ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Greenpigman2019
    Original poster 5 posts

I’ve been trying to play dawn of Ragnarok but I’m stuck on a cutscene in the mission the masters every time it gets a few lines in it will freeze then crash to home screen ive tryed to get past it for a few hours now but nothing has worked how I fix it I’ve tryed deleting and reinstalling didn’t help

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5943 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. We've just received an update from the dedicated teams regarding the crashes / freezes experienced during the Dawn of Ragnarok cutscenes. A fix for this technical issue is due to be deployed in TU 1.5.2, which will be released May 24th 2022. You can read the patch notes for this update here!

Several crashes and freezes during cutscenes.

If you are still experiencing crashes / freezes during cutscenes following the release of TU 1.5.2, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread. When providing a report, please include a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • Which cutscenes you are experiencing crashes / freezes in.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • galantancient
    1 posts

I started playing dawn of Ragnarok a few days ago and got to the first meeting with Brokkr after waiting for him at night. When i went to initiate the story the game just freezes and crashes. I HAVE TRIED IT SEVERAL TIMES AND EACH TIME IT CRASHES. I can't continue with the story at all. I can't even load out to an earlier save.

It also crashed after the fight with vangr can't remember her name exactly. The ice giant and the end conversation just didn't play, the game was running i could move, shoot. etc but i was stuck ... it fixed after i exited the game and ended it and restarted from the same place but brokkr doesn't work . Is this a known issue i'm on series x didn't think i'd have this issue.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2309 posts

Hello @galantancient,

Sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing.

This is definitely not right and I cannot see any other similar reports to this one. Can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? Secondly, can you please reinstall your game? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this issue.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2309 posts

Hello @greenpigman2019,

Sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing. Can you please clarify in which cutscene this crash happens?

Also, can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? Secondly, can you please reinstall your game? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this issue.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I've merged together several threads about experiencing crashes / freezes whilst specifically playing the "Dawn of Ragnarok" expansion. I apologise if any ongoing conversations have been disrupted by this merge. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all information and updates in an easy-to-find place.

Please note that if you are experiencing crashes / freezes whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla outside of Svartalfheim, please can you either create a new thread or, if a PC player, share your report in our dedicated Megathread for general crashes / freezes in Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

I'm sorry to hear that a number of you are experiencing crashes / freezes whilst playing the "Dawn of Ragnarok" expansion. Looking that the reports that have been shared within this thread so far, it looks like the following could be triggers for these technical issues:

• Being in "busy" areas, such as areas full of treasure.
    • Freezing whilst browsing the in-game menus.
    • Freezing after collecting / equipping the Hreidmar set.
    • Crashes / freezes during cutscenes.

If you have encountered these technical issues during your playthrough of Dawn of Ragnarok, we would recommend that you first try some basic troubleshooting steps for your platform. These troubleshooting steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes/freezes in-game, such as checking for missing/corrupted files.

If the issues continue to persist, then please can you provide us with all of the following information:

• Which platform do you play on (PC/PS/Xbox)?
    • Have you been able to try all of the suggested troubleshooting steps for your platform, linked above?
    • Do these crashes / freezes only happen whilst in Svartalfheim? Or have they encountered outside of this realm?
    • What triggers the crashes / freezes in your game? Please be as specific as possible.
    • Do you have any videos that demonstrate the crashes / freezes occuring in-game? These would be helpful for further investigation.

If you'd like to share any images or videos with us, I'd recommend uploading them to a sharing platform first, such as Google Drive or One Drive. This will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

@Nodzeth - Thank you for sharing such a detailed report with us! I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering freezes whilst in treasure areas, as well as whilst you're browsing the in-game menus and switching your gear.

Just to clarify, when changing your gear, do the freezes only happen when equipping items from the Hreidmar set?

Can you also let us know if you've been able to try all of the suggested PS4 troubleshooting steps linked above?

@Greenpigman2019 - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering a freeze during a cutscene in "The Masters." Have you been able to try the suggested troubleshooting steps for your platform? If the issue continues to persist after trying these steps, please can you provide us with all of the information requested above?

@galantancient - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a crash when trying to interact with Brokkr, and whilst fighting one of the in-game bosses. Have you been able to try the suggested troubleshooting steps to see if this allows you to progress further?

@GizmoMKD - I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble completing raids due to crashes. Have you been able to try the suggested troubleshooting steps for your platform to see if this helps to alleviate the issue.

@TheDarkspine - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes whilst equipping the Hreidmar set. Have you been able to try equipping the set outside of Svartalfheim to see if you're able to equip it without crashes? Additionally, can you let us know if you've tried the suggested troubleshooting steps for your platform.

@Khrel - Thanks for sharing your suggestion! I'm glad to hear you were able to find a workaround! That being said, if you try to equip the Hreidmar set in Svartalfheim, do you still experience crashes / freezes?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • LunaRaeJenkins
    2 posts

@greenpigman2019 I am having same problem. It happens in the middle of the dwarf's dialog. Standing in middle of the shelter. It happens everytime, same part of dialog, then kicks me to my home screen.

• LunaRaeJenkins
    2 posts

I play on the Xbox series X and my game keep crashing during a cut scene in Valhalla ( Dawn of Ragnarok). Specifically it happens during the dwarf, "Brokkr's" speech. When he says, " Bloody sweet, alright?" Game freezes and then crashes to home screen! I have done troubleshooting, so what now?

• Greenpigman2019
    Original poster 5 posts

@lunaraejenkins yep spot on what happens to me I’ve deleted and reinstalled the game 3 times now and nothing changes you just past a spot where they talk about mead and then it will freeze and crash

• Greenpigman2019
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-mark I tryed what was on the list and I have now deleted and reinstalled the game for the 4th time only to keep having it crash in the same spot every time I do not have a second console to play the game on and it seems like it’s not just me As I’ve read a few post wirh similar sounding problems

• JamesLogan491
    135 posts

I play on PS4. Had some crashes during the playthrough that required to reopen the application and some cutscenes that would completely freeze the console forcing me to unplug from the power. That is bad on its own since I risk corrupting data or damaging my hardware every time it happens but upon rebooting the console and waiting for the shamefully long loading times I would be able to watch the cutscene and move on.

That worked until spoiler which always freezes making progressing impossible.

• JamesLogan491
    135 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JamesLogan491
    135 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Greenpigman2019
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-mark yeah I did this and nothing changed at all I’ve nor deleted and reinstalled 4 times and nothing is yet to fix it

• ckendrick1979
    1 posts

Same here have either of you figured out how to fix it or if it is on the developers?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your crash reports from "Dawn of Ragnarok" within this thread. For visibility, I've separated the reports about crashes / freezes occuring when changing your gear loadout into their own thread. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this move.

If you are experiencing crashes / freezes when changing your gear loadout, please can you check out our new dedicated Megathread to learn more about what information we'd like to collect from you.

If you have not already tried basic troubleshooting steps for your platform, we would recommend that you first give these a try. These troubleshooting steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes/freezes in-game, such as checking for missing/corrupted files.

If the issues continue to persist after trying all of the steps for your platform, then please can you provide us with all of the following information:

• Have you been able to try all of the suggested troubleshooting steps for your platform, linked above?
    • Do these crashes / freezes only happen whilst in Svartalfheim? Or have they encountered outside of this realm?
    • What triggers the crashes / freezes in your game? Please be as specific as possible.
    • Do you have any videos that demonstrate the crashes / freezes occuring in-game? These would be helpful for further investigation.

If you'd like to share any images or videos with us, I'd recommend uploading them to a sharing platform first, such as Google Drive or One Drive. This will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

@LunaRaeJenkins - I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing a crash during "The Masters," and for letting us know that you've tried the suggested troubleshooting steps. Would you be able to capture a video that shows the crash occurring at the same spot in-game? A video of the behaviour would be helpful for the dedicated teams as they look into this issue further.

@Greenpigman2019 - Thank you for confirming you've tried the suggested troubleshooting steps for you platform. I'm sorry to hear that the crashes still persist. Would you be able to capture a video of the crash, as this would be helpful for further investigation into the issue.

@JamesLogan491 - I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing freezing during cutscenes whilst playing through "Dawn of Ragnarok." Just to confirm, is the cutscene you're referring to from spoiler

Do you happen to have any videos that demonstrate the freeze you're experiencing during this cutscene? We can then include these in your report to the dedicated teams for a closer look.

