ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WildHunt
    Original poster 230 posts

Hi,

At some point during the new Dawn of Ragnarok DLC, you will return to Ravensthorpe and Eivor will say the dialogue "These new visions of Odin trouble me..." and you are instructed to sit by a fire in Ravensthorpe to think about the visions. You go sit by the fire, and you can listen to some stories from people around the camp. When you return to Svartalfheim you will have 4 treasure map locations to find in Svartalfheim as a result of listening to those stories in Ravensthorpe.

I've done all this, I've sat by the fire, listened to all the stories, and found the four treasures in Svartalfheim. For the record, I have completed the DLC and done everything with the exception of two altar offerings that have nothing to do with these stories. Throughout the DLC after listening to these stories Eivor still says that "These new visions of Odin trouble me..." dialogue every time I returned to Ravensthorpe or launch the game into Ravensthorpe. I haven't reported it until now because I thought Eivor would stop saying it after I completed the DLC but it keeps happening.

I have verified my files. I've attached a video to show you what I mean. Sorry, it is a long video but I wanted to show you how many times my character says it and when, also to show you that I can't go back to the fire and listen to the stories again, to prove I have done that part.

Video link: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kkRWUzG6gcJ9UpMMGRd_7coZkCoqTQxc/view?usp=sharing)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AlePlay
    736 posts

after finishing DoR i did the mission of fire and stories ....
    but now, whenever I am in the settlement, ALWAYS keep repeating this phrase ...
    he has to clarify his thoughts and put himself by the fire ...
    but where is this hearth? i dont found it..!
    also there is no longer any mission related to this ..?
    can someone explain me what to do ..? XD

• DogleggedDanny
    1 posts

@wildhunt this also is happening to me. I return to the fire area where i listened to the stories originally and theres nothing.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1259 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1259 posts

Hey there folks.

Thanks for your reports on this so far and for the video provided demonstrating this.

I am going to raise this with the ACV team for further investigation and clarification on whether this is working as intended or needs to be fixed so that Eivor stops repeating this voice line after everything has been completed with DoR.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • WildHunt
    Original poster 230 posts

@ubi-orion I've discovered why this is happening. When you sit by the fire to listen to those stories, you will never get Gunnar's story (the blacksmith in Ravensthorpe) unless his marriage quest is completed first.

Initially, when I did this quest to sit by the fire and listen to the stories, I never completed Gunnar's wedding. I did the wedding quest yesterday and then a new quest appeared for me to listen to another story by the fire, which was Gunnar's story. I listened to that, completed the treasure map in Svartalfheim and the dialogue no longer repeats.

I think this is still a bug though because anyone who hasn't got to the part in the main story where Gunnar gets married (I didn't get to that point until well over 200 hours into the game) but instead does this DLC first, they will be listening to that repeated dialogue for a long time.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4730 posts

Hi @wildhunt apologies for the late response.

Thanks for the update, I will inform the development team.

@AlePlay @DogleggedDanny could you please confirm if you had listened to all four stories and received the four treasure hoard maps from Tove, Gunnar, Alvis and Randvi? And have you collected all four treasures in Svartalfheim? wildhunt mentioned that they had not completed Gunnar's wedding and therefore did not receive Gunnar's treasure hoard map.

Official Response
  • AlePlay
    736 posts

@ubi-keo

I carried out the mission of the stories, I spoke to tobe end alvis but I have not received maps of the tesoor does not report me new missions ..

• VVulph
    3 posts

This bug is super annoying, since Eivor repeats the dialogue EVERY SINGLE TIME Ravensthorpe is entered.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4730 posts

@aleplay Sorry to confirm have you spoken to Tove, Gunnar, Alvis and Randvi? I do not understand what you mean with regards to the maps of the tesoor? Can you please clarify this for me.

@VVulph I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue.

Could you confirm if you have spoken to Tove, Gunnar, Alvis and Randvi? and completed all four treasure hoards?

Official Response
  • AlePlay
    736 posts
    you had listened to all four stories and received the four treasure hoard maps from Tove, Gunnar, Alvis and Randv

i have listened 2 stories....

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @AlePlay, thanks for the update there and will forward the information you've provided together with the rest of the details provided!

Should we require any additional information, we may update the thread accordingly. Until then, apologies about the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for bearing with us for the time being.

If you have any further queries or run into any other difficulties, let us know!

Official Response
  • The__Neth
    1 posts

Hey there @ubi-karl,

Just thought I'd pop in to say that I'm experiencing this issue now also.

I'd completed Gunnar's Wedding questline and Ireland DLC all the way through prior to even getting to Svartalfheim the first time, and so when Eivor popped back out to Ravensthorpe and had to go meet Valka in the woods to face their fear I happened to stop at the fire and listen to the stories first.

I was only prompted / provided Tove, Alvis, and Gunnar's stories and didn't even realise Randvi was meant to provide one.

I've gone back and completed the three story search quests and the main Svartalfheim / DoR storyline, so really the only thing left I have to do story-wise for the whole game is the Francia DLC. Randvi is still at the map table so I'm going to go talk to her, but I doubt that will help prompt her story.

• Do you think I've missed the story prompt from Randvi because I completed DoR before getting the chance to listen at the fire?

Cheers for your assistance 🙂
    Laneth

• Kdefelice24
    1 posts

@ubi-keo
    I have spoken to alvis, Gunnar, and tove, but I cannot access a conversation with Randvi, I have finished the DoR main story, and have gone back to ravensthorp but it won’t allow me to hear randvis svartalfheim story. Help!!!

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@kdefelice24 Hey! Sorry to hear that you are also having this issue.

Can you let us know the exact mission name you are on please?

Thank you.

• JKEGIB
    2 posts

Hello,

I too am in the same boat with not being able to get Randvi's map - and the annoying repetitive dialogue from Eivor when returning to or entering Ravensthorpe. I have completed Tove, Alvis, and Gunnars maps. I have completed all main story arcs / missions with only the 'reach settlement level 6' to complete. Grateful for any insights as to how to complete Randvi's map?

Thanks,

Jason.

• JKEGIB
    2 posts

Hello,

I too am having the same problem with getting Randvi's map. I have completed all storyline's and have completed Tove, Alvis, and Gunnar's hoard maps. The only mission I have to complete is reach level 6 settlement. Eivor is still repeating the same dialogue upon entering or returning to Ravensthorpe.

Happy for any advice.

Best,

Jason.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

@jkegib Hey there! I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this annoying issue. Could you please upload a short clip of this occurring, so I can investigate it further?

Official Response
  • Kaotisk2
    2 posts

i had to max out my settlement to level 6 before i got randvi to appear at the fire

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

@kaotisk2 Hi there! Thank you for sharing this. Once Randvi appeared and you were able to speak to them has the bug gone away for you?

Official Response

Suggested Topics