ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ace3001
    Original poster 12 posts

For some reason, AC Valhalla (Ubisoft+ version) starts in Japanese, even though in Ubisoft Connect the language setting is English
    Each time I start the game, I have to change the interface language and subtitle language to English
    But next time it forgets and reverts to Japanese

I suspect this is reading my PC's "non-unicode locale" setting, but I always had that setting on Japan, and AC Valhalla did not exhibit this issue the last time I played, which was back when Siege of Paris launched.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

@ace3001 Hey there! Sorry to hear you're dealing with this issue with the language settings defaulting.

For this issue, we'll need to look into your account and potentially some system files, so I invite you to reach out to us privately via our Support Website, Twitter DMs, or Facebook PMs. 
    Please also include a brief description of your issue, and if you're contacting through Social Media, please make sure to also include the username and email address associated with your Ubisoft account.

Thank you in advance!

Official Response
  • ace3001
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-spacecats Thanks for the response
    I just switched the non-unicode region temporarily to English until I finished the Dawn of Ragnarok campaign so that it would keep my English setting
    (And sure enough it did)
    I'll see if I can send in a message on Twitter anyway but not important now

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 240 posts

Hey @ace3001 and thanks for the update! Glad to hear you've founda a way to sort it out!

If you have any further questions, or require further assistance, let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics