ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• chacachaca88
    Original poster 49 posts

So just a few days ago Skillz, Rogue, Epic and others had started drooling all over themselves that Heartland was in the Ubisoft Store and there were pictures, etc., in the page. I go today to check it out for myself for some more information and without all of the artificial hype and honestly not to my surprise, it is NO longer there.

Anyone know what is going on with this or am I typing in Heartland wrong in the search bar? Are you supposed to do Tom Clancy's The Heartland or? I see Xcrement a.k.a. Fortnite but no Heartland. I'm as eager as anyone else for new content but not junk just tossed in our faces with Clancy's name on it. Let's try and keep it faithful and not a been there, done that by numerous other companies whilst using old copy/pasted graphics and landmarks.

Ubisoft, where did you put Heartland? Did it not receive the feedback you were expecting? We are into year 3 of TD2 and are doing rinse/repeat seasons without Golden Bullet, the absolute player FAVORITE event in the season... Why?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Imagine_Brata
    499 posts

@chacachaca88 Golden bullet is for those who want to be overpowered and do not want any challenge at all

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

Somebody goofed* and posted it early - hasn't been released yet.

Still don't know why people think it's a The Division Game. They have bent over backwards to explain it's not a The Division Game, but a game set in the same universe. From their words and the leaks, it seems best to think of it as Survival 0.5 as a standalone, F2P game - where the $Flu exists, and you have 3rd person, cover based shooting; with factions and Agents [plus Rogue Agents]. That's it. Don't expect much of a story, don't expect skills, don't expect builds - and expect everything to revolve around PvPvE.

*or it was "leaked" to keep giving the YT creators something to hype

• GhostAgent14
    187 posts

Hmmmm. That's interesting that the Heartland link isn't online any longer. I wonder if Ubisoft put that link up there just to have something on the 3 year birthday of Division 2. I'm honestly beginning to think that the video game industry as a whole is getting weirder and weirder these days.

• HonestlyOK1986
    177 posts

@chacachaca88 it got taken down as was apparently put up in error. It is what it usually is with these things, they drop a few sneak peaks to let the youtubers give some "amazing incredible leaked news", as if they did some kind of amazing hacking to drop this stuff and hype build before release. Except it back fired as nobody gives a crap for it as td2 has been so poor managed and lacked so much over the last 18 months that its biggest fans have left and few remain.

Players will come back and try it out no doubt. Then a few weeks down the line when people realise its a copy and paste, a couple of metas drop, the balancing is its usual crap, a few cheaters and hacks get spotted and bang, there goes the pvp side of it and the pve will be so limited in content that nobody cares any more. I imagine it will just be significantly quicker than the years it took for people to realise this with td1 an 2.

• chacachaca88
    Original poster 49 posts

@imagine_brata Okay, sweaty. If only we were all as amazing as you. Please start a YT channel so we can see how amazing you are........

• chacachaca88
    Original poster 49 posts

@latenitedelight Yea, They are doing a [censored] poor job advertising this thing and honestly they don't have to in the end. These days all gaming companies have to do is say Free to Download and players will stumble over themselves to play it. Then it just feeds the algorithm that the developers need to show people that X amount of people have downloaded the game, blah blah. Even though we all know that the average gamer these days love their skins and upgraded weapons so don't look now but here come the mtx's and the new obsession of NFT's. Which the owner has stated over and over will be the spearhead of Ubisoft going forward. So download all you want but I will eat crow if things aren't locked behind paywalls.

I wish they would abandon Tom Clancy's name like the finally did with Xnite or xdfiant, whatever that abomination is. lol

• Imagine_Brata
    499 posts

@chacachaca88 I have a YT channel but it is not updated that much https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkhxrggKcSw2S8wS6WIq8Rg .
    And here is a typical everyday for me in Division 2

• Ashkan983
    1 posts

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how can I tackle the error of DELTA C-1-200. I've tried many ways, ranging from changing my DNS address to installing proxy, but to no avail. I deeply need your help in this case. I even chatted with the support team, but seemingly they just put dealing with it on a back-burner.

Thnx

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@chacachaca88 I haven't seen anything that NFTs will be in Heartland, but I fully expect it to have oodles of MTX - it's a F2P game, that's the whole point [after hopefully being fun to play] 🤓

It's also 100% not a problem, because Cosmetics aren't P2W. They can tout downloads all they want to start, but what really matters is cash flow. If it's negative, the game will be gone [see:HyperScape].

I still don't get why setting them in the Tom Clancy Universe has ruffled so many feathers, but whatever - folks just seem to enjoy getting angry these days, and feel like they own IPs they enjoy, even though that couldn't be further from the truth. I've said since the announcement they should have left the name off, and then let people draw the conclusion themselves.

Suggested Topics