

Hi,

Normally don't like the negative posts but wanted to share my opinion here and see if this is in the mind of others too.

Wrath of the druids and the french dlc were both interesting in their own ways but both honestly felt kind of small compared to the base game and were quite expensive. Thankfully the season pass helped a little there but this new ragnarok dlc isnt included in the pass as far as I know and in australian dollars (my local currency) it's $60 for this dlc.

I have to weigh that up against other options, I don't remember the original cost of the previous two dlc but I believe they launched at about $25 USD each which is like $35 AUD. Let's presume i got the base game at the curent price retail stores have of $80. That would mean i've already dropped $150 for the game so far. Now the first 80 was amazing, soooo much to do, the next $70 for the two dlc was mitigated by the season pass making it cheaper, but in terms of content compared to base game it does not even come close in size. Norway and America (i forget what valhalla called america ingame) might be about the same size/content as those two dlc and the price of the two dlc almost matched the base game! Now i look at ragnarok and i can't help but say "holy s**t, that's a lot of money did they add in another country or world the same size as England for us to explore?" I can't speak to the quality of the dlc yet as I havn't finished it.

Now i love valhalla, it has been a 10/10 experience for me but looking forward we have heard the next AC game will incorporate new live service elements and I can't help but worry, will we be getting $50 dlc drops 2-4 times a year for the next 5-10 years? That is a loooot of money......

If these DLC are them adding in new countries and new assassins from around history at different points in history it will no doubt be amazing, but I'm hesitant to expect anything as awesome as that, that is some world of warcraft sized dlc.

I worry we will be buying the next game in 2023 and then dropping up to $100 a year on that same game to return twice a year and play new zones before dropping off again. While I hope the dlc will be engaging and fresh if it is anything like valhalla so far it will be more of the same just reskinned with a new system or two to distract us.

I understand that the next game isnt coming this year and so the Valhalla DLC is the main revenue source from vassassins creed in the meantime but this is starting to feel like diminishing returns

Eager to hear what others think.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics