ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• stan129
    1 posts

@ubi-mark Yeah Same problem

• AORUS2017
    260 posts

@grimmik

Updating you TV have nothing to do with the game crashing it's i3D,net servers the division 2 players have had this problem for more than a year and they haven't fixed it

• lodgiebaby
    1 posts

@grimmik has anybody sorted this yet Iv only just encountered this problem and it’s stressing me out Iv tried everything

• vnnd0021
    2 posts

I’m also having the same issue. Game keeps crashing. This is pathetic. Can’t finish the story if it crashes.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to share your crash reports during cutscenes within this thread. I apologise for any impact that these crashes have had on your gaming experience.

The dedicated teams are still looking into these specific crashes further. If you haven't already, we would recommend that you first try some basic troubleshooting steps for your platform. These troubleshooting steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes/freezes in-game, such as checking for missing/corrupted files.

If the crashes continue to persist after trying these steps, then I would like to assure you that the dedicated teams are looking into this further. At this time, they no longer require any additional reports to assist with the investigation. Thanks to everyone who took the time to share these with us!

Once we have any updates to share with you all from the investigation into this issue, they will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will be posted within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so please keep an eye out for these.

Please note that we have a couple of other ongoing Megathreads for crashes / freezes experienced whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. If you are experiencing crashes / freezes that are not related to a cutscene, then I'd recommend checking out our other Megathreads:

If you are experiencing crashes / freezes whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla outside of Svartalfheim and the "Dawn of Ragnarok" expansion, please can you either create a new thread or, if a PC player, share your report in our dedicated Megathread for general crashes / freezes in Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

@moriatii - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and for sharing your feedback regarding the ongoing investigation into this issue. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to progress through "The Masters." 😄

Please note that the Player Support team does not encourage deleting save files, as we are unable to recover these if they are lost. If you would like to try deleting previous saves to try and resolve the issue, then this is at your own risk.

@stan129, @lodgiebaby & @vnnd0021 - Have you been able to try the suggested troubleshooting steps linked above for your platform? I'd recommend giving these steps a try to see if this alleviates the crashes you've been experiencing. If the crashes continue to persist after trying these steps, then I would like to reassure you that the dedicated teams are looking into what could potentially be causing these specific crashes further. Please keep an eye out within this thread and the News & Announcements forum for future updates from the investigation.

@AORUS2017 - Just to check, have you been experiencing crashes during "Dawn of Ragnarok" cutscenes, or are you having trouble with "The Division 2?" If you have been experiencing issues whilst playing "The Division 2," then I'd recommend posting within their dedicated Player Support forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • drizzlerdigg
    1 posts

@greenpigman2019 it has happened to me too! I've tried everything suggested. Did you manage to sort it and what did you do please?

• Lele001986
    6 posts
    Which platform do you play on (PC/PS/Xbox)?

PS4

Do these crashes / freezes only happen whilst in Svartalfheim? Or have they encountered outside of this realm?

Currently yes.

What triggers the crashes / freezes in your game? Please be as specific as possible.

During investigation in Cold Embers mission: right just examing 1-2 traces in the cave after opening the big door.

Do you have any videos that demonstrate the crashes / freezes occuring in-game? These would be helpful for further investigation.

No i don't, game freezes/locks the whole screen and i can't do nothing. I have to force turning off the PS4.

• wolfviking
    2 posts

I am having the same issue currently on my PS5. Start up the cutscene with Brokkr and then it just freezes and goes to the PS5 home page.

I am now currently going through the reinstall portion of troubleshooting. The other stuff did not work. I will record a video of the issue if it should still be there.

• slinkybinxs
    7 posts

I deleted my save files for ragnarok, work great till I got to "Cold Embers" crashed . Crashes on startup.

• mrdeadhead
    11 posts

the post credits cutscene back at the shelter with ivaldi has completely frozen my ps4 everytime I try to initiate it. once right at the beginning, and once right after hyrroken leaves

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to share your crash reports during cutscenes within this thread. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation into this issue!

The dedicated teams have confirmed that they will be deploying a fix for these cutscene crashes in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when the fix will be released for the game. As soon as we have more details to share regarding this update, we will let you know within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be published via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum.

The dedicated teams have also been able to test the workaround for "The Masters" shared earlier within this thread by @Almal92, and they found that deleting all auto-saves except auto-save one resolved the issue and allowed the cutscene to proceed as normal. Please note that if you would like to try this workaround in your own game, you do not need to delete any manual saves. We would recommend that you create a manual save before attempting this workaround, as this will prevent you from losing any in-game progress.

If you are experiencing crashes outside of cutscenes, then I recommend that you check out our other dedicated Megathread for crash issues in Assassin's Creed Valhalla:

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • AORUS2017
    260 posts

@ubi-borealis

Sorry for the late reply, I don't experiencing any crashes during Dawn of Ragnarok, or Valhalla I fixed my Quest finding Fritjof by reinstall my game @130GB😀 and replay the quest again after 1.5.1 patch. Sometimes Games patches gets muddle up so the verify the game files don't always work best to do is reinstall the game to fix it. I haven't been on Division 2 for sometime because of the Crashes. I'm on PC

Thanks😁

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing an update with us, @AORUS2017! I'm glad to hear that your crashes during Assassin's Creed Valhalla have been resolved following a clean installation of the game! 😄

If you're experiencing technical issues whilst playing The Division 2, then I recommend that you reach out within our dedicated Player Support forums for the game, and our team can look into these further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • AORUS2017
    260 posts

@ubi-borealis

Your welcome😀 if players did a clean installation it would help the dev team a lot with a patch if it's need! Afterwise they will be stuck in save game loop I have seen it other games too.

• Ubi-Borealis

A clean installation is definitely a great first troubleshooting step, @AORUS2017, as it also helps to ensure there are no missing or corrupted game files! 😄 We'd definitely recommend that any players experiencing technical trouble in-game give this step a go, just to ensure that their game has been correctly installed.

Official Response
  • AORUS2017
    260 posts

@ubi-borealis

Maybe you can post troubleshooting step on this Thread Because I completed the quest😀

Have a nice day.

• Ubi-Borealis

A member of the Player Support team will be checking out the Megathread you've linked as soon as they're able to, @AORUS2017, so don't worry! If you haven't already shared your experience within this linked thread, though, I'd recommend that you do so 🙂

Official Response
  • AORUS2017
    260 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Thanks😀 I have replied with images of that thread after doing a clean installation.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for that, @AORUS2017! For clarity's sake, I suggest we continue any discussion of "Finding Fritjof" in the dedicated Megathread, as this will prevent us from going off-topic within this thread about crashes / freezes during cutscenes in the Dawn of Ragnarok expansion.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • blinking293
    1 posts

This is what worked for me to get past the Brokkr crash in Dawn of Ragnarok.

After the crash, I reloaded and then went and got a contract from Redda. Specifically it was Last One, the one that glitches to the Jotun that loves the dwarf in Jordeygr Shelter, and made it my specific quest.

It was already night time when I transported back to Hodda Shelter. I made a new save under Contract: Last One while inside Hodda, just before the cutscene, and deleted any other save I had.

I was able to get through the cutscene without any issue. I’m on PS5.

Hope that helps!

Suggested Topics