ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ghost_LeaderBG
    Original poster 13 posts

This has been a problem for me since I first started the game. Initially, certain other challenges didn't unlock either (even though I had already completed their requirements), but over the various updates and expansions, they have all unlocked retroactively. Even after finishing Dawn of Ragnarok, the only challenge I have yet to complete is "The Hiking Spirit", which requires me to visit all regions in Norway. I keep visiting the village, the 2 major regions, I travel around the map, fast travel from and back to Norway, and I could never get the challenge to complete. I have 100% completed the game and all base game and DLC locations (except ofr DoR) and I have finished all other challenges, so I am stuck at 66/67 challenges.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 252 posts

Hi @ghost_leaderbg! I apologize you are unable to unlock the "The Hiking Spirit" challenge. Please try these troubleshooting steps to ensure everything is syncing properly. Additionally, please try reinstalling your game and completing the necessary requirements to complete this challenge. If you still are unable to unlock it, please let me know with a video showing this is still locked.

Official Response
  • Ghost_LeaderBG
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-peach Sorry about the delayed response. Here's a link to a video I made of quickly fast travelling between all the regions of Norway, as part of the challenge requirement:

I visit all 2 major regions (which show as fully complete) and Fornburg, the village at the beginning of the game in case it also counts.

I uninstalled and then downloaded the game, but that didn't help. I always keep my Windows 10 and the drivers updated, do a clear install of the GPU drivers every time and do not have any online connectivity issues. In fact, I completed all of the Dawn of Ragnarok challenges and they unlocked without an issue, it's just this one challenged from the base game that just cannot unlock. Here's a screenshot of the still buggy challenge and a screenshot of a completed Dawn of Ragnarok challenge:
    https://imgur.com/a/lFnqrLQ

• bielik01
    1773 posts

@ghost_leaderbg you know what I'd do in that case? I'd start a new game (because it's Norway) and travel to each region there. Then come back to your regular playthrough.
    If that doesn't help then this is really bugged. This reminds me of "Ambianum" Core Challenge doesn't unlock after visiting Amiens and Core challenge / City of lights.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @Ghost_LeaderBG!

Thanks for providing us with that video. I've forwarded this to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at why your "Hiking Spirit" challenge might not be unlocking as anticipated.

If we require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread. I understand that it's not ideal, but it could be worth trying the workaround suggested by @bielik01 and starting a new save file to quickly visit Rygjafylke and Hordafylke with. This could cause the challenge to trigger correctly.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics