ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mr.Persister
    Original poster 51 posts

I gotta say this is Absolute Crap. Mass race wont work half the time or more, Im so sick of garbage as are all my mates. Games been out 4 1/2 months and we cant even get the servers to a decent place. So few people are playing at night now we can barely get a full lobby and if it doesn't go through there's no time left in the que.

Get it together ubi.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Mr.Persister
    Original poster 51 posts

We're literally missing multiple ques every night, this is unacceptable.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4841 posts

Hello @mr-persister ,

Thank you for reaching out to us, sorry to hear you've been having connection issues.

May we please know the platform(s) you're playing on?

As well as more details about your issues?

Is it just failing lobbies, or are you being disconnected with certain error messages / codes?

Official Response
  • Mr.Persister
    Original poster 51 posts

@ubi-theberry Hello,

I play on PC, on the ubisoft store. But this is something affecting everyone. The lobby is what is failing, nobody's getting disconnected. But I don't have anything left to do but play massies so its the same to me. when enough people are playing you can usually catch another que, but there aren't 64 people racing at night. so if the que fails, the timer runs out and there's no second que.

I dropped 6 or 7 races last night before finally giving up.

a quick fix might be switching to 32 player lobbies on offpeak hours.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @mr-persister, thank you for taking the time to get back in touch, I appreciate the screenshot. I am sorry to hear that you keep getting disconnected from multiplayer matches.  I have just looked into it from my end, and I can confirm that as of 17:18 BST on the 27th of March, that all of our Riders Republic servers and services are running as intended. Therefore I would recommend you run through our connectivity troubleshooting in this article and ensure you have completed all the steps. These steps can help rule out many of the common causes for connectivity-related issues. 

I will keep an eye on our services from my side, and I will let you know if we have any new developments.

Should you have further questions regarding any of those steps in the article above, or regarding any other issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.  

• Mr.Persister
    Original poster 51 posts

@ubi-gizmo thank you sir. The servers have been normal since Wednesday. still failing from time to time, but enough people are playing so there's another lobby to catch.

I will run through the steps in the article. However like I said this is something that affects everyone in the lobby. I see a mass of people behind me when I load back in front of the mass race transport, and everyone in my group DCs as well from the Mass lobby (+ the group disbands, why?). Also, I don't have any other connectivity issues with riders or other games.

This has been going on, on and off, since launch in March. Thank you for looking into it/ keeping an eye on it.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1028 posts

Hey @mr-persister,

Thank you for taking the time to update us, can I just check whether this persists for you after following the steps in that article?

Many thanks

Official Response
  • Mr.Persister
    Original poster 51 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck, The problem does indeed persist, but like I said its back to normal. I played for about 4 hours last night (8 mass races), only 1 lobby failure with enough time to re-que.
    It seems to be on a night to night basis if there are enough people to fill up the lobby. But the lobby failures are completely unpredictable.
    Ill add I've never noticed a last gen (32 player) lobby fail.

I have done everything on the list except check software conflicts.

here are my ping test traceRT. It says I don't have privileges to upload .txt for MSinfo and DXdiag

• EmiliePittman00
    9 posts

As well as more details about your issues?

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @mr-persister, thank you for taking the time to get back in touch and share those images. I have gone ahead and removed them from the forums as they contain some personal information, I hope you do not mind. That said, I've reviewed those images, and I can see that you are behind what is called a Double-NAT connection. For further information regarding double-NAT connections and how they can impact your online experience, I would recommend that you take a look at the information in this article. These types of connections are more commonly seen in large networks, such as student accommodation, schools and offices. For more information on resolving double-NAT issues, please contact your internet service provider or your router manufacturer

If you resolve the Double-NAT connection issue but you still experience problems with the multiplayer sessions, please do not hesitate to reach out and create a case with images displaying your traceroute and ping test results. We will then gladly investigate it further.

@EmiliePittman00 - I believe you may commented on the wrong topic here, if you are also experiencing issues with online, could you please go through the steps I have shared above?

• Mr.Persister
    Original poster 51 posts

@ubi-gizmo hey, thanks for getting back to me. Sorry this is not an area of expertise for me, I had to read some more articles to try and understand Double-NAT connections.

I'm actually playing on a home PC, on a wired connection. the linked article suggests to set up forwarding posts, but in the followup article it states:

"Please note that this is unlikely to resolve issues for server-based games. This is because the initial connection is made by you, and as such all incomign data from the server is expected by your router."

A different article I found says some ISP interfaces let you enable a "passthrough" mode to bypass the firewall, but this opens you up to hackers which seems dubious to be required. I still need to contact my ISP to resolve the double nat, but I think this is pretty clearly not a local issue or else I'd be the only one affected.

Unless what your saying is that my Double nat connections is what's causing the lobby to fail, but that cant be working as intended right? Anyways, I'll get my internet issue resolved before I create a case, thanks.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

@mr-persister Thanks so much for the information! Please let us know here if after speaking to your internet service provider if you notice improvements in the online services troubles you are having.

Official Response
  • EmiliePittman00
    9 posts

Thanks for the information

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4841 posts

No problem at all @emiliepittman00 , you know where we are if there's ever anything more you need help with!

Official Response

Suggested Topics