ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 535 posts

When playing the DUA map, and you're downstairs exploring the garage, there is a large room just before the one where you kill Diesel. I think this is a run-through room because I don't recall there ever being any baddies spawned there.

Anyway, when entering that room there is always a "loot drop" sound as soon as you run through the door, usually indicating a secret key, but I have never been able to find it.

I Googled the topic but have come up empty. Anyone knows where it (and the room) is?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TxDieselKid
    331 posts

@sock_monkey Is that the room where there's a room in the middle with a bunch of "plants" being grown in the middle and you have to go around it? Right after Diesel's boss fight?

• Sock_Monkey

@txdieselkid No, this is the room right before you fight Diesel. In the Mall you kill Books, then jump down an elevator shaft into the garage, then the first large storage room you encounter.

Normally you run through it, then in the next room is the armored car and Diesel.

• WrecK3rr
    325 posts

I'm pretty positive a secret key doesn't exist in DUA (all variants).

• WrecK3rr
    325 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Sock_Monkey

@wreck3rr I don't necessarily dispute that, since I have been unsuccessful in finding anything to date, but if that's the case I wonder why the loot drop sound always occurs when I pass through the door into that room?

It's a 100% certainty, and never a variable.

• N3mB0t
    1015 posts

@sock_monkey

there are no enemies on that room except on legendary , but on any instance there is a weapon crate right to the left behind the racks , also if you dont pick up loot from some past rooms you might hear the loot drop sound signaling you are again in proximity to that loot.

• Sock_Monkey

@n3mb0t OK, we're definitely talking about the same room now, as your description is spot on.

However, I always pick up literally everything, so I struggle with that explanation for the sound.

Who knows, maybe it's just a SW bug.(?) It's "bugged" me for over a year, but I thought it was unimportant enough I kept delaying asking, but went through with the latest challenges, and it got me wondering all over again. 🙂

Anyway, no biggie. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something obvious as far as secret rooms go.

• DutchLMB4ever
    420 posts

@sock_monkey
    I've sort of seen the key...
    Sometimes in legendary (in the mall bit) after the fight, I'm in my inventory and when I go out to move to the next room I can see it upstairs.

It is way up in the air (above the Hyena box)

First I thought it was from the room before the mall, but it wasnt.

Then I thought that it was the Hyena box, but it was still unopened.

Maybe it was supposed to open a door...

Suggested Topics