ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• andnilse
    Original poster 4 posts

I'm encountering a performance bug where the fps in the main menu and fps in the abilities tab or map drop drastically to 1-2 fps. While running in the world my fps is normal at 120-150. However, when going into the different menus, the fps drops to 1fps.
    I have updated my graphics drivers, I have updated my pc (win11), I have updated the game, I have low graphic settings.
    My setup:
    - Ryzen 5800X, GTX 1080, 16GB 3200MHz, a 1TB m2 SSD with loads of space.

I've tried to change graphic settings lower, running as admin, changing GeForce experience settings to prefer maximum performance in ac Valhalla, tried to disable full-screen optimization.

Pls help!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• andnilse
    Original poster 4 posts

@andnilse I found a solution to the 1fps issue. In my in-game settings my "fps limit" was set to uncapped. When I changed it to 90fps(the highest selectable), my fps rose again and acted normally thereafter. Giving me 90 fps in the menu. I believe there is a bug with the uncapped fps setting. I believe this forces me to play the game at 90fps all the time although my PC would previous run the game at 150 fps. Please fix this issue Ubisoft.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4014 posts

Hi @andnilse apologies for the late response.

I am also sorry to hear that you are experiencing low FPS issues whilst navigating in the menu screen.

Could you please take a look at the PC troubleshooting article and run through all of the steps listed then try again. The support article contains some of the most common fixes for crashes, freezing, FPS drops and more.

If that does not help could you try turning on v-sync if it is currently disabled to see if that helps.

Official Response

Suggested Topics