I've also deleted your duplicate posts. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

@WrecK3rr - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes during "Dawn of Ragnarok." Would you be able to provide us with some more details about these crashes? If you can provide us with the information requested above, that would be helpful for further investigation.

@ckendrick1979 - Would you be able to confirm which crash / freeze issue you're encountering in your game for us? Are you referring to the crashes / freezes experienced when changing your gear loadout, or to a different issue that's been reported within this thread?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JamesLogan491
    135 posts

@Ubi-Borealis
    About the cutscene: I'm sorry I can't really confirm the name of the mission but spoiler. I did manage to watch the full cutscene eventually but it was in a less than ideal way. I watched until it froze the console and forced me to unplug it from the power and turn it on again, I then skipped the cutscene up to the point I had watched it before and kept on watching until it froze the console again. I repeated this process three times in order to watch the cutscene until the end.

About recording a video: It is very inconvenient to not be able to post videos here directly, instead having to upload it somewhere else like YouTube and linking it here. The cutscene freezes don't just freeze the game but the whole PS4 console as I pointed out. So no video can be saved after it happens. No inputs from the controller are even registered, unfortunately.

• Almal92
    2 posts

Same issue for me tonight. The Masters mission straight after talking about the mead. Have you had any more luck getting a fix?@greenpigman2019

• Almal92
    2 posts

I’ve think I’ve found a fix on Xbox series X which worked for me after 20 times crashing on the same cutscene (“The Masters” talking about sweet mead)
    Go to Main menu > Load Game > and there should be a ton of saved files for “The Masters”. Delete all the save files except the first autosave (The Masters - Autosave 1)
    Load the remaining save file and should work… or it did for me at least, hope it works for everyone else too!
    @greenpigman2019

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your crash reports from "Dawn of Ragnarok" with us within this thread. I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered technical trouble in-game that is impacting on your gaming experience.

If you are specifically experiencing crashes / freezes when changing your gear loadout, please can you check out our new dedicated Megathread to learn more about what information we'd like to collect from you.

If you have not already tried basic troubleshooting steps for your platform, we would recommend that you first give these a try. These troubleshooting steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes/freezes in-game, such as checking for missing/corrupted files.

If the issues continue to persist after trying all of the steps for your platform, then please can you provide us with all of the following information? This information is helpful for further investigation, and for helping us to track any trending issues:

@WrecK3rr - Thanks for letting us know more about the crashes you've experienced following the release "Dawn of Ragnarok." I'm sorry to hear that these crashes are random. Would you be able to let us know the rest of the information requested above? In particular, can you let us know which platform you use and if you've been able to try all of the suggested troubleshooting steps?

There can be many potential causes behind technical issues in-game, and the information requested above is helpful during further investigation to help us to better understand the crashes / freezes you're experiencing.

@JamesLogan491 - No worries about being able to confirm the name of the quest. I'm pretty certain from the description you've provided me that it's spoiler now! Thank you for letting me know that you've also been able to watch the full cutscene now as well, albeit it in a very stop-start kind of way. I understand that the steps you took to view the cutscene weren't convenient, and apologise for any impact this issue has had on your gaming experience.

I also appreciate that it might not be easy to capture a video of freezes / crashes in-game due to the fact these issues can prevent inputs being made or recordings from being save. Thanks for letting me know you've been unable to record this issue.

I've spotted quite a few reports of crashes / freezes occuring during cutscenes whilst progressing through "Dawn of Ragnarok", particularly with "The Masters" questline. I've forwarded these reports of increased crashes / freezes during cutscenes to the dedicated teams for a closer look. If we require any additional information from the reports that have been shared with us within this thread about this specific crash issue, we'll contact you here.

@Almal92 - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering crashes during "The Masters." Thank you for sharing how you were able to resolve this issue in your own game! 😄 Please note that the Player Support team does not encourage deleting save files, as we are unable to recover these for you. If you would like to try deleting your saves, this is at your own risk.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • grimmik
    1 posts

Hey! my game crash every time in dawn of ragnarok. When im on the quest The masters chapter 3 and i uploaded the crash on youtube.
    Im playing on Xbox series X.

I have done this steps.

unintall and reinstall the game.
    Update Xbox series x.
    Update my lg tv.
    Update my denon avr-x2700h

Still the same problem when on the quest.

Suggested Topics