ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Husker_Boi
    Original poster 1 posts

Opening siege and seeing a new mode was awesome, especially seeing a TDM mode. However, I was so SO disappointed when I started playing. Primarily by the spawning, it is easily the largest issue for me. There is absolutely nothing worse than dying as soon as you spawn, so fast you haven't even begun moving or had the chance to ADS, because it spawned you TWO FEET IN FRONT OF AN ENEMY

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Slyrr7
    149 posts

@husker_boi While I criticize UBI and Siege over a number of things, I'm not sure they can be blamed for this. Deathmatches in any game are just kind of 'like' that - crossing your fingers and hoping you don't get killed immediately after spawning. Unless the game has a 'safe zone' where players spawn (like the resupply rooms in Team Fortress 2). In order to fix this, UBI would have to add 'safe' zones or safe rooms where killed players can spawn, then run into the map when they're 'ready'. I doubt UBI would do this, for several reasons.

They'd have to re-work any maps that are part of the DM rotation to add safe zones, which I doubt they'd do. UBI has always been super-slow with map updates.

Players might abuse the zones and not leave them.

Any safe zones would be spawn camped. Players would spam such zones with grenades, bombs, constant gunfire - anything that would allow the unscrupulous to make off with quick, easy kills.

The cheaters and hackers will find a way to exploit any spawning system anyway. The engine is irredeemably flawed, as has been proven after six years of constant failure to fix the same nagging issues. The cheaters find new ways to exploit the game's many coding problems with every update, and run rings around the developers, who always seem to be lagging a mile behind the cheaters. The cheaters would make a hack that would let them kill players who are inside the safe zones - or the other way around.

Maybe UBI will come up with some miracle fix. Hey, there's a first time for everything. In the meantime, you may just have to live with it.

• JiffBombastic
    1 posts

@slyrr7 There really should be a detection system where if an enemy is within x meters or is in line of sight, you won't spawn at that point. Granted everyone is given impacts and many have shotguns so doing so would be difficult, but there are many areas that are bulletproof. They could even have it so that when you're spawning in on a dangerous point, you're notified that there are x number of enemies by the safest spawn location.

Suggested Topics